Marquette

kid44

EOG Dedicated
Love them today. I have some inside stuff and this team is focused. The seniors will not lose this game. Look for an up and down style in a game that should be very entertaining.

Mu -4.5

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated
Re: Marquette

Love them today. I have some inside stuff and this team is focused. The seniors will not lose this game. Look for an up and down style in a game that should be very entertaining.

Mu -4.5

Kid, what's your inside stuff?

I loved them about a month ago until they lost D. James. I do think they roll U. State.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Acker has accepted his new role. Remember since James went out MU was beating every big east team in the second half at some point. Scores do not show that. Look at the schedule they had left when James went down. Brutal.

Buzz is an outstanding coach and they are a very confident bunch. I actually did not like James other than his defensive skills.

There are some things I cannot say but they will give Utah St. all they can handle.

Everyone shaved their head for the tourney. Even Buzz. Will be fun to watch. Plus the line opened 7 and now 4.5.

Public reading too much into losing James.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Acker has accepted his new role. Remember since James went out MU was beating every big east team in the second half at some point. Scores do not show that. Look at the schedule they had left when James went down. Brutal.

Buzz is an outstanding coach and they are a very confident bunch. I actually did not like James other than his defensive skills.

There are some things I cannot say but they will give Utah St. all they can handle.

Everyone shaved their head for the tourney. Even Buzz. Will be fun to watch. Plus the line opened 7 and now 4.5.

Public reading too much into losing James.

:LMAO Assuming that was a joke right since Buzz already has a shaved head.

I love Marquette today to. Good luck to us.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Buzz is a phenominal coach. He does his homework. I was at the Big East tournament in person last week. When Marquette played St Johns he had all of the Jhnnies inbounds plays. I was cracking up. Every single inbounds by St Johns by the basket, Buzz just stared at St Johns coach as he called a play. As soon as he did, Buzz called in a defense which shut the play down. It was downright embarrassing. The Johnnies coach got soo pissed he eventually stopped calling plays. Lots of us were laughing.

Buzz is alright in my book.:thumbsup

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Buzz did have SOME hair, as in his nickname. But he will be bald like the rest for today's game.

Its actually funny seeing the boys without hair or facial hair. These kids have a mission and will not be denied. If they do not come out on top today I will be VERY surprised.

Never have been around a more confident, determined bunch of kids. I have been somewhat associated with the program since Wade was a youngster.

Buzz, at this time, is equal to Crean in many respects. These kids love him. Only thing left is his recruiting prowess. I have never seen anyone work as hard as Buzz, ever.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Buzz is a phenominal coach. He does his homework. I was at the Big East tournament in person last week. When Marquette played St Johns he had all of the Jhnnies inbounds plays. I was cracking up. Every single inbounds by St Johns by the basket, Buzz just stared at St Johns coach as he called a play. As soon as he did, Buzz called in a defense which shut the play down. It was downright embarrassing. The Johnnies coach got soo pissed he eventually stopped calling plays. Lots of us were laughing.

Buzz is alright in my book.:thumbsup

Thats funny. He prepares like no one I have ever seen. That Johnnies game was somewhat embarrassing. Utah St. has played no one in MU's category.
Tired of hearing James this and James that. Kid has no shot and even tried to come out last year. You will not hear much about him in 2 years. McNeil on the other hand has had a better career than Wade. Maybe just not as explosive. He will be playing at the next level.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Just associated with the program. Nothing more nothing less.

I am only stating things I know in their prep for this game. Just know they WILL be focused.

Enough said.

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

A 30-4 team shooting 49.8%, only 300 miles from home in Boise Idaho,where they play once a year in the WAC,getting 5 points?
Sure why not...

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Why is this guy putting out my plays? LOL

Dave M@linsky
GAME: Utah State @ Marquette Mar 20, 2009 12:30PM
SPORT: College Basketball Picks
PICK: Marquette
Offered at: -4.5
REASON FOR PICK: 4* #850 MARQUETTE over UTAH STATE
12:30 Eastern

No, Marquette is not the same team without Dominic James. But now that there has been a full week of practice time to make some adjustments the Golden Eagles are still far better than this opponent, and bring some major matchup advantages that they can exploit, along with a sincere sense of purpose ? you will see shaved heads when they take the court today, a sign that seniors Jerel McNeal, Wesley Matthews and the supporting cast have not given up on their mission.

While Marquette was indeed 1-5 after losing James, when you take a closer look it is difficult to find any fault at all. Three of the defeats came against tourney #1 seeds Louisville (62-58 in a hard-fought game on the road), Pittsburgh (where they led by nine on the road in the second half), and Connecticut (the actual game in which James was injured); while the other two were vs. #3 seeds Syracuse (in overtime) and Villanova (76-75 at the buzzer in Madison Square Garden). The only time they stepped down in class at all in that span was a 74-45 blowout of St. John?s in the Big East tourney opener. And the reality is that they are stepping way down in clss again.

With James this was a Final Four contender, but without him the Sweet 16 may still be within reach, and this particular opponent was an excellent draw. The athleticism of McNeal and Matthews will be too much for a slow Aggie defense, which means penetration to the basket to set up easy scoring opportunities, and likely foul trouble as well for a team unaccustomed to this level of athleticism. The Utah State schedule rated only #179 this season, without a single road game against an NCAA tourney team, and yet there were signs of wear down the stretch anyway ? late-season road losses by 10 at Boise State, 13 at Nevada and 11 at a Saint Mary?s team without Patty Mills, and in the W.A.C. tourney the Aggies trailed New Mexico State by 13 in the second half of the semi-finals before gutting out a one-point win.

Stew Morrill is one of the best tactical coaches around, but you do not attract great athletes to Logan, Utah. As such he has only gone 1-6 in the Big Dance with this program, and the resume does not bring nearly enough to be in this short of a price range against this class of opponent.

BTW I hate touts.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I'm going against the shaved heads here. My team does not need gimmicks. Line climbing back up, I'll take the dog to keep it close without inside information.

Best Wishes...OF

GReg Anthony, who's opinion i do respect alot, just called the Utah St Upset today on Sportscenter...

he likes OK St too ans Wisk....He is on all my sides today, nice

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Good luck everyone. My biggest of the year. I can bend but will not break.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Thats funny. He prepares like no one I have ever seen. That Johnnies game was somewhat embarrassing. Utah St. has played no one in MU's category.
Tired of hearing James this and James that. Kid has no shot and even tried to come out last year. You will not hear much about him in 2 years. McNeil on the other hand has had a better career than Wade. Maybe just not as explosive. He will be playing at the next level.

Wade didn't stay in college for as long as McNeal and Wade took Marquette to a Final Four. Wade had the one of the only Triple Doubles in NCAA Tournament history over what was called "The best team in 10 years of CBB" and he beat them by himself.

I'm a Marquette fan, and to say McNeal has been better is silly. He's been there longer, and done it for longer, but Wade put that program on the map again.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

I do not disagree with your points as I know what you are stating. McNeil does have a better shot than Wade at this point of their careers. Wade is and was more explosive.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

i like UTah St, if you have not seen this team play they matchup well with Marq.

No one in the country matches up WELL with Marquette. That's why even with out James they were leading in nearly every one of their final games in the second half against top 5 competition. They have two explosive guards and a SF that is nearly unplayable because of his versatility. The only way you can match up "OK" with them is if you have a dominant inside game to counter Marquette's dominance on the perimeter. Let's just say that Wesley and Wilkinson should struggle to get their own today against Butler and Mathews. They don't match up well at all with Marquette. You need SIZE to beat Marquette, and that's something Utah State doesn't have. 6'7 and 6'9 won't cut it. Butler and Mathews can guard that.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Hayword needs a good game today. Burke will just be Burke, D and boards and maybe a few put backs. Dribble penetration will be hard for Ust to handle IMO.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

TH,

SO you say Marquette wins going away?

They win by DD. Utah State can not run with Marquette for an entire game, and Butler has greatly improved. W/o Butler's improvement I'm a little more nervous but his rebounding and defense have been superb. He's been that versatile guy in the post they needed.

I agree that Hayward is very important in this game, but if Marquette limit's their turnovers and pressures the ball they should dominate.

No one in the country matches up WELL with Marquette. That's why even with out James they were leading in nearly every one of their final games in the second half against top 5 competition. They have two explosive guards and a SF that is nearly unplayable because of his versatility. The only way you can match up "OK" with them is if you have a dominant inside game to counter Marquette's dominance on the perimeter. Let's just say that Wesley and Wilkinson should struggle to get their own today against Butler and Mathews. They don't match up well at all with Marquette. You need SIZE to beat Marquette, and that's something Utah State doesn't have. 6'7 and 6'9 won't cut it. Butler and Mathews can guard that.

With all due respect, I still think your wrong...Utah St. will have no problem scoring the rock today, Marq is/has been suspect defensively and playing in Utah St. backyard won't help this...Wilkinson is crafty on the inside, and there are alot of ways to counter size, ever hear of a pump fake or an up and under... Utah St. is disciplined, they play as a unit and will be effective offensively today...Not sure how they will fair defensively, probly not great because of Marq quickness, but i think they have enough to keep thing close and even win...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

With all due respect, I still think your wrong...Utah St. will have no problem scoring the rock today, Marq is/has been suspect defensively and playing in Utah St. backyard won't help this...Wilkinson is crafty on the inside, and there are alot of ways to counter size, ever hear of a pump fake or an up and under... Utah St. is disciplined, they play as a unit and will be effective offensively today...Not sure how they will fair defensively, probly not great because of Marq quickness, but i think they have enough to keep thing close and even win...

Similar opinions, this squad is very tough, and will show bald headed Marquette a methodical, discliplined offense. They score, and at a very high% Huge value in Boise, bus ride and I doubt many Marquette fans in attendence in not so sunny Boise. Tough travel from East to West early game. Nailbiter.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

So far Marq has played a pretty solid game, great D, and they are scoring...but only up 8 ....Me cant help but think Utah St will find thier groove in the 2nd and make this a very good game...

CONGRATS Frog and the rest of the sharp Utah St. Backers...

LIke i said TM, tough matchup for MArquette

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I'm going against the shaved heads here. My team does not need gimmicks. Line climbing back up, I'll take the dog to keep it close without inside information.

Best Wishes...OF

Frog i think u stole the "go against the shaved heads" system from me. I used it in the Eagles/Zona game when the Eagles shaved their heads. Or was it the growing of the beards system:+clueless

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Wow. MU d came to play but McNeil and Mathews did not. McNeil since the James injury tries to do to much. Turnovers and shooting atrocious. Still happy with the win on the ML but thought they would play better.

Nice job OF and Van on the cover. Good call.