2009 March Madness

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: 2009 March Madness

Thanks for bailing me out. Was 0-5 on totals (0-5 on unders) but made money today. Good thing I value your opinion more than mine.

Keep up the good work and thanks again.

I sure was on today. Not bad for a washed up old bum. I spotted a couple of good 2H unders. But kept away from the game unders in this round as a lot of lousy defenses. My only regret is not money lining W Kent, as I called the upset, and was up from winning all day. I'll figure out record, update and be ready to roll tomorrow. Always glad to be of help man, that's why I post.

Best Wishes...Good Night...OF :cheers :+waving-5

gofur876

EOG Addicted

Yeah, nice day, WKy was my fav. dog on opening day. Ill. was seeded way too high then didn't have their "heart" in the backcourt, not a good tm anyway. WK vs Zags s/b interesting. How good can Lvll be? My GG beat em for God's sake and WK crushed them. They've improved a lot that's for sure.91023i2ndw;l

Last edited:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Updated record: NIT 0-1 -3.3 units
Big Dance green arrow 8-2 +13.6 units

Don't see as much action today as the bulk of my good spots were yesterday. However, there are a couple, and 2H's present themselves without announcement. Should work the entire shirt today so hopefully can have similar success as yesterday. Have one early coming up.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

North Dakota St. +9 1/2 (3 units)

Been eyeing this one for some time. I took a +10. Tatonkas primed for this game, close to home, senior laden. Vocal fans will be ready, willing and able to influence zebras. Besides that, they are a pretty good team. Kansas looked like National Champs last year. Look like chumps this year. Very inconsistent, hope they have a clunker here. Bigtime letdown as big as you can get after winning it all, now about zero chance of repeating, crummy seeding, crummy game, not a lot of enthusiasm. Have this nasty habit of losing early when not properly motivated. Will have 1 more in the first of 4 time slots.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Utah St. +5 (2 units)

Utah St. usually first round fodder, the normal assigned role for them. However this season they are sending the best team in school history, and they play like that also. A bit short on tourney experience, still, very low line for seeding. There are many reasons for that. But mainly they are just that good, to overcome conference bias and former reps. Big plus like W Kent/Illini yesterday key player out for Marquette, thier glue guy Dominic James. Without him they are subpar. Maybe the big East team will just flex it's muscles and blast them, but they are all not going to advance, and this one is dinged badly. Take a shot here with live defensive dog.

Note: Even though up pretty well, it is still the first round. Keeping same units, same set up as yesterday. If bankroll increases today, next round will press.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

2H Utah St un 72 (3 units)

Pretty high number here on zero pace game. Stayed steadily slow throughout first half. Unless crazy foul and stop clock at end this one should stay under.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

North Dakota St. +9 1/2 (3 units)

Been eyeing this one for some time. I took a +10. Tatonkas primed for this game, close to home, senior laden. Vocal fans will be ready, willing and able to influence zebras. Besides that, they are a pretty good team. Kansas looked like National Champs last year. Look like chumps this year. Very inconsistent, hope they have a clunker here. Bigtime letdown as big as you can get after winning it all, now about zero chance of repeating, crummy seeding, crummy game, not a lot of enthusiasm. Have this nasty habit of losing early when not properly motivated. Will have 1 more in the first of 4 time slots.

De javu from LSU 2H yesterday. covering most if not entire way, decide to foul down by 6 with a minute left. They make 8 straight, we get hooked, sorry the board. I hit this I sweep the mornings. 1 ft missed, win instead of loss. Brutal. Got bet down to 8 i think.

Best Wishes...OF :shoot:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Utah St. +5 (2 units)

Utah St. usually first round fodder, the normal assigned role for them. However this season they are sending the best team in school history, and they play like that also. A bit short on tourney experience, still, very low line for seeding. There are many reasons for that. But mainly they are just that good, to overcome conference bias and former reps. Big plus like W Kent/Illini yesterday key player out for Marquette, thier glue guy Dominic James. Without him they are subpar. Maybe the big East team will just flex it's muscles and blast them, but they are all not going to advance, and this one is dinged badly. Take a shot here with live defensive dog.

Note: Even though up pretty well, it is still the first round. Keeping same units, same set up as yesterday. If bankroll increases today, next round will press.

Could have lost by 4 and still covered. Was a decent play, they hung tough like they were supposed to, a nailbiter like I said it would be, we cashed.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

2H Utah St un 72 (3 units)

Pretty high number here on zero pace game. Stayed steadily slow throughout first half. Unless crazy foul and stop clock at end this one should stay under.

Nailing these 2H unders, even when I bet bad game instead of Cuse. Had the dreaded crazy foul and score, 12 points last minute and still stayed under. 5th profitable session a row. Bummed out about tatonkas. Again, should have swept.

cornbread

EOG Member

I feel ya on that ndst game:finger004
Nice work on the other plays:cheers

I like the temple play everybody and their mother is on asu

GL Frog

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

2H East Tennessee +11 1/2 (3 units)

Similar spot as Memphis yesterday, overrated chalk in over thier heads vs huge dog. Might get to double digits but probably not. Bucs have great +14 or so scoring attempts, but shooting miserbly from the arc 1-13 and from the field 25%. If improvement there it covers 2H easily.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Temple +5 1/2 (3 units)

No time to write up...

If I ever saw a performance where one player did everything he could so his team would not cover, this game was it. A guy named Semaj Inge.

I go to his contributions.

1H

Gets rebound
Misses jumper #1
Blows lay up, miss #2
Turnover
Rebound
Misses jumper #3
Blows lay up, Miss #4 and lay up #2
Gets block and rebound
Gets rebound
Misses jumper #5

2H

They get ball first possession in
Turnover
Misses jumper #6
Misses jumper #7
Got assist
Foul
Got assist
Turnover
Got assist
Misses jumper #8
Got assist
Goes to line, drains both
Misses jumper #9
Foul, a really stupid one down by three at 1:39 left
Commits another foul, coach told him to and break.
Miss fast break layup #10 and 3rd blown layup. Would have put score back at 4.

Goes ofer 10, did not attempt a trey. Blows three layups, still shooting when it is a tight late 4Q game and you are icy. During the game he can't hit one, but his touch is not that far off, he drains both ft's, not wanting to look more obvious. Is he some young kid? No he is a senior, and probably his last game ever. From New Jersey. Was a 3-4 pt game that went South at the end. Thanks Semaj. Second game covering last 6 or 7 minutes only to unravel at the end during foul and shoot. Next

Best Wishes...oF 2938u4ji23

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

2H East Tennessee +11 1/2 (3 units)

Similar spot as Memphis yesterday, overrated chalk in over thier heads vs huge dog. Might get to double digits but probably not. Bucs have great +14 or so scoring attempts, but shooting miserbly from the arc 1-13 and from the field 25%. If improvement there it covers 2H easily.

Easy cover never in doubt. Pitt largest lead 10 at the Final? Split 2nd time slot, my apologies, try to pick it up next stanza.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Boston College +2 (4 units) (+1.15 2 units)

Going back to the traveling Pac10 going East vs ACC squad laying points. Did not work for Cal, won't work here. These teams sharpen up playing the Dukes and Tar Heels, very tough ACC sked. SC plays a bunch of shlubs. Maybe freshman phenom DeMar will prove me wrong. Play of the day material for me.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

NIT Miami +6 (3 units)

Don't think FLA exactly stoked not to be in big dance. Took turns losing to just about to everyone in the SEC this season, from playing for titles before. Canes used to very tough competition, even hang around and win a few. ACC scrub vs. SEC scrub, still getting 6. Big bonus of state of FLA bragging rights, for the NIT, whooppee. But would think if the game is on the line late Canes will want it just a little bit more than spoiled Gators. Decent matchups across lineups, value defensive dog. Very unimpressed with SEC teams so far in post season.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I tagged along on E tennessee 2nd half your reasoning looked really good. Turns out, it was good. Wish Id tagged along more often in this thread, but didnt see it early.

I tagged along with BC I had also had played Miami myself. Line just too high vs Florida.

Go Eagles!

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

unfortunately Miami decide to not show up...

Still a half left but they really need to look themselves in the eye if they even want to have a chance....

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Jesus Christ what a fuckup day that turned out to be. And 90% of the fuck ups were my fault. A veritable laundry list of what I did wrong and how snake bit I was.

Go back to the NIT. Badly lose a game I was never in.

Watch my guy go ofer 10, when the next opponent goes 10-10.

Fade the obvious not as bad Pac10. UCLA game fooled me there.

Gave up when 3 time slot collapsed instead of chugging along, all 4 dogs covered last slot.

Backed off last two 5/12 matchups, both upset.

Increased units on BC. Thought it might be last play of the day.

Just did not have the feel I had the day before, and hated that Tatonka ending way worse than the LSU 2 H the day before, because I still profited that game. Usually I take it light the first round, but I thought I saw opportunity this season, and boy was there ever some there. Especially the 5/12 games, 4-0 ATS, 3 upsets. Pac10 huge rebound after first day, best tourney day for them in years. ACC fell apart. The big east and ACC went a combined 0-8 ATS yesterday. So much for the power conferences. But many of those duds are gone. Cinderella FSU turned into a pumpkin first game. Wake badly upset, hold a wake for them. BC blasted, Cinderella #2 WVU, loses to a team that had not won a tourney game in 18 years. Marquette should have lost. Would have been better off going fishing. What did I learn? Pac10 does not suck this year out of conference. Otherwise, stick with what got me here, and don't just pack it in before the last games. Next.

Best Wishes...OF :doh1 :shoot: :+waving-5

cornbread

EOG Member

Get it back today, just one of those days yesterday a few screwy endings yesterday ndkst, 2 ots blew the sienna under. bc skipped the 2nd half but at least wisky woke up for the 2nd

Wash -1' look tempting any insight on this one

Thanks for your posts and gl today:thumbsup

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Villanova un 144 1/2 (4 units)

Best defensive matchup today. UCLA struggled to do anything against VCU and Nova was handcuffed by American, was a 55-55 game with 6 minutes left until the Americans ran out of fuel. Almost mirror images of each other, if the refs let them play it should stay way under, if it gets chippy, maybe not. Would consider playing first half under but Nova looked out of sync last first half, especially defensively. Close game concerns me with foul and score at end, hopefully OT games quota was filled last night. Sometimes when two defensive teams face off it's makes for a very low scoring result. That is part of the plan here.

joelatti

Bad Loss...Figured with the blow out we might get there, but UCLA is a dog and Villanova wanted to put a hurting on them to show people American was a fluke

NEXT

Memphis OVER????

Hawks Fan

EOG Enthusiast

Refs set the tone for this game at the start and did not let them play...

They called every little touch for a foul... No chance for an under when that happens... Seems to be happening alot this tournament, tons of fouls...

JoeContrarian

EOG Enthusiast

Refs set the tone for this game at the start and did not let them play...

They called every little touch for a foul... No chance for an under when that happens... Seems to be happening alot this tournament, tons of fouls...

Refs trying to advance just like the teams are.....

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Brutal free throw marathon. 57 fta's. With 33 games played before that, all of the foul and shoot at end, double OT, that is high by far. The average is mid 30's. You have zero chance on a under when they stop the clock and score without it moving that often. The fg% were not out of this world, 42/47. Very surprised they did not let defensive teams play, and there was zero foul and shoot at end because of blowout. There were only two ft's attempted in the last 2:45. Seemed like refs played it up for crowd. They were not trying to tighten it up because it was a blowout from jump. What a crummy loss.

Best Wishes...OF :hangt

joelatti

Well my Memphis Over is looking good in the first half

FROG r u posting anymore today??

joelatti

Let's get out early today Frog....I am looking to play Loiusville(second half bet)

They have been monstera second half....Hopefully they play there normal 1st half game...very close and then I will pounce on'm

Also looking at OVER Kansas