I Have A Question Regarding Paypal and Need Help

ballwonder

EOG Master
I am pretty understanding of paypal and want to make sure I dont get fcked on this deal. I have a camera for sale on craigs list and this is a response I got back. If I accept a paypal payment from them is it possible for them to cancel it or for the payment to be no good or is it once funds are sent I am in the clear? Thanks

"Hello,

thanks for getting back to me asap.I like the item with the
description and all.It is okay with me and i will be glad if you can
sell this to me as i want to purchase it for my friend who is in need
of it. As for the payment, i will prefer paying you with PayPal as i
always feel comfortable and secured with paypal for online
transactions .You will also do me a favor in helping me to ship it
over to him. I would have prefer to do it by myself but i am
considering a lot of thing.like having to ship twice.. I can include
$100 to the amount of this item for the shipment so i don't think the
shipping should be a problem. I prefer the 8-10days USPS PRIORITY MAIL
INTL. shipping method as it will makes it more easier for him to
receive the package.You can do this at the USPS office. If interested,
let me have your PayPal email so i can transfer the cash into your
account now. thanks.However if you don't have pay pal account you can
just log on to paypal.com and set up an account it is free easy and
secure to pay and receive money through pay pal.get back to me asap."

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: I Have A Question Regarding Paypal and Need Help

I've had a business acct with Pay Pal for a number of years with
their debit card and have had no problems

Call Pay Pal is my best recommendation ....

biggamer3

EOG Master

Ballwonder, rule of thumb, ONLY SHIP TO THE CONFIRMED ADDRESS ON PAYPAL!!!

But that is on Ebay sales not like yours.

I dont see how in hell this can be a scam, as he is sending you money first, if anything you can scam him here, not him to you.

Once the money is sent, i think he has no way to get it back.

On an ebay transaction he has ways to get it back, dont think so on a Craigslist

That is definately a scam or something. It smells fishy. Must be stolen paypal password and the friend you send it to is actually him.

ballwonder

EOG Master

I asked for a phone number for contact information but have gotten nothing yet. Appreciate the replies, as I contacted paypal and they said he cannot take the payment back after sending. Still seems fishy I will pass, thanks all.

Trip my ducks

EOG Enthusiast

I'm 99% certain it's a scam, 100% certain if you are being asked to ship it to Indonesia. Advise the customer that shipping will be delayed for 7 days as a precaution against fraud. He will probably object and indicate that he needs it to ship right away. If you ship immediately, you're screwed. Within 2 to 3 days after receipt of payment, you will receive an email from Paypal advising that the transaction is being reviewed for possible fraud. They will eventually reverse tthe transaction (remove the funds from your account) because your customer managed to use someone else's Paypal account to pay for his purchase. You will be out the money and the camera. Been there, done that.

Not sure why everyone is saying it's a scam. If he pays u 1st and money is in. Then it's paid for regardless.

FrankDaTank

EOG Senior Member

The verbage he used sounded scammy, but I agree. If the $$ hits your acct and PayPal ensured it was safe, I say go for it. I'd just drain the PayPal acct as soon as the money hit.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

as much as i sell on eBay and all i can chime in here

100% DO NOT DO THIS AT ALL!

I have said the ONLY difference between PP and Al Qaeda is AQ doesn't hide their intentions. they BOTH operate the same way - PP just doesn't want you to know it

one thing here to mention

ANYTHING SENT USPS PRIORITY MAIL HAS NO TRACKING AT ALL! NONE!

So once it leaves your hands there is NO WAY of REALLY knowing if if got there. When I send stuff using PRM Int'l i ONLY do it to people i have dealt with before because i can trust them. i go to the mail counter and have them scan in the item so all can see i sent it

IN THIS CASE - you are being set up BIG TIME! you send it PM and a few weeks later the guy says he never got it and wants you to track the shipment for him. Guess what - YOU CAN'T. Sedning in a flat rate envelope is inexpensive but NO INSURANCE can be put on it. so now you are sending something you can't track or insure. WHEN this guy files a complaint with PP - wanna guess who will win?

HE WILL - so now you will be OUT the cost of the item AND EVERY SINGLE PENNY HE SENT YOU! If you sold it for $50 and shipping was $15 - PP will take the $65 out of YOUR account. So now you are fucked 3 ways

You are OUT the cost of the item
You are OUT the cost of postage to ship it to him
You are OUT the cost of what he sent you

if the item cost you $25 and you sold it for $50 (and charged $15 to ship it - it costs almost $11 if you ship via USPS.com - fyi) let's add up what you are OUT

$25 for the item
$65 that he paid you via PP
$11 for shipping it to him

add it up and that $25 item cost you about $100

you wanna do that?

IF he inists on wanting it sent overseas - IN THE PP PAYMENT have him list the NEW addy he wants it sent to. ONLY SEND IT USPS EXPRESS MAIL! This way it is tracked and insured for up to $100 for free

NOW - this guy can't fuck with you at all

IF he says he doesn't wanna do this - tell him either "Thanks but no thanks" OR tell him you will ONLY send it to him and then he can send it to whoever he wants overseas. if he conplains about the price - you know this ia a 100% FRAUD

You asked what I would do so i will say: NO FUCKING CHANCE IN HELL WOULD I SHIP TO ANOTHER ADDY - NO WAY! This is 100% FRAUD and anyone who says otherwise has NEVER deal with the motherfucking assholes at PP.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I dont see how in hell this can be a scam, as he is sending you money first, if anything you can scam him here, not him to you.

Once the money is sent, i think he has no way to get it back.

BULLSHIT

Once a few weeks goes by he files a complaint saying he NEVER got the item. he fiels a dispute with PP and having spoken to them way too many times about this the guy will win 100% OF THE TIME! 100%

He absolutely has a way of getting the money back - and not only does he - HE WILL

Bll - send me a PM if you want to discuss this more. i'lleven talk to ya on the phone if need be

DO NOT DO THIS AT ALL! LISTEN TO TTP AND I - THIS IS A 100% SCAM!

biggamer3

EOG Master

BULLSHIT

Once a few weeks goes by he files a complaint saying he NEVER got the item. he fiels a dispute with PP and having spoken to them way too many times about this the guy will win 100% OF THE TIME! 100%

He absolutely has a way of getting the money back - and not only does he - HE WILL

Bll - send me a PM if you want to discuss this more. i'lleven talk to ya on the phone if need be

DO NOT DO THIS AT ALL! LISTEN TO TTP AND I - THIS IS A 100% SCAM!

He cant file a dispute, thats only through EBAY sales.

If i start a fantasy baseball league and guys pay me through paypal and i ditch them, the guys cant call up Paypal to get money back. ONLY FOR EBAY PURCHASES CAN YOU FILE A DISPUTE

If the item was shipped with tracking info and delivery confirmation with signature, would that offer protection against fraud? If the buyer files a complaint, the seller can prove the item was delivered.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Would a guy really go thru all this trouble for a 100 dollar item? If you are going to pull off a scam, why not go for a much bigger payday?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

If the item was shipped with tracking info and delivery confirmation with signature, would that offer protection against fraud? If the buyer files a complaint, the seller can prove the item was delivered.

100% agree

but as i said when you ship with PM Int'l you CAN'T track it at all. so now it is his word against yours - and you have no way of defending yourself. the seller has NO WAY of proving the item was delivered if sent PM Int'l

BG - you could NOT BE MORE WRONG if you wanted to be

once again - NO tracking meaning this scammer will complain - and win

Ball - DO NOT DO IT! IN CASE YOU MISSED IT - DO NOT DO IT! IN CASE YOU MISSED IT - DO NOT DO IT!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Would a guy really go thru all this trouble for a 100 dollar item? If you are going to pull off a scam, why not go for a much bigger payday?

simple

$100 here and $100 there and a few more $100 times like this starts to add up and NOW we ARE talking about a BIIIIIIIIIIIIG payday

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

This isn't rocket science. The guy drops the money into your account first then you ship. It's not a hard one to figure out.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

This isn't rocket science. The guy drops the money into your account first then you ship. It's not a hard one to figure out.

it's a crying shame people who don't deal much with PP chime in here and give their thoughts - thoughts that are

100% DEAD WRONG

Ball - do what you want but WHEN this guy fucks you over and you have to refund all the money i said you would - just recall who told you the RIGHT thing to do

Timetopay

EOG Master

it's a crying shame people who don't deal much with PP chime in here and give their thoughts - thoughts that are

100% DEAD WRONG

Ball - do what you want but WHEN this guy fucks you over and you have to refund all the money i said you would - just recall who told you the RIGHT thing to do

its just to bad you are an annoying fuck

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

as a rule of thumb - NEVER ACCEPT PAYPAL for a craigslist item!!!

If he does not live in your area, it is a scam. People who list high value items always get contacted by these scammers. AVOID AVOID AVOID

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

100% DEAD WRONG

It's a shame you have no idea what people that chime in here know or don't know but assume we are clueless.

Ball, if you get stiffed the 100 I'll paypal you 100.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

It's a shame you have no idea what people that chime in here know or don't know but assume we are clueless.

i do more biz with PP in a month than most people do in 10 lifetimes. i know that ANYONE telling him to go ahead and do it IS CLUELESS! i can say that with 100% certainty. as many times as PP has fucked me over I KNOW how to deal with these assholes and what they will/won't do and i am 100% CERTAIN Ball will get fucked over. I will add that ANYONE who thinks otherwise IS CLUELESS! if that means you - sorry but the shoe fits

Listen to TTP. Listen to Mike Oswald. Listen to me

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE AT ALL SHOULD YOU DO THIS BALL - NONE! ANYONE WHO SAYS TO DO IT IS IGNORANT BEYOND BELIEF ON HOW PP WORKS - TRUST ME HERE! DO NOT DO IT!

BigDaddy

EOG Master

winky is spot on here and i would also avoid selling to this guy.

cincy_

EOG Veteran

wow

I can't believe someone is this naive on EOG.

I used to wonder how people could fall for these scams. Now I see it. The scammers live off of people like Enfuego.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Ball, as long as he sends you the money and it drops into your account I will PP you the 100 if something after that process goes wrong.

After receiving this assurance from me this thread should be done. Nothing more needs to be said.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

wow

I can't believe someone is this naive on EOG.

I used to wonder how people could fall for these scams. Now I see it. The scammers live off of people like Enfuego.

You tell me how if this guy drops the purchase price into his account and there's no way it can be withdrawn before the item is shipped he gets screwed.

Enlighted me with your great brilliance on how this would happen.

cincy_

EOG Veteran

Enlightening you do need.

A) read winky's post
B) go to 419eater.com to read about all the scams.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

enfuego is this insurance good for all eog posters?

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

A) read winky's post

This could happen with anyone you haven't done business with on PP.

How do people ever get involved with PP if nobody will conduct a transaction with them because they're new?

You know what though, I don't even care. Ball knows the deal.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

just spoke to Ball. the item is a camera that costs about $400

you gonna PP him the $400 if he gets stiffed AND the $100?

very nice of you to offer him $100 but when that is but a fraction of the total amount it doesn't mean JACK!

Whenever you sell an item on ebay or craigs list make sure you get a return reciept when you ship. You can ship and they say they never got the package, then they claim it on paypal and it gets frozen in your account until it gets viewed. 10 out of 10 times the paypal will side with the buyer UNLESS you have proof it was mailed!

Winky is right on this, despite the "Newlywed-esque" font. Others are simply speaking out of turn. Happens a lot here.

cincy_

EOG Veteran

A) read winky's post

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Whenever you sell an item on ebay or craigs list make sure you get a return reciept when you ship. You can ship and they say they never got the package, then they claim it on paypal and it gets frozen in your account until it gets viewed. 10 out of 10 times the paypal will side with the buyer UNLESS you have proof it was mailed!

I ship with Delivery Confirmation - same thing and in the case of PP the ONLY thing - they need to see online proof it was mailed and received - paperwork you need to fax them won't do

10 out of 10 times? Agree - and all here BUT ONE PERSON agrees - then again En Fuego has already shown us all how CLUELESS he is when it comes to dealing with PP

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I ship with Delivery Confirmation - same thing and in the case of PP the ONLY thing - they need to see online proof it was mailed and received - paperwork you need to fax them won't do

10 out of 10 times? Agree - and all here BUT ONE PERSON agrees - then again En Fuego has already shown us all how CLUELESS he is when it comes to dealing with PP

Classy post.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Enfuego is correct here.

The guy can only claim he didnt receive the item when he sends it for an Ebay payment.

If he sends it under Goods and services (non Ebay) than he has no way to ever get that money back.

Winky is talking like a clueless mom who thinks opening any email is a scam