4625, Dawg, etc: Get ready to laugh ... I found this on the Net ... LOL !!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Blogger Anti-SLAPP Case Angers Munchkin Man

By Jason Lee Miller - Mon, 05/07/2007 - 11:21

That "Left," the code-named blogger behind StockLemon.com (which is now CitronResearch)doesn't have many friends in the financial world isn't what's important. What is important that Left becomes the first blogger to be protected by Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation (SLAPP) laws, at least in California. And The Munchkin Man (to be discussed later) isn't happy.

Though bloggers are the air guitarists of journalism (careful, the author makes several good points in that article before wigging out with proposed retribution at the end), Left proves that a blog can get you in a lot of trouble.

StockLemon's been sued by lots of people for defamation and libel after declaring certain penny stocks bad investments. It would seem Wall Street pays close attention to StockLemon, as the maligned OTCs plunge in value shortly after a scathing review.

The Munchkin Man (seriously), who likes to speak of The Munchkin Man in third person and doesn't like to use The Munchkin Man's repertoire of pronouns, beseeches The Munchkin Man's audience to take action against StockLemon and boycott the website's advertisers.

The Munchkin Man (to get more information on whom this is, you had to register, and I just didn't care that much) calls Left's claims "outright lies" and accuses, along with the Wall Street Digest, of manipulating stock prices through the blog and then short-selling them for profit.

"The Munchkin Man comes before you early this morning with a very heavy heart and a very serious message," The Munchkin Man writes. "The Munchkin Man hates to say this, but if and until the Stocklemon.com website is shut down, you should probably bookmark it and check it every morning before the markets open."

See what you've done. The Munchkin Man's angry, and you wouldn't like The Munchkin Man when The Munchkin Man's angry.

Anyway, as you can tell, the history and details of the rifts StockLemon has caused over the years aren't necessary for the anti-SLAPP protection news. They're just funny.

As blawger (law blogger) Eric Goldman points out, "this is one of the first case explicitly holding that a blogger is protected by anti-SLAPP laws. Anti-SLAPP laws, according to Wikipedia, are present in 24 states, but are not on the federal level.

A SLAPP suit, the article says, "is a form of litigation filed by a large organization or in some cases an individual plaintiff, to intimidate and silence a less powerful critic by so severely burdening them with the cost of a legal defense that they abandon their criticism."

A California court through out GTX Global Corp. under anti-SLAPP objections filed by StockLemon. Whether Left is guilty of short-selling won't come out of this case, as the suit alleged libel and defamation. GTX was unable to produce evidence that StockLemon's statements were false, and will have to pay Left's legal fees.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2007/05/07/blogger-anti-slapp-case-angers-munchkin-man

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: 4625, Dawg, etc: Get ready to laugh ... I found this on the Net ... LOL !!!

This is great:

http://socialize.morningstar.com/NewSocialize/forums/p/205350/205350.aspx

The ol Munchie boy is consistent ....

SHORT AND TO THE POINT !!!

:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

To Flakey -- Re: Post # 1 Hombre Munchkin 08-25-2007, 9:31 PM | Post #2430008 <table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="88"> <tbody><tr valign="top"> <td background="/NewSocialize/Morningstar/Images/MSRating/blog_vote_rating.gif" width="48" height="33">0</td> <td width="25"></td> <td width="15"> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table style="table-layout: fixed;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="100%"> <tbody><tr><td> Greetings Mr. Flakey:

The Munchkin Man would like to thank you for your reply to the Munchkin Man's original post.

You wrote:

"See my reply to your challenge on post #2051 of Off Topic/General Chat forum, Munchie."
_____

The Munchkin Man has read your reply.

The Munchkin Man regrets your decision to decline his challenge.

The Munchkin Man accepts your decision to decline his challenge.

Good luck to you.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

Originally posted in thread: 10905
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Well, Doc, if you found that one, then you might as well read this one, which dates all the way back to 2005. This one described the initial onset of the Munchkin Man's disorder and elicited three pages of responses:

http://socialize.morningstar.com/Ne...E804&CLogin=&CType=R&CName=Dennis&PageIndex=1

Some of these responses will show you how mean some posters used to be to the Munchkin Man and the type of persecution the Munchkin Man used to endure.

Munchkin Man

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Munchkin

do what I do .... just tell em to piss off partner

You're a good guy

This forum would be lonely without your "feedback"

I look forward to ya "joining the fight" and calling Doc one of your Role Models

Funny stuff... You can't be that delusional on just an "act".

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I bet ol Munchkin in his 20's smoking a big ol reefer must have been
"full of ideas" on how to get Reagan to be the Next Pope

"I had this voice from the ceiling talking to me last nite .... it kept
screaming @ me.... "Help Ronnie achieve God's wish of converting all Muslims
worldwide to the OFFICIAL WORD OF GOD .... you can do it Munchky .."

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

See what you've done. The Munchkin Man's angry, and you wouldn't like The Munchkin Man when The Munchkin Man's angry

OHHHH ...... ONE CAN PICTURE THAT!!!!

Get ol Munchkie pissed and we get an 800 word instead of 300 essay to "let him let the
steam out ..."

More evidence that the poster running the "bit" called "Munchkin Man" is amazing in his ability to always stay in character. This does raise the question: "when does always staying in character become one's real character?"

More material for my next "Munchie Movie" installment, perhaps?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I heard the SHRINK offered him a job inside the EOG Monthly newsletter to
play the role of Anne Landers ...

"Yes Joey C ... these are trying times for Conservatives but you must never
lose the Faith My Son ...

I remember a moment in the late 70s when I was watching a Billy Graham
special on television ... a truly inspirational moment for the Munckin Man
and his followers ..."