Could we seriously have all 4 #1 seeds in the final four two years in a row?!

tripp

EOG Master
Looking like a possibility right now. I thought no way just 5 hours ago. I though one may lose this round, and even if they didn't they would face tough elite 8 games. Pinny had "no" to this question at -1500.

Memphis/UConn would have been at a pk line. UConn is not losing to Mizzou though. No way.

Pitt -3 will be a strong play for me vs Villanova. I just don't think Nova is ready for the big time just yet. Possibly next year, but not this year IMO. Pitt isn't a soft team like UCLA or Duke. Pitt should win that game, and it might be their most comfortable win of the tournament.

Louisville I can definitely see losing to either Kansas or Michigan St. They will be favored though over either. Arizona is not beating them.

UNC is the best team in the nation, so it's tough to see them losing before the final four. I think Zaga gives them a run for their money, but UNC eventually wins a tight one. If they play Syracuse I think they win easily. If they play Oklahoma I think they win still, but Griffin could keep them close himself. I don't see either being on UNC's level though.

I'm not predicting it to happen, but all of a sudden it looks like a very possibly scenario.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated
Re: Could we seriously have all 4 #1 seeds in the final four two years in a row?!

blake griffin and the sooners get in!!! 3 #1's and Blake Griffin in the final 4

Re: Could we seriously have all 4 #1 seeds in the final four two years in a row?!

ha ha i was seriously about to post this before i caught up on what all was said today :thumbsup

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

YES is the answer. will it happen? who knows but there is a very good chance it might once again

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i think the biggest obstacle to all four # 1's making it again is villanova.........they can easily beat pitt straight up right now on a neutral

uconn will probably beat mizzu

l'ville will probably beat az and ku-msu winner

unc is pretty much a lock over gonzaga and ou..........syracuse might give them trouble

i'll say it ends up:

villanova the 3-seed

and the other three #1's (l'ville, uconn, and unc)

this tourney is unc's to lose

i think the biggest obstacle to all four # 1's making it again is villanova.........they can easily beat pitt straight up right now on a neutral

uconn will probably beat mizzu

l'ville will probably beat az and ku-msu winner

unc is pretty much a lock over gonzaga and ou..........syracuse might give them trouble

i'll say it ends up:

villanova the 3-seed

and the other three #1's (l'ville, uconn, and unc)

this tourney is unc's to lose

If Ellington is on I don't think there is any team in the nation that can beat UNC. However, if Ellington is off I think UNC is vulnerable. For all the talk of Lawson and Hansborough, we know they are pretty constant. Ellington though is an X-Factor. Possibly the best pure shooter in the nation. If shots aren't falling from him, UNC is beatable

tourney this year zzzzzzzzzz

tripp

EOG Master

Pitt won't make it, no.

Pitt and UConn are very likely to be in imo. Both are better than their elite 8 opponents. Pitt is actually the team I will be playing the most on.

Michigan St could spell trouble for Louisville, but if Williams is draining shots it will be tough for MSU to win.

UNC beats anybody in the nation if they play well.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

the name Blake Griffin and hemmoroids both have a lot in common

the faster I never that name again the better

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Louisville is the most overrated number 1 seed I have seen in a long time...I know they won the Big East, but they didn't play the same schedule as some of the others in the same conference....when it gets down to the elite eight, Loiusville will struggle...just my opinon

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Louisville is the most overrated number 1 seed I have seen in a long time...I know they won the Big East, but they didn't play the same schedule as some of the others in the same conference....when it gets down to the elite eight, Loiusville will struggle...just my opinon

:+clueless

Regular season and conference tournament champs of one of the mst dominating conferences in a very long time if not ever... and they are overrated? How could their schedule be light? There schedule was the Big East.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

shavencoinpurse is owning you and i am about to

just say you were wrong and move on

you're sounding like a college basketball know-nothing right now

d ray

EOG Dedicated

3 will make it, UNC WILL NOT!

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

3 will make it, UNC WILL NOT!

l'ville and unc are the closest things to locks that you will find

cards cruise past zona and ku-msu winner

tar heels cruise past zags and ou-cuse winner

otoh,

pitt has to beat surging nova

uconn has to beat surging mizzu

don't let your dislike for unc make you a losing bettor, or is too late for that?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

If Ellington is on I don't think there is any team in the nation that can beat UNC. However, if Ellington is off I think UNC is vulnerable. For all the talk of Lawson and Hansborough, we know they are pretty constant. Ellington though is an X-Factor. Possibly the best pure shooter in the nation. If shots aren't falling from him, UNC is beatable

No.

Gridiron: You create a thread saying Pitt is the play because the books are so smart, but in this thread you pick Villanova to go to the Final Four. Well, which one is it? Playing both sides so you can say you were right no matter what in the end?

your gettin bashed for this but i understand where your coming from...

thier Big East Shed did include 2 games agaisnt S. Fla, ND, and a OVERRATED WVU...throw in wins against st john, depual, cinci,GT, and Rutgers and yea they look like they might be a tad overrated...BUT you must consider what they did on the road and Nuetral courts, 14-3... with 2 wins over Cuse, Nova, who both are still alive only adds to thier resume...and wining the Big East tourney is a huge accomplishment

5 losses all season and those are to quallity opp. like, UCONN, WK, and Minny, are all tourney teams...ND will win the NIT

So who would you have replaced thier #1 seed with? memphis no way, okla no way

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I'm just saying Loiusville is overrated...they won the Big East and conference tourney, they deserved the number one ranking....

Gridiron guy....you sound like a tout to me, if you are not I apologize....

tripp

EOG Master

I agree 100% with Viejo.

Louisville is the weakest 1 seed this year. No doubt in my mind.

I would place any amount of money that they'd be dogs to the other three. UConn, Pitt and UNC should all be favored over Louisville.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

No.

Gridiron: You create a thread saying Pitt is the play because the books are so smart, but in this thread you pick Villanova to go to the Final Four. Well, which one is it? Playing both sides so you can say you were right no matter what in the end?

i said i leaned pitt in the other thread, not that i am playing pitt

i don't know what will happen in that game

i do know that unc and l'ville are destined to meet in the final,

l'ville made the elite 8 last yr

unc got blown out by ku in the semis

it's one of their turns to cut down the nets

i say its unc

the rest is just a lot of noise

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

I'm just saying Loiusville is overrated...they won the Big East and conference tourney, they deserved the number one ranking....

Gridiron guy....you sound like a tout to me, if you are not I apologize....

i'm not a tout, just a guy who wins at college hoops every yr

last yr, unc was the overall #1 seed and got blown out by ku

maybe you're right about l'ville

but chances are strongly that you are wrong

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

shavencoinpurse is owning you and i am about to

just say you were wrong and move on

you're sounding like a college basketball know-nothing right now

Who is owning who now?

I am not right a lot of times, but this happens to be one of them cases...

Viejo does well from what i've seen. Not a good idea to rip him

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Been on a hot roll...6-0 ATS

Villanova +8 my next selection, just way too many points for a final four game...

kermit

EOG Enthusiast

Been on a hot roll...6-0 ATS

Villanova +8 my next selection, just way too many points for a final four game...

Why ? Many times the final 4 contests have been blowouts ! Last year for instance Kansas beat UNC by 18 and Memphis beat UCLA by 15 ! I already grabbed some UNC - 6 1/2 when the line first appeared.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Why ? Many times the final 4 contests have been blowouts ! Last year for instance Kansas beat UNC by 18 and Memphis beat UCLA by 15 ! I already grabbed some UNC - 6 1/2 when the line first appeared.

Just an observation from over the many years you and I have been around...:cheers

kermit

EOG Enthusiast

Just an observation from over the many years you and I have been around...:cheers

Your observations and mine differ quite a bit however. I can recall many final 4 blowouts just like last years. 2006 also had Florida blowing out George Mason by 15 and UCLA blowing out LSU by 14. As a matter of fact the closest game and only single digit game in the last 3 was Ohio State's 7 point victory over Georgetown. My point being a 7 1/2 point spread should not be scary for anyone when it's going with a UNC team that actually has never relinquished it's number 1 ranking all year. I am referring to the only ranking service that means anything ... Las Vegas Sports Consultants ! These guys never over react to a loss now and then. It's kinda funny how Louisville can lose at home to a pretty average UNLV team but suddenly they become the top team in the country when they put on a late big 8 run. UNC may not win it all but it is certainly the team to beat ! GL