American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated
Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion

Tatianna is a shoe in. She is ratings. That trumps everything.

I barfed when the almost blind kid got top 12 last night ...

Seen a few rumors today that there will be more than 12 finalists, that is may even be 13. I cannot find any evidence to back that up, however, so I will take it with a grain of salt.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

it seems everyone liked Felicia Barton, except the judgetards

Felicia must have been a threat to someone they preferred. Only thing I can think of there.

On the plus side: My friend lives in Virginia Beach though, so we'll probably go out and see her next time she performs.

themadman

EOG Senior Member

Felicia must have been a threat to someone they preferred. Only thing I can think of there.

On the plus side: My friend lives in Virginia Beach though, so we'll probably go out and see her next time she performs.

DOES NOT MAKE any sense --They bring her BACK -she sings quite well ,Then not even given a wildcard Chance???
I think more thana few got left off the Wildcard show....hmmm....

themadman

EOG Senior Member

Felicia Barton, Anne -marie Boskovich ,Kendall Beard deserve another Shot!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Two words describe tonight's show.

She's BAAAAACK!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Wild Card odds- Contestant will be chosen as one of three wild cards to advance to the final 12 of American Idol Season 8.

Megan Corkrey -150
Ricky Braddy +125
Jasmine Murray +125
Matt Giraud +175
Jesse Langseth +225
Von Smith +400
Tatiana Del Toro +400
Anoop Desai +500

Male/Female Makeup of 3 Wild Card picks:

2 female, 1 male: -400
3 female, 0 males: +225
1 female, 2 males: +350
0 females, 3 males +1500

I love me some Tatiana at Plus 400 and a saver bet on Von Smith at 400

tatiana has no chance of getting through.

The top 3 wildcards will be:
Megan
Anoop
Matt Giraud

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

IDENTITY, Tatiana is in. Guaranteed. Unless AI stopped caring about entertainment and ratings.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

tatiana has no chance of getting through.

The top 3 wildcards will be:
Megan
Anoop
Matt Giraud

Anoop there she is!

Tatiana can sing circles around Anoop.....they are two different classes of singers. Just remember that Tatiana kind of blew up because the judges didnt like her song choice....she sang well. If she can pick the right song, she wins easy.

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

Id love to bet on American Idol tonite wildcard...Can anyone tell me what books have current odds up....Thanks for any quick replies

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2000876 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 03-05-09, 04:11 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #648 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>K-ONE<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2000876", true); </SCRIPT>
FREE THE OSU 23

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2000876 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Bathroom girl should be on the damn
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LOL, K-1 is God for that statement.

Bathroomgirl is English, thus ineligible. She's also not a complete retard either so she'd never last. Currently she is helping Burmese refugees on the Thailand border. She's way bigger than this show will ever be.

prymetyme,
Very doubtful anyone would put odds up on this, since it is up to the judges (producers) discretion totally. Inside info would bury them. Would be nice to see a $50 limit up somewhere though for kicks like Wrestlemania.

My odds were for entertainment purposes only.:smoking2:

Here's my quick preview for tonight, going to give a brief why they should/should not advance for each contestant. No Dobereview of the show tonight, but may give some in-game chat in here.

Megan Corkrey-should go: has a unique sound and fills a demographic need, camera-friendly as well and seems to be a judge's favorite, should not go: annoying dancing, unfriendly musical style to the voters, single mom and tattoos may turn off middle America.

Ricky Braddy- should go: vocally one of the better contestants, has solid internet fan base, clean cut and likeable, should not go: has been absolutely buried with airtime, too similar to finalist Kris, does not stand out enough.

Matt Giraud- should go: judges have been raving and drooling over him, earned a standing O in Hollywood with a song, appeals to female voters, should not go: gave a hideously bad performance in week 1, limited vocally without piano, another run of the mill contestant who doesn't stand out.

Jasmine Murray- should go: most commercial and camera-friendly female, need for diversity and fills demographic, pleasant personality, should not go: was less than average vocally, too young, competition for chosen female Lil.

Jesse Langseth- should go: vocal uniqueness, strong family singing genes, different look, should not go: annoying rude personality, DUI skeletons in closet, no fan base

Von Smith- should go: gave subdued performance in week 3, has lots of experience performing, powerful voice, should not go: forgettable, cluttered demographic, will get lost behind Adam and Danny.

Anoop Desai- should go: solid internet fan base, very likeable and polite contestant, pleasing voice to ear, diverstiy,should not go: really rather boring and not the next Sanjaya, really rather forgettable when he sings

Tatiana Del Toro- should go: voice better than expected, drama=ratings, should not go: already two Hispanics in finals, apparently completely psycho, others more deserving, despised by voters and can't win.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2001556 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 03-05-09, 08:39 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #660 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Flamingo kid<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2001556", true); </SCRIPT>
Getcha Popcorn ready!

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2001556 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: American Idol 2009- Season 8 Thread and Discussion
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Jesse has a DUI?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Mug shot:

I'm a few minutes behind here, live in-game. I'll catch up after a few commercials.

DUIdol Jesse up first. Nothing like a mildly unattractive girl trying to slut it up.
Too bluesy and not pop enough. Not that it matters since this is dictatorship Idol instead of democracy Idol tonight. Bleh. Hit the bricks.

Dueling piano guy gets all bluesy on us. Doesn't deserve to be here though. They are going to love it and say he's back to his element or some shit like that. Ricky Braddy in trouble now on communist Idol.

Megan doing the Duffy/Amy Winehouse thing on K.T. Tunstall. Very monotone song. I fucking hate K.T. Tunstall, everything about her. She's got the unique quality, would be very surprised if she isn't one of the 3 wild cards.

Queen Von sounding downright creepy with the falsetto. Now the glass-shattering scream. Some other contestant should be pissed that he stole a wild card spot. What language or dialect was that in? Bye-bye Queen Von.:hangt

Jasmine literally singing for her survival. Aguilera, eek, that's a big one to take on. Miles better than first performance by her. She still has some vocal weaknesses but she's needed in the top 12. Looks like we got our two girls with her and Megan. Tatiana can go home now.

Ricky is probably the best singer of this bunch vocally. Not too sharp pulling out the David Cook-Yogi Bear ensemble to wear though. He's been buried all season and Randy is going to kill him for singing Stevie. Wait for it. Bye-bye, Braddy Bunch.

Bipolar Tatiana breaking cardinal Idol rule #22876, "never sing Whitney". This girl is nucking futs, ain't she? I think I don't like her because she has bigger arms and thighs than me. (and I ain't no small fry). They'll keep her if they want the psychoness, if not adios to the bad actress.

biggamer3

EOG Master

I think Megan is a lock to advance, especially after the judges said they NEED a different style singer like her

Still pissed they brought Tatiana back so Simon could bury her instead of giving Felicia a shot.

I don't get the Anoop-dogg thing. Now he's going the Sanjaya-route. Come on dude, Bobby Brown? He just absolutely bores me to tears and wasn't nearly as good as others singing it. Still unsure whether they will put him through for whatever reasons, but Matt Giraud would be pretty happy right now if I were judging.

Judgement coming up from the Idol dictators, based on their reactions it's:

Megan, Jasmine, and ???

Probably Anoop, possibly Matt. Doesn't matter neither of them are worth a shit singing-wise.

biggamer3

EOG Master

AHAHAHHAHA

Anoop thought Randy called him Anoop Browndog as a racist insult

biggamer3

EOG Master

Doberman, was there any place to bet Megan? I knew she was a lock to go in

biggamer3

EOG Master

Please let Anoop get in over Matt, there is something to Matt that when i see him i want to knock a couple of his teeth out, dont know why though