Nattys NCAA, NIT and CBI thread for 2009

salex78

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Nattys NCAA, NIT and CBI thread for 2009

Baylor was really tough on the road here especially, Lacedarius dunn G for baylor who led scorers with 19 was mostly injured (limping )after 1st half, he was on a torrid run 1st half for Baylor. Then Baylor came up with some key stops on the road as they had played well vs VT on the road previously!

Currently 11-11 -0.4 units

Tuesday NIT action:

684 - Notre Dame -2 vs Kentucky (-120)

Almost just gotta win this one with ND who is always damn good at home. A prize trip to MSG and a nice spotlight looms for the Irish who are playing thier third game in a row at home with four extra days to prepare and practice. Kentucky coach on the hot seat and they struggled to beat Creighton on the road. Creighton is not chopped liver, especially at home but Kentucky should have been able to outclass them with pure size and athleticism. That will not be the case in South Bend. I am still envisioning a St. Marys/Notre Dame showdown in The Garden so I will just keep riding these two til they lose. Especially as a small favorite or dog.

685 - St.Marys +3 @ San Diego

St. Marys beat this team at San Diego in non conference, in a close one where Patty Mills was held to 13 points. No letdown, from what Ive heard in interviews with Mills, in this St. Marys squad that missed the NCAAs, a classy dude that really seems to get IT. No disrespect to a solid SDSU squad that plays pretty good defense but I think this Gaels team has got it into high gear with the Davidson win and I will be riding them all the way through the finals any time they are a small favorite or a dog. SD has a third home game with extra days but Davidson is not Kentucky. They are better and focused and match up very well with SD. Lots of big athletic players in the West Coast conference so Gaels will be able to handle the matchup departments well.

Good luck everyone.

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Thinking about parlaying Bradley ML to both of those plays... well Bradley with ND ML... not sure if I'd parlay Bradley ML to St. Mary's ML or St. Mary's + points.

Good luck today, Natty :cheers

Yeah Goon I think ND is the safer play. Go with the home team, best bet in my opinion. I have faith in the Gaels but SDSU will play tough at home. Cant really get a good feel for Bradley this year.

I am adding another 1/2 unit to my Notre Dame action. The line went down to 2 for reasons I fail to comprehend so I figured fade the public without buying a hook is a good reason to bump it up a bit.

Tues action recap:

684 - ND -2 (-120) 1 unit
684 - ND -2 (-110) 1/2 unit
685 - St.Marys +3

WhiskeyShooter

EOG Member

I am adding another 1/2 unit to my Notre Dame action. The line went down to 2 for reasons I fail to comprehend so I figured fade the public without buying a hook is a good reason to bump it up a bit.

Tues action recap:

684 - ND -2 (-120) 1 unit
684 - ND -2 (-110) 1/2 unit
685 - St.Marys +3

I am with you tonight on ND. I think it is the end of the road for KY. I think we are going to see a great game with St. Mary's and SDST. Hopefully St. Marys can pull out he win. I would like to see them at the Garden. It is nice that you have the 3 points of cushion. I will be watching this one as just a fan and not an investor. Possibly a second half play...who knows.

BOL.

Well at least I won the 1.5 units wager to get me back to even.
Now at 12-12 and +/- 0.0 units. WOW! Try doing that. Tool.... what are the odds?

Really gotta give it up to St Marys for nearly coming back. But really am hurt that I should have at least covered. Had they not made a number of errors in the critical last minute I would be cashing or watching over time right now. Especially the Mills turnover with 11 seconds and down by 2. OUCH. I can only take solace in the fact that he feels much worse than I do right now. But I really like the kid so Ill give him a break..... I guess.

12-12 and dead even could be ALOT worse!

you'll finish + money i am sure...

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

(Natty drives to San Diego tonight and finds Mills... confronts him "Patty, what the heck is wrong with you... how do you turn the ball over in the final 11 seconds in a one possession game?"... Natty slaps Mills in the face... Natty drives home)

Could be worse than even for these tourneys. Do your thing Natty and end strong. :cheers

(Natty drives to San Diego tonight and finds Mills... confronts him "Patty, what the heck is wrong with you... how do you turn the ball over in the final 11 seconds in a one possession game?"... Natty slaps Mills in the face... Natty drives home)

Could be worse than even for these tourneys. Do your thing Natty and end strong. :cheers

:LMAOIf he held on to the ball I probably could afford the gas.

I really feel bad for the dude. But then I think : "Hell, that dudes gonna have more money in a couple years than I will make in my lifetime" ..... so Yeah Goon .... I guess I could siphon my neighbors ATV and go deliver a quick kick in the nuts.

Villanova tomorrow baby! Whos with me?

Adding another ML unit for Villanova @ +115.

Thats gonna do it for Thursday:

Villanova +115 (2 units)

Good luck everybody

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Not sure if I can bring myself to play Nova/Duke. Since it's a late game, I'll see how my Pitt/UConn parlay goes.

As of now, I think Nova/Duke is a toss-up, so taking Nova +115 makes sense. Going to see if I can find/come up wiht a reason to play this game. Kind of intrigued by the 1H under.

Thats more like it ... Thank you Nova. 12io4j2w90

13-12 up now +2.3 units

Heres my Friday NCAA action for now.

Syracuse ML (Even) 2 units
Time for me to eat my pride and face the truth.

Gonzaga +9 1unit
Way too many points for an underated sweet sixteen team. My darkhorse. Giddy up fuckers !!!!!!!! :+whipping

Adding another unit to Gonzaga to make it 2 units @ +9 (-120)

and a couple small of 2 tm parlays I think are worth the risk:

875 - Gonzaga ML(+350) w/ under 163 .......0.2 units to win 1.52 units

872 - Louisville -9 w/ over 139.5 ..... 0.4 units to win 1.04 units

TheBigRagu

EOG Veteran

Good luck natty, like everything but the Zags....I think NC takes it to them tonight...:houra

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

+350 ML parlayed to a total...

I love this plan! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

I'm giving the under a look on that game as well. Nice hit on Nova last night, and good luck tonight, Natty :cheers

Sometimes..... betting sports really sucks. :hangt
Saturday action:

Pittsburgh -2

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

You're still probably about even (not sure about the juice on those) for the tourneys after today, right? You're having an awesome '09. Most people lose money when they hit a rough patch. You're breaking even. You'll get'em, Natty. I think I like Pitt tomorrow as well. Trying to decide the right way to play the Panthers.

Good luck, Natty! :cheers

joecrackthedon

EOG Enthusiast

Natty, you are solid man... you'll be back in the swing of things tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised if after Sat/Sun you walk away with yet another winning week! Keep it positive, man....you are good at this stuff and we all know it! :houra

Thanks guys. Im OK though. Just gotta tighten up my shoe laces. Not sure where I stand Goon Ill tally the damage tomorrow. Its all good.

benny0420

EOG Dedicated

Natty and Gyno I am on Nova already fuk.

I ve been working on a couple of projects trying to turn the corner on some real income.:cheers

Sitting at 14-15 (-1.3 units)

518 Pitt -2 vs Villanova (2 units)

Villanova very impressive but the last two opponants were tailor made for thier style of play. Pitt will be a tougher matchup and has been the better team all year as a whole. They have not looked so great in some recent games but always find a way. They can do it in multiple ways whereas Villanova may have to concede the inside game to Pitt.

Kind of a square 2 team parlay but I think it has a worthwhile risk/reward ratio.

519 - Missouri ML (+220) w/over 150 .... (0.25 units to win 1.74 units)

GoonBets@Noon

EOG Veteran

Like Pitt. And I agree that if Missouri wins, there's a good chance that the total goes over.

Thanks Goon. I really am starting to like the over regardless so....
Adding:

520 - Mizzou/UConn over 151 (2 units)

Granted that UConns strategy will probably be to play a half court offense and slow the tempo. But what really is a slow game to UConn? 75 points is a slow game game for UConn and I find it hard to believe they will hold the ball with fast break opportunities off rebounds. They like to jump ahead and leave the opposition in thier wake at every opportunity. Even if UConn controls the tempo this game has a decent chance of going over.

1-2 today (-0.45 units)........14-17 (-1.55 units)

I can get back to + with one good day. Some of you guys are doing great, I love it. My season has been pretty frustrating as a whole, but I have had enough success to at least feel like I hung tough and came out stronger in a lot of ways. Glad I didnt give up or totally go tilt and lose a ton of cash. Ill have to take the time to assess the tally but I will be suprised if I came out even for the year. Dug a pretty big hole early on. Feel fortunate to have made some fine acquaintances and learned a thing or two from a lot of sharp cats here. All that for probably what amounts to a small losing season seams like a relatively cheap price for the experience. Of course not having a + overall season really sucks, I think I have taken some things that may help me to have a great season next year.

Thanks guys.

Still a few games left but just wanted to express some gratitude while Im feeling in the mood.

Think both of these favorites are the better teams but do not like to lay this kind of chalk. Dont feel comfy playing the dogs either so Ive decided to take the ML parlay route. Heard arguments for teaser and I definitly dont want to parlay AND lay 2 points. Checked out a 6 pt teaser and it only pays a small pittance more w/ -1 so I went with this.

720 - Louisville (-320)
722 - N.Carolina (-300)

3 units to win 2.25 units
Good luck.