It's plainly clear the Marlins are a cut above the league

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Re: It's plainly clear the Marlins are a cut above the league

Hey VD, how's that coup d'etat going over there? Sounds like it's getting pretty crazy

The leaders here have called a truce for a few days...could get uglier, especially in Bangkok...safe here in the beach resort of Pattaya since the meetings were cancelled....I will let you know when I see some more tanks...:+textinb3

It's her real name. Viejo, she was in Thailand (might still be there) the last few months. Of course, she was busy doing humanitarian work with Myanmar refugees. Then again some would say you are doing humanitarian work there as well, lol.

Here's a clip from one of her shows in Chiang Mai:

One more with less Thais talking in the background, a little Maroon 5 cover:

Sing to me and I'm in. :thumbsup Give me her home address, :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

London, England.

Didn't peg you for the stalking a humanitarian, young economist, with a side of guitar crooning type. But hey to each his own.

London, England.

Didn't peg you for the stalking a humanitarian, young economist, with a side of guitar crooning type. But hey to each his own.
What am I, a fucking caveman?? :LMAO
It really doesnt so much matter what she is singing to me, its just that she is singing.

good point. I was all excited to hear she was back from her work in Asia and was going to be playing a concert. Then I find out it is in York, England. Gonna have to work on getting her stateside.

good point. I was all excited to hear she was back from her work in Asia and was going to be playing a concert. Then I find out it is in York, England. Gonna have to work on getting her stateside.
She is cute. Is she overly annoying about the politics ??

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I will keep an eye open for her over here...been to Chang Mai.....will be here till the end of July so maybe she will be around....:cheers

Nah, just one of those actual good-hearted peoples. Just picture a female guitar singing version of Mofome.(just joking there)

VD,
She's headed back to the mother land think you missed out on her.

Back on topic.

How bout 'dem Fish!!!:thumbsup

Nah, just one of those actual good-hearted peoples. Just picture a female guitar singing version of Mofome.(just joking there)

VD,
She's headed back to the mother land think you missed out on her.

Back on topic.

How bout 'dem Fish!!!:thumbsup

Who cares about the fish?

Did you grow up with her?

Biteth thy tongue. Dareth thy spiteth the Marlins?

No. I know her through a mutual music friend and have followed her career (can you even call it that as she has no albums and barely played a handful of concerts) since the very beginning. I was convinced that she had a true musical gift and don't think she had the confidence in her abilities. Still she's only scratched the surface and has a tremendous head on her shoulders. Search her youtube videos one night if you are bored.

Here's a true rare video, her first ever concert. I think it has under 100 views and I know probably about 40 of them are me. This clip will be famous one day:

Mr. S,
I pegged you as more of a Marie fan. Here's another girl with her shit together and bilingual as well:

sounds like youre in love.

i personally love it: young, talented, and insecure.
"so youre sayin' ive got a shot" -- lloyd

Here's one of Marie (it's pronounced Mar-ee-ay) singing in Japanese. I don't know what the hell she is saying but I dig the guitar riff:

Nah both way too young, talented, and intelligent for me. I just appreciate good music and get excited over real artists not the shit that they are constantly force-feeding the public sheep who laps it up.

If this guy keeps hitting like he has been though, I may fall in love (in a completely heterosexual obsessed Marlin stalker way of course):

love both of them. they are both talented, and both nice to look at. im a sheep's ass white male, i love women who look different than me in origin. does cherry do originals?

Here's one of Marie (it's pronounced Mar-ee-ay) singing in Japanese. I don't know what the hell she is saying but I dig the guitar riff:

I dont know what she is saying, but I like it to be sung softly in my ear in the privacy of some rich person's home.. :LMAO

Cherry has done some originals. Still needs a little work on song craftmanship (to steal TescoVee's analysis) and would like to hear her sing something a little more uptempo and not so sad. She has a song called "Thick Skin" that I think is pretty fucking good, it's on her MySpace.

Marie put her album out last year. First single made it to #24 on the Billboard. Seen her on MTV and other crap as well. Second album coming out in a month or so and it's completely different sound. Has those beats and hooks behind her voice and I think it may break her out as a household name.

Cherry has done some originals. Still needs a little work on song craftmanship (to steal TescoVee's analysis) and would like to hear her sing something a little more uptempo and not so sad. She has a song called "Thick Skin" that I think is pretty fucking good, it's on her MySpace.

Marie put her album out last year. First single made it to #24 on the Billboard. Seen her on MTV and other crap as well. Second album coming out in a month or so and it's completely different sound. Has those beats and hooks behind her voice and I think it may break her out as a household name.
I like the dark stuff, I hope she stays away from the neon pink songs. My favorite band is now big, but they toured tiny club to tiny club for many many years.. they never sold out: Wilco.

While I am not a huge Wilco fan, I can say that anyone that likes them or has them as their favorite band earns lots of respect in my eyes for their taste in music. Props to you.:thumbsup

Now if you had said Nickelback.:doh1

While I am not a huge Wilco fan, I can say that anyone that likes them or has them as their favorite band earns lots of respect in my eyes for their taste in music. Props to you.:thumbsup

Now if you had said Nickelback.:doh1
Nickelback.. I read the Playboy interview with their lead singer Chad Kroger (or something like that) and he was talking about having a big penis. I was like, "OK, real meaningful musician here".. talking about loving to get laid and being good at it... dude has to be the biggest douche in the world :hangt

I have not seen someone march through Atlanta like the Fish just did since General Sherman blazed through it. (OK, I didn't see that either but ancient guys like Shrink and Viejo told me about it, LOL).

I do believe it is on to the nation's capital this weekend and unless President Obama orders some kind of filibuster or the league mandates the Marlins lose again then the Fish are taking over that town.

Now playing at theaters "Mr. Hanley goes to Washington".

Where's the magic number guy at?:doh1

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Amazing...H. Ramirez goes 0-5 and the Fish cruise to victory and sweep the Braves....

GD, you are on to something....

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

After a game and three innings, I can confidently say that they are once again the team of destiny. Obviously they are headed to a world series showdown against the Red Sox where Beckett and Lowell will rip off their Boston jerseys to reveal Marlins colors underneath. It will be the greatest swerve since Fuji threw salt in Hogan's eyes. Let's just hope that the refrigerator magnet schedule I received is correct and the Marlins do indeed play the Nationals for all 162 games.

Beckett and Lowell. Sounds like a law firm.

Despite the league mandating they give the Nats 5 runs in the first inning of every game now, the Fish came from behind thanks to today's Marlin man-crush Jeremy Hermida to win yet again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/233533-marlins-peaking-at-right-time

After the Phillies swept the Marlins to start the post-All-Star break, the Marlins' playoff hopes were unrealistic.
The Marlins couldn't hit the ball, and the back end of the starting rotation was horrible so who can blame anyone for not taking the Marlins seriously as a legitimate playoff contender especially with them going out of the West Coast after being swept by the Phillies.

Second of all, the Marlins earned the respect of the Phillies with the sweep, and now the Phillies need to start taking the Marlins seriously as a challenger in the NL East.
It's amazing how the Marlins leaped from a team waiting for next year to a team contending for the Wild Card and the NL East.