Anyone ever play a "hyper turbo"?

shdw01

EOG Dedicated
I see stars has one starting up in a little over 10 min...

says 500 starting chips and blinds going up every 3 min....sounds fun...anyone ever try this push-fest?

royboy

EOG Dedicated
Re: Anyone ever play a "hyper turbo"?

sounds like a degenerate donkey's wet dream... will try one soon.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

I have before on accident...absolutely hate it. I'm a tighter player and pick my spots...can't do that in super turbo without getting blinded.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

I have to check again but I think when I looked there were 675 ish that entered ($25 + 0.50...low vig!).....and after 3 min they were down to 475 people....LOL

top 90 cash

diogee

lol yeah that is how those things go...everyone chasing shit and going all in with garbage hoping to catch.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

lol yeah that is how those things go...everyone chasing shit and going all in with garbage hoping to catch.

if that is the case, isn't it a HUGE advantage to play in these? I'll take my chances with the smart poker player over the "chasing with garbage" poker player any day....sure the chaser will win their share, but wouldn't a smart player come out +EV by a LARGE margin?

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

40 min into the tourney...4 players left!!! lol

1st is $3600

cheapseats

EOG Master

if that is the case, isn't it a HUGE advantage to play in these? I'll take my chances with the smart poker player over the "chasing with garbage" poker player any day....sure the chaser will win their share, but wouldn't a smart player come out +EV by a LARGE margin?

You dont have time to pick your spots b/c they raise the amounts so quick. If you feel lucky, have at it, otherwise, you be tossing and flopping to lossdom.

diogee

You dont have time to pick your spots b/c they raise the amounts so quick. If you feel lucky, have at it, otherwise, you be tossing and flopping to lossdom.
Exactly why it isn't a huge advantage. Even with solid hands you get people sucking out all the time since they will call with anything.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Exactly why it isn't a huge advantage. Even with solid hands you get people sucking out all the time since they will call with anything.

Zactly, thats how you getg beat, not odds of any one hand, but a bunch of chasers that care not about anything close to appropriate play.