UTEP/OREGON ST....thoughts?

kyhawk

EOG Addicted
Re: UTEP/OREGON ST....thoughts?

I found this from another capper...buyer beware

UTEP vs. Oregon State
As you know, I'm a fan of Oregon State and their coach who used to be an executive in the financial world (when it was successful) and then moved on to coach Brown University in basketball and then chugged along to coach Oregon State. Not bad eh, from financial manager to Ivy League Coach to Pac-10 Basketball Coach. He is also the brother in-law of Barack Obama as well. These two teams have had no recent meetings. Oregon State has accomplished the following in their last 3 games including beating Houston by 4 at home, beating Vermont by 1 in OT and beating Stanford by 3 in OT as well. The last 4 of 5 have gone Under for Oregon State - albeit the Vermont game went over b/c that game went into OT. The total for this game stands at 131.5. Oregon State is a top 120 team and UTEP is a top 80 team. Remember, if Oregon State can defeat a top 80 team in Houston, a top 80 team in Stanford and a top 60 team in Stanford, there is no reason why Oregon State can win this game as well. However, they have had to win these games in OT - nevertheless, they have had the crowd's support behind them. UTEP comes from the C-USA obviously so maybe the CUSA will try to bring a home a championship of another sort today. This team has had a tougher road as they won on the road at Richmond by 11 on the road, defeated Northeastern by home at 9 and Nevada on the road by 2. All three of those teams were top 125 teams. What's interesting about this game is that this UTEP team scores 79, 75 and 81 points in their last 3 games while Oregon State is a defensive team that scored just 45 points against Houston - another C-USA team. UTEP has faced some other Pac-10 teams including losing to New Mexico State by 12 and they have had some other west coast games including defeating St. Mary's by 13 in neutral footing, losing to Arizona State by 30 in neutral footing and lost to Santa Clara by 1 in OT on the road - granted they did beat New Mexico by 13 on the road. I know it seems very easy to Oregon State here and they very well might cover, but from what UTEP has showed over the last few games, they have the ability to win some big games on the road and Nevada and Richmond are both similarly ranked teams Oregon State. A small lean on the under, but I'm just staying away from this game.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master
Re: UTEP/OREGON ST....thoughts?

i'm a big fsu fan but for some reason i've grown to really like utep this year. love jackson from philly.

i've been betting utep all year and making money, not gonna stop tonight.