Celtics at Bulls

dddowntown

EOG Addicted
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 summary="" border=0><TBODY><TR class=game_team><TD class="first nowrap">555 boston celtics</TD><TD>-2 </TD><TD>http://www.scoresandodds.com/linemovement_NBA-20090317-556.html </TD><TD>-2 </TD><TD> </TD><TD class="left last "> </TD><TD class=notescol> </TD></TR><TR class=game_team><TD class="first nowrap">556 chicago bulls</TD><TD>195.5 </TD><TD>http://www.scoresandodds.com/linemovement_NBA-20090317-556.html </TD><TD>195.5 </TD><TD> </TD><TD class="left last "> </TD><TD class=notescol> </TD></TR><TR class=game_team><TD class="last left" colSpan=7>BOS-G-House-Probable, F-Davis-OUTCHI-F-Deng-OUT </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Okay here we are all thinking ... How the hell are the celtics only favored by 2 points against the below 500 chicago bulls??? Well here is some food for thought before we all go slamming the celtics as the lock of the day and our p.o.d.

Lets take a look at the last 2 months of how each team has faired at home and away and how they stack up ATS.

1. Celtics record is 23-11 away
Celtics total record is 50-17
Celtics home record is 27-6

Since the beginning of Feb 1st the celitcs have won 11 of 19 SU.
Since the beginning of Feb 1st the celtics have won 6 of 19 ATS.
In their last 10 games they only won 4 of 10 and covered only 1 of 10 ATS.

2. Bulls record is 10-26 away
Bulls total record is 30-37
Bulls home record is 20-11

Since the beginning of Feb 1st the bulls have won 9 of 19 SU.
Since the beginning of Feb 1st the bulls have won 11 of 19 ATS and 2 Pushes.
The last time the bulls lost at home was back on January 23rd against Toronto. Since then they have taken down some monsters at the United Center.. in Decending order.
1. New Orleans
2. Houston
3. Denver
4. Detroit

Now im not saying slam the Bulls by any means ... but i would be very very weary of taking those Celtics any time close to tip off as it is at only -2 now if vegas loves you for loving it then they will leave it at that, however even if that line moves up to say like 4 or 5 in the next 18 hours... I would stay away from it as I could.... Good luck to anyone who is contemplating this bet but im going to watch this one from far away from any of my money.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Celtics at Bulls

Good stuff downtown...this line does smell very bad. Rondo being out some of those games hurt quite a bit. Even though they have struggled recently ats I don't see why they put the line at -2 when the same people would slam it at -5 or -6. Only reason I can see is preventing some big players from slamming the Bulls.

dddowntown

EOG Addicted

Diogee, sounds like your saying a celtics bettor will bet them even at 2 or at 5, because the public loves the favorite and loves the better team. Yes the celtics are a better team, but are they better today than the bulls??? Just like the San Antonio loss yesterday to the Thunder; which makes complete sense and why the line is not at 5 because it would seem more advantageous to take the bulls if you are the type of bettor who is looking statistically at this type of game and the current trends. Personally I can never really know what to expect from these bulls, but what i can expect is that a -2 line ....feels all to similar to the -5 spurs who had 90% of the public loving them and vegas saying---->:+textinb3
Its a dirty league any way you look at it.... inside and out it still always stinks, its finding the right smell at the right time that you can take it.

diogee

Yeah of course...public loves the Celts. Looks to me like the books didn't want exposed to the large amounts of sharp money that Chi +5 would have drawn in. I had the Thunder +5 last night but don't think I can play the Bulls +2...+5 would have been a totally different story. Looks like a good one to sit out imo...Celts won't remain in a slump forever.

diogee

Looks like sharp money hit the Bulls early this morning.

finite

EOG Enthusiast

You are not looking at the position. Miami at the door at home the next day and Spurs revenge game 2 days after that. Celtics have limited energy and the other demands are too great. Chicago has been a home dog of 2 or less 5 times this year and won 4 of them. They and the Kings are both strong plays today.

diogee

Yeah that is true...position isn't a huge part of my capping though. Of course long road trips, b2b, tail end of road trip, h&a are natural things...just don't look at what they have coming up. Always nice to have additional angles but I already spend enough time looking though stuff and place a lot of wagers everyday as it is. I agree on the Kings tonight as well. Good luck finite.

dddowntown

EOG Addicted

<TABLE class=table_title style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#b3954d border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#ebd49e><TD width=28>ROT</TD><TD width=49>Team</TD><TD width=42>Sprd</TD><TD width=41>O/U</TD><TD width=42>Sprd</TD><TD width=41>O/U</TD><TD width=42>Sprd</TD><TD width=41>O/U</TD><TD width=42>Sprd</TD><TD width=41>O/U</TD><TD width=32>ML</TD><TD width=32>Sprd</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" width=51> O/U</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE class=module_text style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=29>555</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=49>BOS</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=42>-</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=41></TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=42>-</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=41></TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=42>-2.0</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=41>195.5</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=42>-1.5</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=41>195.5</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=32>59%</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=32>79%</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd width=34>65%</TD></TR><TR><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>556</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>CHI</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>-</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd></TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>-</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd></TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>+2.0</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd></TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>+1.5</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd></TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>41%</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>21%</TD><TD class=scoresRowsOdd>35%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
79% on Boston and 59% on money line, trying to move all of the public on boston by lowering the bulls gettig points at home. Such a typical line movement when the "experts" belive the other way.... Sometimes they are wrong, but its these type of games that are not worth the betting cause you know there is so much crap behind these games that is beyond our realm.

dddowntown

EOG Addicted

Bulls get it done againand take down another giant at home and vegas is laughing once again at all 74% of the bettors.... Glad i stayed away, but should have bet my own write up2348ji23e2348ji23e..... Took San Antonio didnt realize duncan was out... O well back to capping on Wednesday.