Help Please-How can I get IE 7 back?

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
yeah I download IE 8 and while it may be ok for some, eats my computer memory or whatever it's called up. I now have only 89% free space.

When I do a Google search for IE 7, the pages show to download IE 8 again.

How can I get a browser if I delete this one. Please don't tell me to get Firefox...no Video with Youbet.

Is 89% free space a danger area? I think it's unstable. Not sure.

Re: Help Please-How can I get IE 7 back?

89% free indicates you are using only nearly 1/10 of the total memory. This should not be a concern.

Disk space and RAM(memory) are totally different.

Go into your control panel & add/remove programs-IE 8 should be listed there. After you uninstall it, reboot & you should be back to your previous version.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

The mouse (cursor) is shakey-not stable when I move over favorites. I had 91% before IE 8. Yahoo has button for everything except brusing your teeth. Even getting rid of most did not make the cursor better. Gonna sleep on it. I only have 2 GB total and may need 3GB. I only wish had stayed with IE 7.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Disk space and RAM(memory) are totally different.

Go into your control panel & add/remove programs-IE 8 should be listed there. After you uninstall it, reboot & you should be back to your previous version.

Thanks TT--I'm gonna sleep on it. See how it looks in the morning.
I never knew getting back to the older version would be that easy as IE8 is very intensive telling you step by step what it is removing.

OH well--one for Harry----CUBS WIN!! CUBS WIN!

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

TT or anyone with knowledge: How do I find out the amount of RAM that is available on the computer?

I am back to IE7 and it's much faster.

Hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get task manager to open. Go to the Performance tab-what you're looking for is the # next to Total under "Physical Memory".

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete to get task manager to open. Go to the Performance tab-what you're looking for is the # next to Total under "Physical Memory".

That number was before logging on 2030060 Total. Now I see it has a number under it Available 1164660, that changes constantly going down as I type this.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I cleaned up (deleted) a lot of "favorites" and a couple of small programs that I wasn't using and the disk space went up to 90%. Some of the lost disk space was for downloading the microsoft updates.
I don't understand how Yahoo says IE8 is safer. These people push whatever the latest item available from Microsoft. Maybe Microsoft secretly owns Yahoo.:+textinb3
Computer seems well now.