Mo, how is the reading coming along?

Remember a month of two ago you said you were going to try and start reading or taking up a new hobby. Had a few suggestions in the thread. Seems I see you into every game every night, which is fine but wondering if you stopped to smell the roses so to speak.

Personally, I've been watching a ton of movies and trying to catch up on my reading list. Ton of award nominated stuff and currently struggling like hell with an 800-page tome that I wish like hell I hadn't consigned myself to finishing.

mofome

Banned
Re: Mo, how is the reading coming along?

I am into just about every game every night, working for a gambling forum does it. The only bit if reading I added to the routine is actually a Bible. Never read it before, I got one and have been reading a bit before bed each night.

Props to that then. I took the time to read it cover to cover a few years back. Not intended as a shot at you or anyone else, but reflecting on what I wrote in my asylum b.r. blog that the games are not the be-all, end-all and living and dying by every swing or shot runs its course.

As I said previously, running a book took as much joy out of sports as anything. When rooting on your loyal teams takes a backseat to covering a spread for a few dollars, it is time to re-evaluate.

Props to that then. I took the time to read it cover to cover a few years back. Not intended as a shot at you or anyone else, but reflecting on what I wrote in my asylum b.r. blog that the games are not the be-all, end-all and living and dying by every swing or shot runs its course.

As I said previously, running a book took as much joy out of sports as anything. When rooting on your loyal teams takes a backseat to covering a spread for a few dollars, it is time to re-evaluate.
It does make sports less entertaining.. its all about the win. So does fantasy for that matter.
However, I play all the games... (searching for the pic of the slobbering junkie)

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I know this probably means nothing to you, coming from me, but this is the smartest and/or wisest thing anyone has ever said on these forums.

I bet a sickening amount of games Mr. Sanderson. The large majority of them I never see a single play and anything more than the final score thought. We should never confuse our betting/gambling with entertainment if we wish to make a serious profit.

I bet a sickening amount of games Mr. Sanderson. The large majority of them I never see a single play and anything more than the final score thought. We should never confuse our betting/gambling with entertainment if we wish to make a serious profit.
i read slouching towards fargo a few weeks ago.. great book. baseball book about the st. paul saints and their energetic owner.

Timely,
It does mean something and I appreciate someone gets it. I have my moments but as I get older I realize what is more important and what is not. I also realize that I still have a ton to learn and realize.

Someone once said to me, "the day you stop learning is the day you stop living". That is something that has stuck to me.

I assume that is about Veeck's kid right, Sanderson. I apologize if this thread is going a bit off topic and perhaps educational.

Soon enough we can pull out the ruler and measure e-dicks, right?

Timely,
It does mean something and I appreciate someone gets it. I have my moments but as I get older I realize what is more important and what is not. I also realize that I still have a ton to learn and realize.

Someone once said to me, "the day you stop learning is the day you stop living". That is something that has stuck to me.
the only thing i learned the last 5 years is that my dick is getting smaller.
is that a bad sign?

I assume that is about Veeck's kid right, Sanderson. I apologize if this thread is going a bit off topic and perhaps educational.

Soon enough we can pull out the ruler and measure e-dicks, right?
my e-dick is even smaller than the real one. i dont wanna do that... :LMAO.. yes, it is. the veeck's are awesome guys.

mofome

Banned

Im not worried about the few dollars, its just hard to find any forum of competition at the age of 28. Its the wins and the losses for me, not the money.

I'm familiar a bit with the St. Paul story going back to the days when I subscribed to Baseball America. Will have to put that one on the list to look at in the library.

Back off topic, pretty sure my e-dick is smaller than your e-dick. I did not pat myself on the back today.2348ji23e

I'm familiar a bit with the St. Paul story going back to the days when I subscribed to Baseball America. Will have to put that one on the list to look at in the library.

Back off topic, pretty sure my e-dick is smaller than your e-dick. I did not pat myself on the back today.2348ji23e
here is mine:

yours is smaller than that?

"Where the red fern grows" is solid shit Dobler.

If you really want to read the Doberman files, I suggest "Under the Volcano" by Malcolm Lowry. It's sort of a night out with GD meet TTinCo in Mexico/Costa Rica. Solid as fuck reading.

"Where the red fern grows" is solid shit Dobler.

If you really want to read the Doberman files, I suggest "Under the Volcano" by Malcolm Lowry. It's sort of a night out with GD meet TTinCo in Mexico/Costa Rica. Solid as fuck reading.

I'll have to check it out...I started this book called Rich Dad Poor Dad and it was depressing as all hell for me. As was the last book I just read which was a 90 page thriller about this writer suffering from depression. So I need something a bit more uplifting.

Shit, just the thought of you and TT in Costa Rica is uplifting.

Here's a tip: If you get depressed, look at your freaking wife numbnuts.

Under the Volcano is about an alcoholic and his journey into nothingness. Very apropos. I just jerked off to Michelle Kwan courtside at the Laker game, so in the words of Farnaby "sadiddy".

At least hang in until my alt-version of Ridgemont High comes to fruition. I'd love to say I'd take over at your pad if you ever offed yourself, but dammit 3 little kids is like Bob Marley said "three little birds" everything gone be all right. Not even Diane Court could persuade me, blacked out sushi or not. Maybe if she was darker my friend.

Take me to the other side. Welcome to the show.

A. Jones,
Patterson's early stuff, Alex Cross series, as good as it gets for easy reading, crime/drama type stuff. Certainly an excellent starting point for those getting into reading. Good call.:thumbsup

Just bought the whole cross series, just finished the Womens Murder club series and loved it.... Also reading Nora Roberts as JD ROBB in DEATH series.. fantastic stuff

About 5 months ago, I read a fictional forensics novel called "Scarpetta".. very detailed, ... dont take a paragraph off.

A. Jones,
Grab Dashiell Hammett, "The Maltese Falcon" at the library when you get a chance. Easy as shit read but a masterpiece. Whether you have seen the movie or not.

Here's a tip: If you get depressed, look at your freaking wife numbnuts.

Under the Volcano is about an alcoholic and his journey into nothingness. Very apropos. I just jerked off to Michelle Kwan courtside at the Laker game, so in the words of Farnaby "sadiddy".

At least hang in until my alt-version of Ridgemont High comes to fruition. I'd love to say I'd take over at your pad if you ever offed yourself, but dammit 3 little kids is like Bob Marley said "three little birds" everything gone be all right. Not even Diane Court could persuade me, blacked out sushi or not. Maybe if she was darker my friend.

Take me to the other side. Welcome to the show.

A Darkness Visible...about an alcoholic writer and his journey into nothingness, or suicide.

Offed is that really a word?

Gimme the author of it Lloyd. Will get into it.

I'm serious about the screenplay and I have two books in can, one non-fiction one fiction.

Non-fiction been somewhat discussed here about my journey into the gambling world, digging the title I came up with but up to publisher.

Non-fiction one is sick and incorporates lots of people in my 14 years in town. It's from the Irish point of view but not the bullshit J. Joyce, Donleavy, longwinded bullshit I can write point of view but the stream of consciousness shit that made Mister Suspenders Larry King famous.

Yeah, I'm fucked up but I got an island full of dancers. Haha in the words of ej.

Lloyd lloyd null and void.
Do you mean from William Styron. He's kinda someone that means something to me through others and that is the book. Damn.

Sobriety.

gofur876

EOG Addicted

I just read a book called "The Brass Verdict".... great read. Lawyer/murder case...

IF we're talking mystery writers, now you're getting into the higher echelon. Patterson, Robb, Wood, et all are HACKS pure & simple, as for Roberts there is NO woman alive that can properly do justice to any male author of the genre. They're just not "edgy" enough. Michael Connelly (Brass Verdict), try Lost Light great. He heads a list of guys who write gritty believable fiction. Stephen Hiunter (Point of Impact) an all timer, John Sandford, his "prey" series great fast read and not a lot of "feeling" BS to clutter up the chase. LeHane (Mystic River), Greg Iles, a recent addition who I love T. Jefferson Parker, may be too much characterization for some. GDhow right you are!! My advancing yrs have taught me a few things, as the smartest guy I ever knew and my lifelong BEST friend once said, "you won't regret as much the things you did as much as what you missed"!! Also from a very special Lady, "never wish away time"! 28 JESUS what I'd give to travel THAT road again. Mo there's more to life than this shit, believe me.:cheers

IF we're talking mystery writers, now you're getting into the higher echelon. Patterson, Robb, Wood, et all are HACKS pure & simple, as for Roberts there is NO woman alive that can properly do justice to any male author of the genre. They're just not "edgy" enough. Michael Connelly (Brass Verdict), try Lost Light great. He heads a list of guys who write gritty believable fiction. Stephen Hiunter (Point of Impact) an all timer, John Sandford, his "prey" series great fast read and not a lot of "feeling" BS to clutter up the chase. LeHane (Mystic River), Greg Iles, a recent addition who I love T. Jefferson Parker, may be too much characterization for some. GDhow right you are!! My advancing yrs have taught me a few things, as the smartest guy I ever knew and my lifelong BEST friend once said, "you won't regret as much the things you did as much as what you missed"!! Also from a very special Lady, "never wish away time"! 28 JESUS what I'd give to travel THAT road again. Mo there's more to life than this shit, believe me.:cheers

Thanks, and I will check it out. Brass Verdict was very fun to follow as well. If it doesnt have some edge or uncomfort to it, I prolly wont like it. Same with film for me.

What your friend says about time is right. The last 7 years I regret not sacking up and learning more of myself... :thumbsup The years start ZOOMING by, that I know. Thanks.

Gimme the author of it Lloyd. Will get into it.

I'm serious about the screenplay and I have two books in can, one non-fiction one fiction.

Non-fiction been somewhat discussed here about my journey into the gambling world, digging the title I came up with but up to publisher.

Non-fiction one is sick and incorporates lots of people in my 14 years in town. It's from the Irish point of view but not the bullshit J. Joyce, Donleavy, longwinded bullshit I can write point of view but the stream of consciousness shit that made Mister Suspenders Larry King famous.

Yeah, I'm fucked up but I got an island full of dancers. Haha in the words of ej.

Yep, styron. I'm more interested in Doberman's writings, send me the manuscript(s) and I'll send you mine when I'm finished.