I like basketball Much more than hockey, but its not close: NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs

mofome

Banned
Not even close. The fans are better, the players are nuts, the games are fast, the talent is ridiculous, no one wins by 64, and no one misses a playoff game because they their nose got a boo boo.

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: I like basketball Much more than hockey, but its not close: NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs

playoff hockey > any other playoff sport

regular season hockey < any other regular season sport

seems come playoff time, hockey just flips a switch and jumps into a whole nother gear

mofome

Banned
Re: I like basketball Much more than hockey, but its not close: NHL Playoffs > NBA Playoffs

football playoffs are the best. lets not get carried away mr tucker.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

football playoffs are the best. lets not get carried away mr tucker.

wildcard weekend blows...

every round of hockey is non stop action

Mo, its just too bad you root for the Caps!

Penguins are goona whoop em!!!:+excited-

mofome

Banned

Damn...i love wc weekend and each other weekend.

pucks is sick the entire time.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Best of any playoffs, by far, IMO. Although this Bulls vs. Celtics series has been one of the three best series I've ever seen. NHL still is the best, when it comes to the playoffs.

mofome

Banned

Mo, its just too bad you root for the Caps!

Penguins are goona whoop em!!!:+excited-

oooooooooh shit buddy! Its on like donkey kong!

:houra:houra:houra

Tuckman

Uh Poster

now trying to find a playoff hockey game on tv other then saturday is not exactly simple

mofome

Banned

now trying to find a playoff hockey game on tv other then saturday is not exactly simple

you have the mlb package? they have nhl playoffs on mine.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

you have the mlb package? they have nhl playoffs on mine.

i wouldnt watch it enough to pay for it, i have neglected to even watch the nba playoffs for the most part since baseball started.. i just love baseball to much..other then lakers and the boston/ bulls series i havent watched a single game i dont think thru the first round

mofome

Banned

i wouldnt watch it enough to pay for it, i have neglected to even watch the nba playoffs for the most part since baseball started.. i just love baseball to much..other then lakers and the boston/ bulls series i havent watched a single game i dont think thru the first round

I think it just comes with the mlb package, i didnt pay for NHL anything but I get the nhl playoffs on the package.

I havent watched 5 minutes of the nba playoffs.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

I think it just comes with the mlb package, i didnt pay for NHL anything but I get the nhl playoffs on the package.

no shit, i would have never known, its just below the mlb package and i get it, it seems :cheers

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

you guys are - brace yourselves for harsh reality - retarded.

hockey blows. nba playoffs are bested only by a regular college football saturday in the fall.

NCAA Football
NBA Playoffs
World Cup Soccer
March Madness
NFL Playoffs
Masters/US Open/PGA Championship
MLB Playoffs

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The sports package, which I'm sure you have, comes with VS.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Warrack, many would tell you that there's nothing better than the NHL playoffs.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

many people would also tell me that cocaine is good. doesn't mean they're right.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i agree that the nhl playoffs are incredible

what i dont understand is why espn stopped carrying them yrs ago?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

So if ESPN doesn't carry it, they suck? 2348ji23e

I didn't know that ESPN carried the NFL playoffs.

The NHL playoffs are amazing. You probably live in the south though, and I can understand where you're coming from. I don't understand the love for Nascar and a ton of people down south love it.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

"So if ESPN doesn't carry it, they suck?"

i never said that. just an indictment of the sport that the only channel that will pick it up is Versus (and NBC once every couple weeks?).

it's just not enjoyable to watch for people that weren't born and raised with it.

i used to live in the south, but i've lived in the north longer than i did the south.

and i hate nascar. it's worse than hockey.

mofome

Banned

no shit, i would have never known, its just below the mlb package and i get it, it seems :cheers

haha yeah the first couple channels are pucks.

:houra

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

So if ESPN doesn't carry it, they suck? 2348ji23e

I didn't know that ESPN carried the NFL playoffs.

The NHL playoffs are amazing. You probably live in the south though, and I can understand where you're coming from. I don't understand the love for Nascar and a ton of people down south love it.

i live in the west, used to watch the NHL playoffs on espn with gary thorne announcing in the early and mid-90's and i can assure you it was a very special thing to watch

any network can carry the NFL playoffs and they will succeed because america dies for football, but with hockey, espn did it justice in a way that Versus channel does not IMO

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Vs. has great broadcasters and analysts. The best in the hockey business, IMO.

FLIP-A-COIN

EOG Addicted

Fricking joke that the Carolina - Jersey game couldnt be seen by most of us last night. That is the leagues problem in a nutshell. The clowns running it have got no clue how to run a league.

We had to watch the 3 stooges in the studio review all the first round match ups while a classic game was being played out in Jersey. Typical of Bettman and his clown posse.

Hey Mo, guess what, PENS IN 5, 6 if Fleury has a bad game.:cheers

Mammon

EOG Master

Nhl Playoff Fantasy Hockey is the best too. Your players got to keep winning to keep scoring. Incredible idea.

Mamon, any big parlays to root in tonight?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I'll bet Smithton or Flip that Pitt doesn't win in 5. I'll bet you 150 to win 100? Pay via pay-pal the day after.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Fricking joke that the Carolina - Jersey game couldnt be seen by most of us last night. That is the leagues problem in a nutshell. The clowns running it have got no clue how to run a league.

We had to watch the 3 stooges in the studio review all the first round match ups while a classic game was being played out in Jersey. Typical of Bettman and his clown posse.

Hey Mo, guess what, PENS IN 5, 6 if Fleury has a bad game.:cheers

Totally relate. Last night there are two east coast games and no west coast games. Monday night there are no early games, two late. We had a full bar Saturday night for the Calgary-Chicago game. I live an hour outside of Chicago (but cannot get the game on the dish unless I have the package, which I do). Versus shows the 1st period of the game, then shows the whole Anaheim-San Jose game. WTF is that?

Just horrible marketing, and those NBC games are the worst.

Just keeping it real here -

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

No problem with that Smith. GL and get yourself some better odds. I completely understand.

tripp

EOG Master

Agree. I wouldn't call hockey playoffs the best though.

I still prefer college football, nfl players, a great mlb series, and college hoops over it.

nba playoffs are lame unless you have a few good matchups. i won't be watching hardly any of the playoffs. i'd rather watch a regular season yankees game. when it's clev/lakers in the finals then i'll give a shit, but until then it's just a bunch of teams playing for worse draft picks and more revenue with more games.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

tripp, nba playoff games are the most competitive, back-and-forth action i've ever seen in any sport.

the ability of so many players to get a bucket with 10 seconds left, to answer a big fadeaway with a three from the corner on the other end, etc., makes it unbelievably dramatic/exciting.

i think the people that don't watch a lot of nba games and aren't big fans are the people that haven't really tuned into the games for awhile. today's NBA is as good as it's ever been.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Now lets take care of that crybaby Crosby.Pulling for the CAPS.