American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Nice knowing her. Next.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

She's probably third best chick in her group, part of the Brunette horde. Behind Megan and Jasmine. Her 15 seconds will end when she is not even chosen as a wild card. Pick a new horse Dobie.

Mishavonna sang pretty well but did not do enough to make a big impression after no air time. She did help her career with some exposure and did not embarrass herself unlike some of the people who are getting voted off the island this week

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Did I just spend two hours watching that? I don't know how to think of that night. Either Adam and the 11 ants, or you thought you picked a bad song, watch me.

First is my little back gal of the night Jasmine. Starting off on the rail, will be forgotten by show's end if she does not dazzle. Starts off night with terrible song choice. Does not butcher it, but does not fit her at all. She needed to standout with competitive black girl after her. Did not do that either. But sat the deaf tone for a long and miserable night.

Matt Giraud dark horse. Forgot his keyboard, his talent, his golden ticket, everything. He went from dark horse to pack mule in one performance. Keeping in theme, picked a horrible song, for him. Get soulful, take chances, how can you watch last week and not get it. Well I like that song. Good you can sing it to yourself in your own shower in your own home you are going back to.

Jeanine the old bartender. Hey I have great legs. But please don't listen to my singing. Haley Scarnato would be proud. But had meatier legs. Bartenders stand up a lot, but don't sing. Bad song choice, bad performance, even the girl judges had to comment on legs to have something nice to say. Gives Jasmine a chance to survive as she was the worst black chick.

Nick Norman Bates. Clowns it up, one of the best buffoons to ever make it this far. However he may have peaked. Was all over the place, not as funny as before. It's like, I saw the spazz act the first time, and each time it gets less funny. Would not matter if he picked the wrong song or not, you probably could not tell. Said his rehearsals went much better, or the acoustics were off. That might account for everyone stinkin it up so far.

Hi, I'm Allison, I could be a dumb blonde, and I went moronic strawberry. Vote for me. Oops, I forgot to sing. But I really can't, I'll pick a song from an idol star, they will have to like my screaming tribute version of it. Maybe not. Allison, walk up in front of the cannon.

Half way point. How is the Clipper game going, staying under. I have to piss. Was that the worst hour of my life watching tv? Has Paula relapsed? Too many happy pills for her. Glassy eyed, slurred speech, erratic behavior. Her bangs can't cover the I'm wasted look. Rambles, forgets where she is, sneezes on Simon. Maybe she did a line in her dressing room. Does not matter, her contract is up after this season. Her replacement is there, who wears less makeup each week. No tacky jewelry. Coherent. Paula, can you pee in this cup please. I get my courage up to finish what I started, no matter how painful it is.

Kris, I think that was his name, not sure don't remember seeing him before. Must have missed his microsecond of fame Idol producers alloted him. Didn't miss much, he was serviceable. But I see why they excluded him, I dozed off during his performance. What was your name again?

Megan unveils the tat of tatts. She must be friends with Carly Plant and tattoed hubby. Why would a cute mom babe like that get a tatt like that? Is that why she is a single mom? She could sing, and a decent song. Who knows, maybe the cute blonde factor will carry her on theis trainwreck of a night.

Just when I think it could not get any worse, Man's Man II is up. Welder man instead of roughneck. But we already have a working man in the top12. Don't need two. He sings the entire song monotone, one note at a time. It drags for yers. I feel my extremities going numb, lapse into a coma. Boring would be too kind. Eight bums out, 4 to go.

Drunken driver alert. Always good to have preexisting baggage to shorten your stay. Sings a bizarre song, but can sing. Has this weird drunk driver look, the kind you see before they run you over and say oops. She is memorable, but not in a good way. Did wake me up though. 9 contestants, zero talent. I see why they put Adam last. Stay tuned for someone who can sing.

Kai Mahalo adopted chaka bra. Terminal mom made nice recovery to make it to audience. Maybe he is love child from coconut farmer on Hawaiian vacation. He sings a song from the 40's 0r 50's. Guess he ruled out Clementine. He too, goes super safe takes zero chances. Should have sang the alphabet song. No one used the word current or taking risks after his performance. The epitome of wrong song choice. And I thought it could not get worse. It did with him.

Dobie's kiss of death dog bite Missagonna. Just another of the forgettable brunette horde. Not the best song choice, but not horrendous either. When they have to compliment you on your outfit, your going home. That is worse than Dobie liking you. Acts like a 50 year old lady. Stiff, unexcitied, milquetoast. No wonder she gets no pimpage, she would also put viewers to sleep. Gonna.

Adam theatrical Lambast is here at last, in the official Idol you won't forget to vote for me pimp slot. Takes on Jaggar and Stones, a bit risky. Acts like a dicklicker from opening to end, even flicking out tongue and acting like the flame is on full blast. He can sing, he can preform and boy does he have range. There is a reason Idol seperated him from just Hokey Gokey. He had talent, on a night when there was none. Finally something to cheer about. Drugs wearing off on Paula, that was not a two hour fix. She's watching the Adam Lambert concert or something. Let me go donw to the methadone clinic and get a translator.

The worst show, ever, by far. Only one person should go on to the final 12. That is why this new format is fucked up. You are going to get the second and third top vote getters moving on to top12. I can't think of who those two would even be. There were two or three in the first 12 that were way better than any of the back 11 this show. Tell you one thing, the girls are a disaster this season. My little pink and blondie is looking stronger by the show.

If that last guy does not make it to the finals, he would be a fine replacement to take over front man duties for Stryper, and he wouldn't even need to change his hair

Lambert is now the chalk over Gokey according to Pinnacle:

<TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_1><TD colSpan=3>American Idol 2009: Odds to win 2009 American Idol

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_2><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Thu 2/26</TD><TD colSpan=2>Odds to win 2009 American Idol</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:00 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">11 Danny Gokey</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">+380</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>12 The Field</TD><TD>-430</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_3><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Thu 2/26</TD><TD colSpan=2>Odds to win 2009 American Idol</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:00 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">103 Adam Lambert</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">+299</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>104 The Field</TD><TD>-339</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_4><TD colSpan=3>American Idol 2009: Who will last longer?

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_5><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Thu 2/26</TD><TD colSpan=2>Who will last longer?(same show elimination=tie)</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:00 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">101 Danny Gokey</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">+126</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>102 Adam Lambert</TD><TD>-142</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

biggamer3

EOG Master

dobes who you think is getting in tonight?

I say Adam, Allison and Megan

dialidol now 6-6 this year ( no brainer Adam gets third spot tonight)

biggamer3

EOG Master

Wow i am surprised Kris got in over Megan.

Dumb decision to leave 5 peeps with Adam for one spot, why not leave some suspense

Wow i am surprised Kris got in over Megan.

Dumb decision to leave 5 peeps with Adam for one spot, why not leave some suspense

They did the same thing last week for Danny seems like they want to end show with that weeks best singer singing out the show

OK I SEE Your post last nite

But if youclickthe link now KRIS IS NOT picked??? DON'T UNDERSTAND IT

wow I did not recheck this morning when I went to bed last night Kris had the 3rd spot. make that 5-6 maybe dialidol is more accurate one hour after show ends

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Looks like Frog is sweet on Adam Lambert

Maybe Frog is going to end his posts with this from now on :cat:

Just glad that the dopey dueling piano guy did not get in off that horrid performance.

I'm thinking he'll be back wild card week, as well as Megan, likely Jasmine as well.

Wild cards will be used to even the genders and to fill the demographic quotas.

Considering Lil Rounds will be the only African-American in the final 12 (that is if she makes it next week, logic says pimp spot diva glory note for her).

I wouldn't be suprised to see at least Ju'not or Jasmine in one of the wild card slots. We don't know if Ju'not is any good yet, but Stephen Fowler already whiffed on his chance and it seems every year (except one season in fact) there is at least one black male and at least two black females.

Allison already has the Hispanic/Asian slot (this changes by year) locked up so no need there.

We still need a crazy rocker chick (Amanda Overmyer, Gina Glocksen) preferably brunette and either an IBW or another tweentard.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Iraheta rocked. While not neccesarily crazy, she certainly is bizarre. She is dummer than Tardchuletta and me put together.

Rocker chick spot locked in.

Someone compared Iraheta to Pink earlier. When you listen to the first part of that song, it's pretty damn valid. Since I have a very unhealthy obsession with Pink, if she does one of her numbers I may go nuts.

Of course, the last half was mostly screaming so she'll have that to overcome and her Joaquin Phoenix personality. Of course they could always bring back Mormon Tardboy to interview before her to make her look Socratic.

We could also use a whorish blonde country singer a la Kelly Pickler, KKKristy, and/or Jessica Sierra.

Unless they are going to let the little trailer trash single mom Macualay Culkin looking girl fill that role this year.

Kendall Beard vs. Kristen McNamara if not.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Tatiana for wild card!

between her and Iraheta doing who knows what the show would be watchable.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

some hand humper material for Frog

going to post this too because back in his straight days, Frog used to like Blondie. Link says video no longer available, but click on "watch in high quality" lower right of the video and it plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keszZx0ICdQ

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Kendall Beard vs. Kristen McNamara

If they don't take Kendall Underwood over the other one its a problem. There is going to be a problem over here. The other one should only be referred to, in my opinion, as Country Skank or " That girl who should have been cut already".

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I'm the Hokey Gokey killer. I have talent, he has a dead wife.

I could be the best chick by far, except for Adam. He might edge me for the top spot.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

This shit is getting unwatchable quickly. Yeah I know, I am going out on a limb there. But the first year I watched was very good stuff. Was the Daughtry year. All of the final 12 brought something to the table. Was so much better than this shit. I am not even sure I will watch it anymore. Just brutal.

There was my drunken, bring absolutely nothing new to the thread rant for the night, but just surprised how much worse a show can get from year to year. Only good thing is the new judge. Like her.

Question for you AI guys and gals:

Should I hedge this or let it ride?

<table width="650"><tbody><tr><td>Wager Type:</td><td>Future/Prop</td></tr><tr><td>Wager Status:</td><td>Pending</td></tr><tr><td>Risk / To Win Amount:</td><td>$57.50 / $50.00 (USD) Accepted 2/14/2009 4:29 AM - EST</td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr><tr><td>Line:</td><td>Reality Television</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>2009 American Idol</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>Gender of the winner</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>8001 Odds to win the American Idol 2/28/2009 11:59:00 PM - (EST)</td></tr><tr><td> </td><td>Male Contestant Win -115</td></tr></tbody></table>
I know nothing about AI at all....I just grabbed this cuz I saw that MB had a male to win at -130ish at the time.

Hines, I think it's a female's year to win. Last season there were 2 male finalists, and Idol has never had back-to-back male winners. Gender has gone back and forth female-to-male every season except 3 and 4 when two females won in a row:

Season 1: Kelly Clarkson
Season 2: Ruben Studdard
Season 3: Fantasia
Season 4: Carrie Underwood
Season 5: Taylor Hicks
Season 6: Jordin Sparks
Season 7: David Cook
Season 8: some female, I'm guessing Allison

Hines, I think it's a female's year to win. Last season there were 2 male finalists, and Idol has never had back-to-back male winners. Gender has gone back and forth female-to-male every season except 3 and 4 when two females won in a row:

Season 1: Kelly Clarkson
Season 2: Ruben Studdard
Season 3: Fantasia
Season 4: Carrie Underwood
Season 5: Taylor Hicks
Season 6: Jordin Sparks
Season 7: David Cook
Season 8: some female, I'm guessing Allison

Thanks for the input sporty

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Question for you AI guys and gals:

Should I hedge this or let it ride?

<TABLE width=650><TBODY><TR><TD>Wager Type:</TD><TD>Future/Prop</TD></TR><TR><TD>Wager Status:</TD><TD>Pending</TD></TR><TR><TD>Risk / To Win Amount:</TD><TD>$57.50 / $50.00 (USD) Accepted 2/14/2009 4:29 AM - EST</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD>Line:</TD><TD>Reality Television</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2009 American Idol</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Gender of the winner</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>8001 Odds to win the American Idol 2/28/2009 11:59:00 PM - (EST)</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Male Contestant Win -115</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I know nothing about AI at all....I just grabbed this cuz I saw that MB had a male to win at -130ish at the time.

The best year for that was when males were big dogs after B2B females. You could see the females were totally outclassed, as Kate McPhee was the only contender and could not sing. She still can't. The every other year theory is not sound. Each and every season is a complete and seperate event. More importantly, a completely different talent pool. They don't just take turns. And the years the gals won, the gals had much more talent, same as the guys. Many years it was same sex final two. The chicks this year are worthless. Probably top 3 vocalists are males. Just make sure if Adam wins it all it is graded as a male win. I don't see Allison making top 5. Still have third group which has another strong male with a huge sympathy vote, a kinda blind guy. Last year males were clearly the best talent, same as this year. Right now my top three are Adam, Hokey Gokey and kinda blind guy. Pink and Blondie is my best chick, still. One more group to go.

Best Wishes...OF

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

personally, I have no idea who will win. I think its funny the books are too scared to put up lines though.

male ran up because Danny Gokey was overreacted to. Now Lambert is looking good. If you like either of them to win, keep your bet.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The only season comparable to this might be last year's, or the Ruben Clay year. Some years there is virtually no talent, the Fantasia year. I can normally get the top two or three after the final 12 are chosen. This year the males are easily the showmen. I also thought Gokey was going to fall out of the favorite slot fast. He has some more falling yet. Even a better sign, so far both groups, two males, one female. If they did not have to put a chick in there group two might have been all males. If they don't just balance out the top 12 with a bunch of wild card females, you may have an edge there as well. But look at the voting so far, males are dominating.

Odds to advance from Group 3 to Final 12 (does not include wild card advancers):

Lil Rounds -350
Scott McIntytre Even
Felicia Barton +125
Taylor Vaifanua +150
Kendall Beard +200
Von Smith +200
Alex Wagner-Trugman +250
Arianna Afsar +250
Ju'not Joyner +275
Jorge Nunez +350
Kristen McNamara +450
Nate Marshall +600

Remember when I asked if America was really ready to have a gay American Idol? I guess this will be put to the test when these pictures become common knowledge.

Thanks to our friends at Vote for the Worst:

Adam Lambert Likes to Take Pictures of Himself Making Out With Some Dude

Posted by thefunnystone on March 1st, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Tags:

While we didn't want to hurt his chances in the competition by scaring the fundie frauen away from him, Adam Lambert apparently has tons of photos of himself making out with some dude online that were posted on our message board. So for the idiots who somehow think this guy is not gay, Adam Lambert is gay. Total future VFTW pick because he's going to completely scare off the tween girl and bored housewife vote eventually (which really is a smart career move when you see how they ruin careers like Clay Aiken's).

Adam is an attention whore, and we love it! He's probably lurking here right now. We like his style. Click read more for more pictures.

<!--
-->

biggamer3

EOG Master

Adam now will have zero shot of winning as all the anti-gays will not vote for him anymore, like what happened to David Hernandez last year after some gay pics came out<!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_10013764-->

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

This thread is awfully....... gay

I know Doberman and Frog like to look at pictures of the mens kissing, but for those of us who like an alternate lifestyle from that, here is a couple pics of Blondie on the beach

Was hoping you meant Kendall Beard by Blondie. Underwood, not too shabby.:thumbsup