GB@N's NIT/CIT/CBI Tourneys Thread

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran
March 17

To win 1 unit:

Rhode Island/Niagara 2H u79.5

1H: 62 Field Goal attempts, 10 Free Throw attempts (16 O-Boards; 5 for Rhode Island, 11 for Niagara)

Best of luck tonight, everyone! :cheers

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran
Re: GB@N's NIT/CIT/CBI Tourneys Thread

To win 1 unit:

Weber State/San Diego State u69

54 Field Goal attempts, 5 Free Throw attempts (9 O-Boards; 3 for Weber State, 6 for San Diego State)

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Thanks Dio.

Tuesday Recap:

2H Totals: 2-0, +2 units
Overall: 2-0, +2 units

Overall: (through Tuesday March 17)

2H Totals: 2-0, +2 units
Overall: 2-0, +2 units

Nice start to the postseason tourneys. Hope this continues tomorrow. I think I see a couple of ATS spreads tomorrow that I might actually play. I just wasn't loving anything today, and there is no reason to force plays. Hopefully I will see some nice 2H total plays tomorrow as well.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Wednesday March 18:

To win 2 units:

Duquesne/Virginia Tech 2H u78.5 (Bookmaker is having frames trouble, at least for me... and I missed out on 79 when I went to sign in to one of my other books... so I'm not thrilled)

1H: 50 Field Goal attempts, 12 Free Throw attempts (8 O-Boards; 3 for Duquesne, 5 for Virginia Tech)

I know both of these teams are capable of and may even prefer to play a pace that produces more shots... but right now these teams are not producing shots. Low shot totals mean low point totals. Considered making this my first 3 unit play under this system, but I decided not to, especially once I lost the 1/2 point switching books (I should always have multiple books already open).

Best of luck tonight, everyone :cheers

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Pace isn't terrible on the above game for the 2H, but both teams are shooting very well for the half. Not going to win them all.

To win 2 units:
Jacksonville/Florida u81

1H: 56 Field Goal attempts, 13 Free Throw attempts (7 O-Boards; 3 for Jacksonville, 4 for Florida)

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Thanks Natty.

To win 1 unit:

Austin Peay/Bradley 2H u74.5 (-115)

1H: 49 Field Goal attempts, 18 Free Throw attempts (6 O-Boards; 2 for Austin Peay, 4 for Bradley)

Notes: Don't love betting an Austin Peay total this low for an under, but the numbers make it feel right. Both teams shot absurdly well in the 1H, and I think they should come back to earth somewhat in the 2H. AP shot 60.9% from the field and 4-8 of from behind the arc. Bradley shot 53.8% from the field 7-12 from behind the arc.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Feeling less confident in the the unders in these tourneys as it seems the defense may be a little lax (this is from looking at the numbers more than from watching the games). I may slow down with these tourneys if I struggle compared to my success betting the conferenc tourneys.

Add:

To win 2 units:
Georgetown/Baylor 2H u75

1H: 43 Field Goal attempts, 16 Free Throw attempts (5 O-Boards; 2 for Georgetown, 3 for Baylor)

Notes: Georgetown shot 16-21 from the field; Baylor shot 12-22 from the field. The teams combined to shoot 10-19 from behind the arc. I think these percentages come down a bit in the 2H. Hopefully the attempts pace stays the same.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

To win 1 unit:

Houston/Oregon State 2H u66.5

1H: 46 Field Goal attempts, 11 Free Throw attempts (I haven't looked at a box score with O-Boards for this game)

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Wednesday recap:

2H Totals: 3-2, +1.65 units
Overall: 3-2, +1.65 units

Overall: (through Wednesday March 18)

2H Totals: 5-2, +3.65 units
Overall: 5-2, +3.65 units

I feel less confident with these games, but so far, things are going pretty well. I'm not afraid to pull the plug with these tourneys though, if things go south.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Saturday March 21

To win 2 units:

Baylor/Virginia Tech 2H u78

1H: 53 Field Goal attempts, 16 Free Throw attempts (10 O-Boards; 2 Baylor, 8 for Virginia Tech)

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

29 points in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half... Baylor up 23 points with 10 minutes left so didn't look like there would be any reason for fouling (and VT never did get this one back into single digits).

Really thought I had this one won at that point... :blink:

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Saturday recap:

2H Totals: 0-1, -2.2 units
Overall: 0-1, -2.2 units

Overall: (through Saturday March 21)

2H Totals: 5-3, +1.45 units
Overall: 5-3, +1.45 units

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Monday March 23

To win 0.5 unit:

CoC/Richmond 2H u76.5

1H: 58 Field Goal attempts, 4 Free Throw attempts (7 O-Boards; 3 for CoC, 4 for Richmond).

Note: Delayed in making my decision and lost a 1/2. Might've taken for 0.75 unit or 1 unit at 77.

Best of luck today, everyone! :cheers

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

To win 2 units:

JMU/Liberty 2H o76

1H: 66 Field Goal attempts, 12 Free Throw attempts (6 O-Boards; 4 for JMU, 2 for Liberty)

To win 1 unit:

Belmont/ODU 2H o73 (-115)

1H: 68 Field Goal attempts, 14 Free Throw attempts (12 O-Boards; 3 for Belmont, 9 for ODU)

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

To win 1 unit:

Oakland/Bradley 2H u75.5

1H: 53 Field Goal attempts, 11 Free Throw attempts (7 O-Boards; 5 for Oakland, 2 for Bradley)

Notes: Oakland shot over 48% from the field. Bradley shot over 58% from the field. Teams shot a combined 5-16 from behind the arc.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Thanks Mic. They kept it close in the 1H. Hopefully they pull out the SU win in the 2H.

To win 2.5 units:

Vermont/Oregon State u71

1H: 48 Field Goal attempts, 6 Free Throw attempts (I don't have O-Board Stats)

To win 1.5 units:

Northeastern/UTEP u70

1H: varying stats

I placed this bet based on: 48 Field Goal attempts, 8 Free Throw attempts (I don't have O-Board stats). But looking at another site, I've seen as many as 56 Field Goal attempts. So I'm as confident in this one now. Borderline play at 56 Field Goal attempts for 0.5 units, but no way I'd play it for 1.5 units if those numbers are right.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Tuesday March 24

To win 2 units:

Penn State +11

ML (0.75 unit to win 4.5 units):

Penn State +600

This is a solid Penn State team that has been playing pretty well in this tourney. Florida came out strong against Miami, but I really haven't been sold on the Gators at all this year. Haven't checked lately, but as of this afternoon, I had seen Battle and Conley both listed as probable. +11 and ML +600 just seemed like too much value for me to pass on here.

Best of luck tonight, everyone! :cheers

TheBigRagu

EOG Veteran

Nice hit with Penn St, i was on the otherside unfortunately 2938u4ji23 Florida really sucks..

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Wednesday March 25

Playing this one pretty large (by my standards)...

To win 2.5 units:

Pacific/Bradley 2H u69

1H: 49 Field Goal attempts, 7 Free Throw attempts (10 O-Boards; 6 for Pacific, 4 for Bradley)

Good luck tonight, everyone! :cheers

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Thanks, Ragu. Glad we cashed :cheers

Numbers have me thinking I should play St. Mary's/SD State 2H o70, but I'm not feeling it.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

ESPN doesn't have a boxscore for the Stanford/Oregon State game, so I hope these numbers are correct.

To win 1 unit:

Stanford/Oregon State 2H u68

1H: 48 Field Goal attempts, 2 Free Throw attempts (I don't have O-Board stats)

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Bah... Stanford/Oregon State 2H goes under by 14 in regulation and then goes over at the end of OT. Whatever... going to lose one like this, and I'd rather be looking at games correctly and lose one like this everyone once in a while then be looking at them wrong. Honestly, I feel better about losing a game like this then winning an over because of overtime. Still a + night anyways.

Want to total the past couple days up tomorrow, but I'm going to bed tonight. Let's get'em tomorrow guys! :cheers

Looking pretty good from my side of the street Goon. Told ya youd get it going. 91023i2ndw;l

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Haven't recapped yet this week...

Monday:
ATS Game: 0-1, -1.1 units
Totals 2H: 3-3, +1.1 units
ML: 0-1, -0.5 unit
Overall: 3-5, -0.5 unit

Tuesday:
ATS Game: 1-0, +2 units
ML Game: 1-0, +4.5 units
Overall: 2-0, +6.5 units

Wednesday:
Totals 2H: 1-1, +1.4 units
Overall: 1-1, +1.4 units

NIT/CIT/CBI Tournaments (through Wednesday March 25)
ATS Game: 1-1, +0.9 unit
2H Totals: 9-7, +3.95 units
ML Game: 1-1, +4 units
Overall: 11-9, +8.85 units

So far, I'm winning my bigger totals plays. The only play I regret making so far was the Northeastern/UTEP under when I saw different statistics (one set I'd play with and one set I probably would sit out). Looking for action, I decided to use the stats that said play it. And to top it off, I played it at 1.5 units to boot. Almost bought some of it back, but then I didn't because I'm stubborn.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

To win 2 units:

UTEP -1

I don't think I've played against Oregon State ATS all season. Made some money playing them ATS. Made some money playing them on the ML as dogs. But this UTEP seems to be playing well right now. They've beaten Nevada and Richmond on the road in this tourney. They also beat New Mexico at New Mexico by 13 earlier in the season. Beat St. Mary's by 13 on a neutral court, and only lost to Wake by 3 on a neutral court. Did get smacked by 30 by Arizona State on a neutral court though. Oregon State has been getting by in the tournament so far. The last two wins (both home games) have gone to OT. Before that they notched a 4-pt win over Houston.

Stafon Johnson is another big reason I'm on UTEP right now. He's scored at least 22 in each of his last 12 games. The Miners have lost a couple of players throughout the season, but they haven't had any of them for this tournament. UTEP also has some big guards as well as some size inside, so I don't know that Oregon State will be that successful in a half court game. And I doubt the Beavers want to run with the Miners.

May add a 1H play as well. Consider UTEP -.5 as well as the under for the 1H. Also will be on the look out for 2H plays.

Good luck today, everyone! :cheers

Good luck and congradulations on your post season success Goon. Cant root for UTEP tonight but youve been hot and I have not. Peace brother.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Thanks Natty. Post-season success is making up for an absolutely BRUTAL February. I think I almost protected from making the mistakes I was making because I couldn't really bet Tennessee-Chattanooga-vs.-Elon-type games anymore. The 2H totals plays have been making me money. While I don't always feel confident in any one particular play, I feel like those will make me money over time. Honestly though, I haven't been that great ATS in March.

Any way you look at it, this was a year of learning that will be followed by many more years of learning. Now I need you guys to teach me how to bet bases. 91023i2ndw;l

salex78

EOG Enthusiast
2nd half play UTEP oregon st

2nd half play UTEP oregon st

Goon let me know what youre considering for 2nd half plays Im on utep and over almost put in for 1st halff with under 1/2 for utep

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

2 units for UTEP -2 and 1 unit for the u70.5.

I'll post reasons in a couple minutes, but I wanted to post the plays quickly for you salex.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

To win 2 units:

UTEP 2H -2 (-105)

I'm not a fan of chasing, and I haven't been watching this game (since I can't). But I don't think Oregon State shoots over 54% in the 2H. UTEP is still within striking distance. I do fear the possibility that UTEP closes the gap to 3 or 4 and then has to foul at the end and that pushes this half out of UTEP's favor.

To win 1 unit:

UTEP/Oregon State 2H u70.5 (-115)

1H: 50 Field Goal attempts; 14 Free Throw attempts (I don't have rebound stats for this game).

Note: Fouling at the end could mean trouble, but I think the 1H numbers are worse a unit play.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Good luck! A little middle action isn't a bad thing Salex. This half should go under at the shot pace they played last half. It'll come down to fouls. I don't think the 2H shooting % is as high as it was in the 1H.