Anyone liking Korea Over Japan tonight?

mofome

Banned

Daisuke Matsuzaka pitched 4 2/3 innings of two-run ball Sunday as Japan beat Team USA 9-4 to advance to the finals of the WBC.
Brian Roberts led off the contest with a homer, but it wasn't a sign of things to come. Team USA had three errors and a couple of more misplays in a very sloppy game. Roy Oswalt, who was picked to start over Jake Peavy, gave up six runs -- four earned -- in 3 2/3 innings, and some poor defense in the eighth essentially finished the game, as Japan upped its lead from 6-4 to 9-4. Fortunately, Team USA still managed to achieve its goal, which was making sure everyone got to play. Jimmy Rollins, who was used as DH so that the world could be introduced to Derek Jeter for the first time, went 4-for-4 with a walk. Kenji Johjima had two RBI for Japan. Yu Darvish finished the game tonight, so it's practically certain that Hisashi Iwakuma will start against Korea on Monday. Jung Keun Bong figures to go for Korea. Mar. 22 - 11:32 pm et

Korea at about +125

Re: Anyone liking Korea Over Japan tonight?

Nice to see books finally taking into account that Korea is a good team. Korea has been +160 and +190 against Japan previously. I think they have been 3-3 against Japan in the two WBC's.

If you have to choose a side you gotta go with Korea since I see this as a toss up game.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

who is starting for japan? no dice and they brought in that young gun who was suppose to start today in the 9th.. are they 3 deep with quality pitchers?

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

who is starting for japan? no dice and they brought in that young gun who was suppose to start today in the 9th.. are they 3 deep with quality pitchers?

they are deep - so is Korea

Two studs are going tonight that both have a sub-1 ERA in the WBC. Bong for Korea and Iwakuma for Japan.

Now that I see Korea is +145 you definitely gotta go with Korea here. Bong has beaten Japan twice this tournament.

I have a huge play on this game. Stay tuned. 12io4j2w90

Just kidding. I really like Korea.:cheers

tripp

EOG Master

japan's pitcher won the cy young of the japan league last year i'm pretty sure, so the pitching should be fine. i would also expect to see darvish at some point.

japan is the best team in this tournament. have to ride them to the title here.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

not that it mattered last night, but isn't that big Japanese hitter out ?

I have Japan +600 to win and Korea +2500 to win. I'm going to do my best Doc Mercer imitation and drink beer. :cheers

Thanks. Also played Cuba at +900, so I had a good run. Now if I can get the NCAA winner right (Mich St, Nova, and Syracuse).

Really really like this Nova team. I think they are gonna beat Duke and give UNC a run for their money

korean pitcher has already beaten japs twice in this competition. yet japan line moving upwards. hmmm.