how do you get rid of birds?

i have a growing flock of birds outside my window and i sleep during the day because of my job at the deli at night. i dont want to kill them but want them to go away. is there something i can spray or put out there which will make the leave.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: how do you get rid of birds?

Dude ....

too funny .... trust me .... this ain't like the Marlin Perkins family reunion
in this forum

Go to google and ask that question as you'll get a "better forum to deal
with that issue .."

Hell ... 1/2 the guys in here will say: "get yourself a fuckin shotgun ... some
JD and remember ... crow is pretty tasty when done right on the grill .."

i have a growing flock of birds outside my window and i sleep during the day because of my job at the deli at night. i dont want to kill them but want them to go away. is there something i can spray or put out there which will make the leave.

Well its a bug or wildlife question, here I am.
And obviously anything you need to know with March Madness. lol

A few products that you can use over the counter, but many others
that can be used by a professional or if you can purchase from a pest control company.

ROPEL......Usually at a Home Depot or hardward store.
Basically a spray bottle that has an awful tasting bitter scent that
repels cats, dogs, birds etc. I say taste because when you spray you
inevitably seem like you are tasting it. Problem is it breaks down quickly
with weather and may be good for only a week or so at best until you have to keep spraying.

FOR THE BIRDS....Caulk type product that is a gel that you apply to the
railings or area you want to repel the birds from. Obviously is to be used in an area that you will not frequent, i.e. roofs, ledges and such.

NIXOLITE.....Basically the best bet, installed by a pest control company.
Basically they are mini spikes that again are adhered to the railing or surface you want the birds to keep off of and stay away.
If you go to any building, stadium etc that has a frequent amount of birds and look up at the roof areas or overhangs you will very likely see them installed. They are usually done where it is not too visual to the naked eye.

These are a few thoughts. Not sure if you live in a house, condo or apartment. If you are in an apartment or condo you may be able to contact your association or management office to see if they can get it treated and taken care of for you.

If you are in a house, why not call your local pest control company and ask them for suggestions. Usually they will come over and give some professional advices or an estimate.

Best of luck.

:cheers

NP

Let me know if you need more info.

We can even throw some Avitrol out there which is a bird poison.
Basically you put down some feed for a few days to get them aclimated
and then mix in the avitrol and before you know it they are getting food poisoning and flying all erratic. They tell the other members of the flock to stay away cause of bad feed.

Again, I say this tongue in cheek cause its restricted use and you have to be careful where you apply it.

Not to mention the animal lovers out there, which of course I am one. 91023i2ndw;l

But you want something killed, I am your guy. 12io4j2w90

dont want them killed. no need to harm just want them to go away and stop singing.

Upside down nails on all window sills. This will not allow the birds to land and they will ultimatlely go to another location. Glue them upside down with a light adhesive. They won't touch them at all, as they get close they'll leave. If you look at local places with signs and look closely they have something like this that is in the commercial arena. Happen to be state certified in pest,lawn and termite in FLA and have dealt with these types of problems for years. When the golf course I worked at years ago, we called a commercial company and this is exactly what they did.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Simple fishing line attached along the window tape or glue will take care of it.

Cheapest and most effective. Make sure you put a couple strands in landing area pulled tight and good to go.

Upside down nails on all window sills. This will not allow the birds to land and they will ultimatlely go to another location. Glue them upside down with a light adhesive. They won't touch them at all, as they get close they'll leave. If you look at local places with signs and look closely they have something like this that is in the commercial arena. Happen to be state certified in pest,lawn and termite in FLA and have dealt with these types of problems for years. When the golf course I worked at years ago, we called a commercial company and this is exactly what they did.

Pretty much what nixolite is.

Licensed for the past 25 years. Had my own biz for the past 20 until I sold it a couple years ago. Heading down to Florida in a couple of years myself more than likely.

<TABLE id=table1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=50></TD><TD align=left>Nixalite </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pretty much what nixolite is.

Licensed for the past 25 years. Had my own biz for the past 20 until I sold it a couple years ago. Heading down to Florida in a couple of years myself more than likely.

<TABLE id=table1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width=50></TD><TD align=left>Nixalite </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah, that is what I was talking about. Haven't had to do GHP in a few years as I'm now L/O oriented and just dabble in the GHP when I'm asked to help out a friend.

I have a 5 year Non-Compete from selling my company so I am stuck here in Jersey with my license and unable to make any money doing it.

So I spend my time filling out brackets. :LMAO

GL

i hope when i get to 236 posts i can be as insightful as you. much obliged sir much obliged.