Will Pitt Panthers be dangerous in the NCAA tourney?

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: Will Pitt Panthers be dangerous in the NCAA tourney?

THEY ARE 18-1 WITH FIELDS IN THE LINEUP......

DON'T DISCOUNT THEM........

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

They never do shit in the tourney.

Always have great regular seasons on teams alot better than this and follow it up with nothing.

they will make it to the sweet 16 and thats it because of their free throw shooting. They can not compete with other teams that make the sweet 16 because of the lack of free throws they make.

They are a good team but i don't think they will advance farther than the sweet 16.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Devil touched on it. LeVance Fields, they are not 18-1 though (18-4)...but they did win the first 11 with him...when he came back they struggled and were in some tough games...7-1 since!

He makes this team go...statistically Fields is not so hot but PITT wins with him.

I would not be surprised at all to see a final 8 or even higher.

wick city

EOG Enthusiast

We will not be dangerous in the tourney, we never are. Don't have the elite player to take over the game down the stretch. Year after year, we get knocked out by the so called inferior teams.

Mark it down, we will not be in the final 8. Its all about reality.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Playing 4 straght days is the worst thing to happen. It is so hard to bounce back. Pitt is playing real good defense but it will notbe eaqsy for them. No final four I say. BTW the big east champs often struggle in the NCAA.

waco

EOG Dedicated

Foul shooting will be their downfall

We will not be dangerous in the tourney, we never are. Don't have the elite player to take over the game down the stretch. Year after year, we get knocked out by the so called inferior teams.

Mark it down, we will not be in the final 8. Its all about reality.

So i take it you play on the team...That's a pretty pessimistic attitude.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

they will lose their 2nd game, mark it down. they won't get past mich st.

Answer this question, when has Pitt ever been dangerous in the tourny? Its called being realistic.

your right, it's hard to think that they'll go far. But i can't remember when they have been this diverse on offense. Young is so diverse he can shoot the jumper or go down low and scrap. There perimeter shooting is better than years past and Fields reminds me of that one player that when he is in the lineup everything works much better. Pitt has a record of 25-4 when fields is in the lineup. I am thinking sweet 16 for pitt but that's it, but i hope i'm wrong as the southside of pittsburgh is a lively area when the sports team make postseason runs.

ronaldn

EOG Member

The main reason that Pitt and Big East teams in general struggle in the NCAA tourney is the officiating. Big East refs allow an extremely physical game. they let the boys "play" so to speak. When they get into the tourney they have refs from the other conferences who don't allow that kind of play and so their stars and top players usually have to sit out most of the game in foul trouble. The solution is to be able to adjust to the tighter game but they have just not been able to do it successfully. For Pitt it is a matter of changing their whole game, their whole approach to games, and they just can't do it. Hope I'm wrong this year. JMHO.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Generally speaking, these conference tourney winners are good fades in the dance but the market might be accounting for that better now.

BigBollocks

EOG Member

I've got them doing some early damage. I'm not playing it, but I think they have a decent overlay currently on their tournament odds (I'm showing up to 43/1 right now). At worst, you'd probably set yourself up for a very nice hedging opportunity come sweet sixteen time. GL :cheers

Bobby Knight picked this team to win the NCAA Tourney. That is good enough for me.

wick city

EOG Enthusiast

So much for the dangerous team theory. Just like I said above, mark it down.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Just a knee jerk reaction after winning the Big East tourny. I am sure we all have done this a time or two. That was Pitts 6th game in 11 days at a high energy level in March. Thats a bitch.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

ID kiss of death at her/his finest.

Other predictions soon to go down in flames...

UCLA to win it all.

Carly to win American Idol.

Obama to win election.

Looks like 3 more losers.

Best wishes...OF :cheers

Either way, Happy Easter ID. :mutley

Journeyman

EOG Master

ID kiss of death at her/his finest.

Other predictions soon to go down in flames...

UCLA to win it all.

Carly to win American Idol.

Obama to win election.

Looks like 3 more losers.

Best wishes...OF :cheers

Either way, Happy Easter ID. :mutley

Well she IS working on her 3rd 'presidential candidate' avatar one of them has to win sooner or later.

:doh1 Best Vicious

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Well she IS working on her 3rd 'presidential candidate' avatar one of them has to win sooner or later.

:doh1 Best Vicious

ID just picks a front runner to say, see I had them. After the election she will have Big John Wayne McCain avatar.

Best Wishes...OF :LMAO

Point Given

EOG Veteran

I picked PITT to win it all in the bracket contest here...

I see something in Fields....sometimes he gets a big head but if he's focused...he is a smart player....he's a baller from the hood...lol....this is his year IMO

Blair is just a beast....Thabeet prays everynight they dont play PITT

I havent watched Young at all really this season....I dont know if him going off today was a fluke....but he was hitting some clutch shots as well in the OKS game...

not that OKS was any world beaters...but these guys stepped up IMO

guess we'll find out in about 2 weeks 12io4j2w90

Point Given

EOG Veteran

I've got them doing some early damage. I'm not playing it, but I think they have a decent overlay currently on their tournament odds (I'm showing up to 43/1 right now). At worst, you'd probably set yourself up for a very nice hedging opportunity come sweet sixteen time. GL :cheers
umm

you are telling me PITT was 43-1 to win the NCAA title? :+clueless

mofome

Banned

If pitt didnt have a pantload at the point they would be the best team in the country. As is, they are one of a few teams who could win it.