Sportsgirl's American Idol column

Re: Sportsgirl's American Idol column

Good read SG. Interesting show tonight as the pimped contestants stunk it up and the also-rans rose up. Agree with your bottom three there.

Only bone to pick is that the blind guy is a very mediocre singer. Close the eyes and listen. He simply doesn't belong on this level.

PO69

EOG Master

How on EARTH could you not like Adam tonight?? My wife actually wants to pay and download that song and she have never downloaded ANY song from ITUNES in her life

Adam was not to bad considering this is not his type of music

Nice job
SG:cheers

How on EARTH could you not like Adam tonight?? My wife actually wants to pay and download that song and she have never downloaded ANY song from ITUNES in her life
I could not like him because music is based on opinion and obviously your wife and I differ greatly. I agreed with Simon, I found his performance very indulgent with no respect for the genre of the evening. His performance was terrible and if it came on the radio, I'd have changed the station after the first five notes. However, I hope your wife enjoys her first itunes download. 12io4j2w90

Good read SG. Interesting show tonight as the pimped contestants stunk it up and the also-rans rose up. Agree with your bottom three there.

Only bone to pick is that the blind guy is a very mediocre singer. Close the eyes and listen. He simply doesn't belong on this level.

Thanks, GD, and you are right, Scott isn't the best vocalist, but I still enjoy hearing him sing. :)

dialidol.com has 3 girls in the bottom three: Megan, Alexis and Allison. These results are surprising to me, both based on performances and the fact that there were only 5 girls out of the 13 to start with.

sg - very surprising to read you think adam should go. adam is a superstar. he is too good for the show.

I thought he was terrible last night, although I have liked him in previous performances. I don't think he is the right type of performer to win this show. Much as Taylor Hicks was a great showman, neither will translate well to the radio. Hicks should be in Vegas performing and Adam should stick with Broadway. jmo.

WVU

EOG Master

I enjoyed Adam's rendition, but I do not think he has staying power. No way in hell is he voted off yet, though. You can get +2500 that he is voted off this week at matchbook.

Nah, no chance he's gone this week, but I had to put him in the bottom three for his performance this week as he was one of the three worst. I'm surprised with dialidol.com's predictions ...

WVU

EOG Master

Nah, no chance he's gone this week, but I had to put him in the bottom three for his performance this week as he was one of the three worst. I'm surprised with dialidol.com's predictions ...

The books are not taking stock in dial idol predictions. I have no clue why the total vote counts and total idol scores are so different. I know they base it on busy signals, but at some point when the total votes get so high they have to take less account on the affect of busy signals. Basically their formula needs tweeked.

yeah, I think they are close but not exact. Also, their totals don't take into accout text and computer votes.

WVU

EOG Master

yeah, I think they are close but not exact. Also, their totals don't take into accout text and computer votes.

and they also do not take into account the genre that uses the dialidol software.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Sportsgirl, you could, and should, take over from Paula as the "nice" judge next year.

disclaimer- I am not comparing you to Paula, I have no reason to insult you. Just that you tend to like most of the performances.

I think though, if you listen to Jesus Take the Wheel about 20 times by Carrie and then 20 by Danny, you should be able to tell which of the two is talented and which one, in the words of the immortal Kelly Pickler, " butchered it".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4rfA_tebY