GD: Somewhere Between Somnambulism and Psychosis

Re: GD: Somewhere Between Somnambulism and Psychosis

7dust, K's Choice (great band BTW, I think they broke up though, if siblings do that), and a bunch of very random people. I'd say Page 7 of the GDSBSAP is up there on the top 10 EOG page lists.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

7dust, K's Choice (great band BTW, I think they broke up though, if siblings do that), and a bunch of very random people. I'd say Page 7 of the GDSBSAP is up there on the top 10 EOG page lists.

I agree. Big fan of Sevendust.

I had a virus going on like three weeks and the creativity was just not there. Had to put "The Eucalpytus Tragedy" on the backburner and reading classical literature and watching movies started getting to be old hat.

Knowing that FairWarning is reading, that ups the viewership past the number you can count on one finger, and perhaps has inspired me to aspire to greater heights (or maybe it is just inspired me to perspire?).

That and the fact that the loop tape at Disneyland really wasn't lying, "It's a small world after all". What's up Mahlia?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Is there a Nielson's Rating for the internet? Thats OK Doberman. The ones who follow your thread are cult-like. Some people don't get it. Just don't sell out to the masses.

Actually the ones who follow me are literate. Thus the paltry attendance figures in the stadium of Doberville. I suppose I could arrange a short bus field trip down here complete with coloring books and milk and cookies for the masses but then once they find out that we take off for spelling it would be an exercise in futility. Such is the conundrum of being the internet equivalent of Sisyphus.

Men with the intelligence of 3rd graders do much better with pictures GD

Even this one might be a little hard for most here to comprehend

And for the rest of our friends that wish to print it off for their own entertainment, for the last time please color IN the lines and NO eating the crayons:

Here's a solid article on NFL draft prospect Michael Oher from USA Today on Friday:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap align=middle> <SCRIPT> OAS_RICH("VerticalBanner")</SCRIPT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE id=topTools cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR _implied_="true"><TD _implied_="true"><INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=hiddenMacValue> <INPUT type=hidden value=0 name=hiddenMacPrintValue></TD></TR><TR><TD>From homeless to the NFL: Oher's journey to draft unique</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

By Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY
OXFORD, Miss. ? He was two years old, maybe, he figures. They were walking alone, dangerously on the side of a highway. Just Michael Oher and his brothers. He has no idea where they were headed, or their condition when they arrived. Details are fuzzy.
But he swears it happened. Oher still sees the cars speeding by, a snippet in the back of his mind.
It is the earliest memory of his life.

MOCK DRAFT: Our analysts project the first round
PHOTOS: Best O-linemen available
THE TOP 500: Track the risers and fallers
"That's all I can remember," Oher, 22, a projected first-round NFL draft pick, said as he tore into a shrimp po' boy last week. "We were trying to get to where we needed to be."

The vision apparently does not haunt, badger or even slightly irritate Oher, a survivor who now tools along highways in a black Hummer. He seeks no explanation.
"It means absolutely nothing now," he says, cheerfully.
Like so many perilous encounters from his life, it rolls more than it lingers.
TEAM NEEDS IN THE DRAFT: AFC | NFC
Meet Michael Oher (pronounced OAR), a 6-5, 309-pound All-America tackle from the University of Mississippi who is the subject of a best-selling book ?The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game, which is being turned into a movie ? but until a few years ago was legally Michael Williams.
Among 13 siblings from the poorest part of Memphis, he never knew his father, whose murder he learned of months after the fact in high school. His mother, Denise Oher, was addicted to crack cocaine. The kids were scattered about.
Michael attended 11 schools in nine years.If not in a foster home, he lived with friends. He was homeless.
"As I look back on stuff, it's crazy how I got here," he says. "But it didn't seem tough at the time. I just lived day to day, did the best I could."
A turning point came when Tony Henderson, who allowed Michael to crash on his sofa, brought him along when he took his son Steven to enroll at Briarcrest Christian School on the other side of town. Oher ultimately was admitted as a special-needs case.
Another pivotal moment occurred during his first Thanksgiving break, when Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy spotted Oher as they drove past a bus stop near the school. It was snowing. Oher, then 16, was dressed in a T-shirt and shorts.
Sean, then a volunteer assistant basketball coach at the school who had met Oher at the gym, says Leigh Anne grabbed the wheel. Next came a U-turn.
"She cried the second she met him, and it was over," Sean recalls.
The Tuohys took in Oher, allowing him a safety net in their home in upscale East Memphis two blocks from the school. For months he came and went as he pleased, and Leigh Anne worried when he didn't spend the night. They hired a tutor to address severe academic deficiencies, paid his tuition and gave him a wardrobe and other essentials. Sean says the generosity was not the result of any epiphany or even as much as a family meeting.
"We think God sent him to us," Sean says. "Earthly explanations don't make sense."
Book description in dispute
About a year later, Oher moved in permanently with the wealthy white family. Before Oher's senior year in high school, the Tuohys ? with daughter Collins at Briarcrest and a younger son, Sean Jr. ? became his legal guardians.
"They've got big hearts," Oher says. "To take somebody from my neighborhood into your house? Nobody does that. I don't think I'd even do that. I'd help you out, but with a daughter and with all the violence and drugs where I come from ... they didn't have to do that. I owe a lot to them."
Oher, who quickly blossomed into a highly recruited college prospect, detests his depiction in Michael Lewis' book, which was released in 2006 and reached No. 1 on the New York Times best-seller list.
Lewis, who gained access as a longtime classmate of Sean Tuohy's, wrote that, according to Memphis school system files, Oher had a "measured IQ of 80" when he applied to Briarcrest and he portrayed scenes in which Oher was uncommunicative in various settings.
After revealing at the NFL scouting combine that he didn't read the book, Oher did exactly that within the past few weeks.
"The part about me not being smart, that's the only thing that got to me," said Oher, who made the honor roll in 2006 and maintains that he is 15 credits shy of earning a degree in criminal justice. "He's got to sell books. But reading that, I went back and talked to him. I mean, how can anybody like that do the things I've done?"
Asked if his opinion fueled friction with the Tuohys, Oher said, "I can't let something that small cause a problem. Especially with people who helped me."
Sean says the book is "nearly 100% accurate" but suspects Oher doesn't account for changes in his makeup since the book was reported. He said Oher's grade-point average as a high school sophomore was 0.3.
"I guess that's not stuff he wants to remember," Sean says.
'Character and perseverance'
I love you.
Oher surely remembers that statement. It came from Leigh Anne when he was 18, and it was the first time anyone ever uttered those words to him.
When he has kids, Oher says, they will hear it early and often.
This sentimental side he wears like body armor. As much as he aspires to become an NFL star, Oher envisions himself as a family man and supportive dad.
"He has such character and perseverance," says Collins Tuohy, 22, set to graduate from Ole Miss next month. "Obviously, he's changed and matured over the years. But we all do between the ages of 15 and 23."
Collins and Oher have a tight bond. It began when she helped him adjust to Briarcrest. It strengthened as they attended the same college. Oher took Collins to the hospital when she was ill and got the call when there was a flat tire.
"He mentors me; I mentor him," Collins says. "It just depends on the day."
As she prepared to accompany Oher to New York, where he is one of nine prospects invited to draft headquarters, Collins sounded like a typical sister.
"I'm a bit nervous," she said. "I really don't want him trucking off to some faraway place."
Sean Jr., meanwhile, might become the recipient of a big gift: Oher's Hummer.
The youngest Tuohy kept the wheels while Oher visited several NFL teams on a whirlwind tour this month.
"He can't stay out of it," Oher says. "I might give it to him."
There are other brothers and sisters, but Oher hardly expresses strong connections with biological siblings.
He's closest to his oldest brother, Marcus, who works in the cleaning business.
Another brother, Deljuan, died in a car crash. Other siblings, he says, are "here and there."
Oher doesn't speak to his biological mother.
"I can't relate to her at all," he says. "We're in different situations now. But for someone to keep doing the same thing, which got all of her kids taken away, it kind of breaks your heart."
In demand at left tackle
Oher's dramatic background undoubtedly was discovered because of his athletic skill. In NFL terms, he's a big man with quick feet, which teams covet for the premium left tackle post that protects the quarterback's blind side (thus, the book title). Right tackles usually get blocking help from tight ends; left tackles are often left alone in matchups against explosive pass rushers.
The increasing value of the position was evident in 2008, when a record eight tackles were drafted in the first round and guaranteed a combined $92.76 million.

VIDEO: What makes Oher a premier tackle prospect
With an impressive Senior Bowl, Oher cemented his first-round status. Some rate him a top-10 pick.
At least four tackles are expected to become first-round picks Saturday, a point hammered home by the list of eight teams he visited and a ninth that came for a private workout.
"You never know what's going to happen," he says. "It's wait-and-see."
Mississippi offensive line coach Mike Markuson has taken several calls from NFL teams. He tells them Oher is outstanding on run-action blocks in which he fires off the snap to sell the run, then shifts to pass protection.
One question inevitably comes up: How is he going to react when paid millions of dollars?
"He's going to work," Markuson, Oher's third college position coach, says he tells them. "The game is important to him."
Tuohy, once a record-setting point guard who led Ole Miss to a Southeastern Conference title in 1981 and currently a radio analyst for the NBA's Memphis Grizzlies, thinks Oher's NFL career ultimately will be shaped by the traits that helped him beat life's adversities.
A competitive fire. A willingness to accept input. An easygoing demeanor.
"He's not mad at anybody," Tuohy says. "He should be. He has a lot of fire but no anger. God has blessed him with way more than physical ability."
Tuohy learned something significant about Oher a few years ago, when they were in the process of getting his driver's license and had trouble finding Social Security records. They discovered Oher's legal surname was Williams ? his biological father's name. He never knew, as school records listed him as Oher.
"I hit the ceiling, 'How could that happen?' " Tuohy says. "But it didn't bother him a lick. He just wanted that driver's license."
Says Oher: "I don't dwell on anything. I'm not going to feel sorry for myself because I didn't have a place to stay a lot of time. It is what it is. We've got to go through some things in life. Take it and run with it."
Oher can never forget what he's endured. He says he can't pass a homeless person on the street without digging into his pocket and offering money. "I know how hard it is," he says.
Holidays spark memories, too. They were never special. Oher would go outside on Christmas and watch other kids play with their new toys. Birthdays were not to be celebrated, either.
"I went through a lot of those with nothing," he says. "That's why it's just another date to me."
Oher also has a firm grasp on this exact moment in time.
"I'm fulfilling my dream," he says. "It's unbelievable, too."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!--Article End--><!--Bibliography Goes Here--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Here's my good deed/persective thing of the day. I read an article that really touched me it was about a website/foundation called wish upon a hero. Basically it allows people to make requests and other people can anonymously grant them. Some of the stories are truly heart-rendering. If you get a minute browse the site at www.wishuponahero.com. Thanks.

For Lloyd, from the road:

Circa 1998, ish. Las Vegas. Some goddamn country bar that's within a stone's throw of Boulder Station. I had gone there the night before only to discover to my horror it was not alternative night but rather line dancing lessons. Making a beeline to the bathroom with a full beer from the tub just outside the entrance. Beer ends up sitting half-full on the urinal as a cowboy complete with hat and shitkicking boots interrupts me mid-stream with a howdy that gives me Jon Voigt "Midnight Cowboy" flashbacks. Probably one of only a handful of beers that I have violated by leaving undrinken through the years.

The next night I get it right. Cute Aussie girl at the bar during the warmup band.

-You're Sarah right?

-Only if you are the Doberman.

-Nice to finally meet.

-Didn't you promise me a tequila shot?

-Didn't you promise a song shout out?

-We haven't gone on yet tosser.

- Barkeep, two tequilas please.

Sure enough mid-concert, Sarah holds up her end of the bargain. Post-concert I reach higher consciousness for the first of what would be many times in my Vegas barnstorming days. That night I didn't just drink with Jesus, I drank with the Superjesus.

Fast forward a decade and I'm at my local watering hole slash pub the Crown and Anchor. Discussing Australian music with the bartender from down under we plunder the usual suspects, Midnight Oil, Men at Work, INXS. Even going to the netherends of Aussie music like the Baby Animals and getting a disapproving nod from the lad in charge of dispensing the drafts, I pull out my ace in the hole.

-Ever heard of the Superjesus?

-The fucking Superjesus, I went to school with one of the blokes. How the hell do you know them?

-I got fucked up on tequila with them one night.

-I bet you've gotten fucked up with a lot of obscure people.

Indeed, the Doberman has, indeed.

A few appendices:

A) I know undrinken is not a word. It is there for literary effect.

B) I wish I could write something more than a paragraph without using the word "fuck". It greatly limits my commercial audience.

C) I don't know what happened to The Superjesus but I do know Sarah went solo with limited success and the guitarist gives guitar lessons.

D) The bar the Aussie bartender worked at is the same one that I was hammered and fucked with Pink one night. On a different night I tried to fight David Tua and his two bodyguards. I do not have the best judgement when obliterated apparently.

E) Chocolate Puma may be one of the top 10 greatest band names ever. Even if they are techno and that shit always reminds me either of blowing too much money with strippers at some shithole like Utopia or that damn movie named "Go" which I guess I would understand a lot better if I ever dabbled in ecstasy. Nevertheless I used to furiously masturbate to Katie Holmes, in said movie or otherwise. Of course that was all highly acceptable pre-Tom Cruise days.

F) Kurt Vonnegut was right, "always use sunscreen".

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Kady apparently tried out for AI5, which would mean she was 16 at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0YccisaGwY

Kady sporting a new tat on her back. looks like between this new image and this God-awful song, she is starting a downward spiral like her idol Brittany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-VaDm_O9mM

Brittany is clearly a used up skank, but Kady, I could be part of your downward spiral. Get in touch with my people. :+waving-5

Excerpts from the drunken man in a prohibition society

Excerpts from the drunken man in a prohibition society

Consider yourselves privilege to read this shit before you have to spend three-fitty on a latte at Barnes and Noble, yeah all three of you:

The thump-thump of the bed frame cycled like a rhtythm of a Thanksgiving Day parade. Macy's, Macy Gray, we have to do something (do something). She was Columbia. She wore braces. She called me 'loco'. Sticking m tongue in nether regions even the lowest of the low would not digress put one on a pedestal. Soy loco. And in a far away land the brass parades down the street knowing we don't care. Soy loco, indeed. Feels so good.

Twitter update: the wave of euphoria from this liquid elixir has created a staccato symphony of synapses in the helmet on my head.

Greatest news anchor EVERRRRRR:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDlg2JZXp4A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XDlg2JZXp4A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

I highly recommend:

Got Radio- Mashups, Internet Radio.

There's something about Eminem vs. Knight Rider followed by Kelly Clarkson vs. The Bravery that gets the synapses firing.

Good fucking shit.

"Every Bleeding Breath You Take". Leona Lewis/Police Mash-up. I am now officially not leaving the house. Ever Again.

Free Burma.

<SCRIPT src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>_uacct = "UA-2694108-1";urchinTracker();</SCRIPT>

The revolution has turned into a leaky faucet, a very slow drip at that. Please, bring the noise. I'm waiting for some truth.

To quote the great Joe Elliot, perhaps the best lyricist of a generation not so far past

Somewhere in the distance I hear the bells ring