Washington Nationals 200-1 future...

Written by Brian Steinberg ( aka Sherwood)
.........................................................................................................

All games are listed pitchers unless stated otherwise.
Washington over 71? -1.26 PINNACLE <o:p></o:p>
If you’ve been a reader of this site over the years then you’re fully aware that I never use the words “lock” or “cinch” but man, this is about as close to a sure thing as I’ve ever posted in the last seven years or so. Not only will the Nats crush this number, they actually have a chance to win the division. That’s right, they have a chance to win the division. The Nats biggest problem last season was scoring runs but they’ll score a ton more this season. In a recent spring training game, Manny Acta's first five hitters were Nick Johnson, Elijah Dukes, Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Dunn and Josh Willingham. The oldest two are 30. Four have had seasons with 23 or more homers; Dukes clearly could. Lastings Milledge and Jes?s Flores, both good hitting prospects, didn't play. Austin Kearns, one year removed from being considered a pro's pro, can't get mentioned here. Neither can Dmitri Young, a career .292 hitter. "Last year, we never had enough pieces for a [good] lineup," Kearns said. "Now, we have extra ones." Ryan Zimmerman and Elijah Dukes could both have monster years with hitters around them. As for the pitching, well, it just might be the best in the business. Daniel Cabrera came over from Baltimore and everyone knows he has some of the nastiest stuff in the league. With the right guidance he could easily be a 15-game winner or better, especially in this park. Scott Olsen came over from Florida and he, too, is a quality starter. Then there’s Jordan Zimmerman, one of the best pitching prospects in some time. The kid can downright bring it and he’s been phenomenal in the spring. In one of his first innings, Zimmermann faced Carlos Guill?n, Magglio Ord??ez and Miguel Cabrera and, on eight pitches, seven of them strikes, fanned the first two, then got a first-pitch dribbler to shortstop. John Lannan and Shairon Martis rounds out the rotation and both are extremely talented. In fact, Lannan is the opening day pitcher after throwing 182 frames last season and allowing just 172 hits for a BAA of .252. The pen is decent, as is their bench and with a new attitude, new staff and coaches, these Nationals are going to very competitive indeed and even if everything goes wrong they’ll still get well over 71 wins. Play: Washington Nationals over 71? -1.26 (Risking 5.02 units to win 4).

<o:p></o:p>

Washington to win the World Series @ 200-1 PINNACLE <o:p></o:p>
Although it’s highly unlikely, it’s still worth a bet, as a lot of good things can happen for this team, especially in a pitcher friendly park like the one they play in where arms will not get as worn out like they do in other places. Several players have the potential to have career years and if they get off to a good start and gain some confidence they could be very dangerous. This is a young team with a ton of potential and I’ll acknowledge that there are a lot of “ifs”. However, if you want a “throwaway” bet with a chance for a huge return, this is it. Play: Washington to win the World Series +20,000 (Risking 0.5 units to win 100).

Re: Washington Nationals 200-1 future...

This guy has nailed some big futures before. He picked the Marlins in 2002 (?) at something like 150-1. Had the Hurricanes at something like 70-1 a few years ago.

It's tough to bet this one

<table fgcolor="#f6f6f6" bgcolor="#f6f6f6" border="2"> <tbody> <tr> <td>
Wager type : Proposition/Future
Description : Baseball
MLB
MLB World Series 2009
Washington Nationals +17500
Amount : Risking 25.00 To Win 4,375.00 USD
</pre></td></tr></tbody></table> A maximum wager amount of 25.00 USD is permitted for this wager.
You have bet $25.00 USD out of a total $25.00 USD. You have reached the max bet for this selection. You will be permitted to wager again on this event again once the limit is reset or the line has changed.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

As for the pitching, well, it just might be the best in the business.

Daniel Cabrera came over from Baltimore and everyone knows he has some of the nastiest stuff in the league.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

this quote is crazed.

no, I would not listen to anything this person has to say. if he wants to make a case for Wash over, than do it, but this is just nuts

Cabrera has a career 5.05 ERA.

Wash is a bad team. Their "biggest" problem isnt scoring runs, that is their second biggest problem, their biggest is they have no pitching.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

i can understand why one would make this bet if it provided the chance for a hedge, but the national suck.

hope .5 units doesn't mean much to you.

tripp

EOG Master

wash has no chance at contending this year. i do think they go over the posted win total though. they will not be the worst team in baseball this year, pittsburgh will.

they need zimmerman to stay healthy this year. he's a stud 3b and someone to build around

biggamer3

EOG Master

Guys though i too say The Nationals should be like 1,000 :1 in real odds, the same things we are saying now were probably said the last two times the marlins won the WS

mofome

Banned

cab used to have some of the nastiest stuff in the league easily. that has changed.

not a chance. good luck nick johnson and josh willingham being healthy all year. ill give you 200-1 they both play less than 160 games.

well it is a 200-1 shot, guys.

What surprises me is I put some 200-1 at Matchbook, and it was accepted.

Who lays 200 to win 1, 6 months later ?

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

well it is a 200-1 shot, guys.

What surprises me is I put some 200-1 at Matchbook, and it was accepted.

Who lays 200 to win 1, 6 months later ?

someone that thinks 200:1 interest and having their money in matchbook is safer than whatever interest and security their local bank provides...

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Doug, A bettor can use the same funds to bet other teams not to win the world series. So maybe he just threw the Nationals in not to win the world series along with a few other teams.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i disagree - i played Nats U72 and did so because knowing they play 70+ games against the deepest division in MLB will kill them. this team is gonna lose 90+ and maybe 100+

The Nats just don't have the pitching to contend in that division. I can see the over regular season win total, but world series is just burning money i feel

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Doug, I know its early, but you can go ahead and use your Nationals to win the world series ticket as toilet paper.