Trivia time!!! What pitcher has a lifetime record of 23-1 and ERA of 2.46 against one team??

PO69

EOG Master
Re: Trivia time!!! What pitcher has a lifetime record of 23-1 and ERA of 2.46 against one team??

This guy pitches tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Trivia time!!! What pitcher has a lifetime record of 23-1 and ERA of 2.46 against one team??

Oswalt vs the Reds 91023i2ndw;l

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Mr Oswalt vs the Reds.

Thanks for the reminder. :cheers

oakas

EOG Addicted

Roy Oswalt

PO69

EOG Master

Can I guess?????

ROY FUCKING OSWALT!!

THE WIZARD OF OZ!!!

THE BULLDOZER

oakas

EOG Addicted

TRIVIA TIME

Who was the last switch hitter to win the American League MVP Award?

PO69

EOG Master

Willie McGee?

PO69

EOG Master

Wasnt he the leading hitter in the American League at the All-Star break and was traded to the NL?

oakas

EOG Addicted

Wasnt he the leading hitter in the American League at the All-Star break and was traded to the NL?

I think you have that backwards, PO69.

I think he led the National League in hitting and was traded to the Oakland A's in 1990.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I think Blue won it in 71 and I remember they had him listed as a sh ...

before that I think it had to be Mantle

oakas

EOG Addicted

Vida Blue

Yep.

I guarentee if you ask this question to an avid baseball fan they will not get it.

Great trivia question.:cheers

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

ask them this one:

The Orioles 4some in 70 or 71 (sorry ... I think it was 71 is my guess) that won 20 each:

Pat Dobson ususally is the hold up to completing that answer

bmw530i

EOG Member

Vida was fantastic in this RBI baseball game.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I miss that team ...

Bando
Rudi
Campy
Tenace
Catfish
Reggie

That was fun shit to watch ....

kid44

EOG Dedicated

I miss that team ...

Bando
Rudi
Campy
Tenace
Catfish
Reggie

That was fun shit to watch ....

Loved that team also but hated the uniforms. Wasn't Rollie with them?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Shit

I forgot about Mr Mustache !!!

I am trying to remember the CF: was it Billy North?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

anyone remember the Mike Andrews / Finley deal in the World Series ??

I think it was the 73 matchup vs the Mets ...

something about Finley wanting Andrews to claim he was injured when he
made back to back errors like in the 11th inning

I dont remember the entire story but I remember ol Kuhn I think got involved

Classic ... ohhh for the good ol days !!!

oakas

EOG Addicted

I remember the Mike Andrews incident very well.
Finley forced Andrews to sign a phony affidavit saying he was hurt, but Williams stood behind Andrews and really pissed off Finley.

Great trivia question.....Who did Finley want to replace Andrews with?
answer...Manny Trillo

The Athletics were a very interesting team in the 70's.
Every player hated Finley's guts. Sal Bando especially disliked him.

The players fought amongst themselves, but when they took the field they were a great team. I remember Reggie and Blue Moon Odom would have fist fights all the time in the clubhouse.

I have followed this team since they moved to Oakland in 1968. Have some great memories with this team.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Doc Ellis would have a perfect addition to that team

didnt he pitch a no hitter high on drugs?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

didn't Holtzman win 20 yrs with them the yr they went to the series vs
the Mets?

I think they had 3 20 game winners that year ....

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

wasnt the Series named something like the

HAIRS VS THE SQUARES?

Maybe not vs the Mets but didn't they play the Reds one year??

Fuck it .... these damn bloody marys kill my brain cells

oakas

EOG Addicted

Holtzman, Vida Blue and Catfish Hunter were all 20 game winners in 1973.

I think Catfish was like 21-5 that year.

I remember Darold Knowles pitched in every World Series game that year.

The Hairs vs The Squares was the 1972 World Series with the Reds.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I remember Rudi making that catch off the wall in Cincy ...

oakas

EOG Addicted

I remember Rudi making that catch off the wall in Cincy ...

I met Rudi up in the Twin Cities one time. He was a very quiet guy.
He opened up a Sporting Goods Store in the San Fran area after retiring from baseball.