Regarding Records

Tuckman

Uh Poster
First off let me say, i'm sure i have made, 1,2, and possibly 10 mistakes since grading this, i am by all means human and it will happen...The first few weeks of this contest there were upwards to 100 people posting plays daily, so its not impossible for me to grade a play wrong, punch in a play wrong into the calculator, or just click the wrong person and entered the totals into the wrong spot...By all means i'm definatly a culprit to blame if someones record is not right...

Now as for this contest being a lil behind in being graded, first off i will say i have hand graded thurs, fri, sat, and sundays last night and will work on punching them in tonight to try and get this as caught up as i can...I volunteered to do this, not relizing it would take me almost 2 or 3 hours a day at times depending on how many make plays to get it graded...My paying job comes first, if and when i am done with that each day, if i dont have other shit to do, i usually work on this...This past weekend it wasnt possible for me to keep up with it, as my work had to cater to a wedding for over 200 people twice a day for 4 days...i was working 12 to 13 hour shifts each day, ahem why i'm a tad behind on this at the moment...

Now lets get to the other side of the issues with this...People cant seem to follow the rules to save thier lives, i have had people post anywheres from 1 play to 10 plays a day, it clearly states no more then 3 plays per day, but yet some of the people cant comphrehende this...That is almost the least of the issues, cuz i just take the first 3 plays and disregard the rest...Now onto the major issue, first off we were trying to cater to everyone, by allowing people to post 10 minutes before that current game going off, well that didnt pan out, because i'm not sure if u people are retarded or just trying to cheat, but either way we had no choice but to change the rules to the first game of the day...Yet, for some ungodly reason, u brilliant people cant even follow that rule, even if i c ome in and say no more plays allowed, people continue to just post away like it dont matter, even mods for christ sakes, (i wont mention any names ballwonder, btw thanks for helping out that 1 day)...I never really relized how completely stupid some people can be until i started dealing with this contest, how fucking hard is it to follow the rules? Can u certain people not read? Dont care to follow them? Or just think its comical to act like u have tourettes and post plays when they clearly wont count...I would seriously put the romper room kids up against half of u in a common sense test, and u freaks surely wouldnt pass it, its blantely obvious some of u struggle to get thru everyday life if u act like u have in this contest...

Now some of u claim your records are wrong, and its possible i have made some mistakes, but also take into consideration, if u past posted on a play, put in more then 3 plays, or completely missed the deadline and none of yours counted...I'm more then willing to work with anyone to get this right, but i'm not gonna work with someone if they just come in and say u fucked up on my record, fix it...I would be here all day trying to do that, because 1/2 of the plays posted are not even being counted because people cant follow the rules, and if they cant seem to follow the rules i am sure they think those plays counted, in which they didnt...If u feel i made a mistake, its simple, go thru your plays, come up with your own record for what u think u have and then let me know, and i will gladly go thru all of my records and check them with yours, to see if i made a mistake or u did, its as simple as that, but i wont check your records unless u put forth some effort yourself first off...

Re: Regarding Records

Now lets get to the other side of the issues with this...People cant seem to follow the rules to save thier lives, i have had people post anywheres from 1 play to 10 plays a day, it clearly states no more then 3 plays per day, but yet some of the people cant comphrehende this...That is almost the least of the issues, cuz i just take the first 3 plays and disregard the rest...Now onto the major issue, first off we were trying to cater to everyone, by allowing people to post 10 minutes before that current game going off, well that didnt pan out, because i'm not sure if u people are retarded or just trying to cheat, but either way we had no choice but to change the rules to the first game of the day...Yet, for some ungodly reason, u brilliant people cant even follow that rule, even if i c ome in and say no more plays allowed, people continue to just post away like it dont matter, even mods for christ sakes, (i wont mention any names ballwonder, btw thanks for helping out that 1 day)...I never really relized how completely stupid some people can be until i started dealing with this contest, how fucking hard is it to follow the rules? Can u certain people not read? Dont care to follow them? Or just think its comical to act like u have tourettes and post plays when they clearly wont count...I would seriously put the romper room kids up against half of u in a common sense test, and u freaks surely wouldnt pass it, its blantely obvious some of u struggle to get thru everyday life if u act like u have in this contest...

I've previously ran online betting contests at another site and I'll tell you the retardation is not isolated to EOG. A significant portion of contest participants do not follow the rules no matter how many times it is explained to them. I remember a particular contest that had very nearly the exact same rules for 5 years and we had players who amazingly came up with new and inventive ways to go against the rules. I'm talking about players who have played that particular contest for 3 years, who still fucked up. I agree that fuckers like this, who cannot seem to follow simple directions and rules, must be total fuckups offline.

The only solution seems to be to design the contests so that not following the rules has a clear and significant negative effect on their position or rank in the contest. I think once these no-rule-followers lose position or rank because they didn't follow a simple rule, they will either quit the contest (which is good because the grader will not have to continue to sort out their messes) or they will get their act together and follow the rules. It is necessary to implement penalties and even disqualification rules or else you will have your contests full of both the inept idiots, and those who purposefully try to clog up the contest with worthless shit.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

I just got back from vacation and I was not aware that there was a new rule that you had to have your plays in before the first game of the day. I went and re-read the rules before I made my plays to make sure I didnt miss anything and the rules clearly stated that each play must be made 10 minutes before the game you are going to play. I must have missed the new rule somewhere.

These are the rules I read: http://forums.eog.com/shrinks-1-000-king-capper-contest/contest-rules-219743.html

If my plays do not count for today then so be it. I am pretty sure I got them in after the first game started. 2938u4ji23

Tuckman

Uh Poster

I just got back from vacation and I was not aware that there was a new rule that you had to have your plays in before the first game of the day. I went and re-read the rules before I made my plays to make sure I didnt miss anything and the rules clearly stated that each play must be made 10 minutes before the game you are going to play. I must have missed the new rule somewhere.

These are the rules I read: http://forums.eog.com/shrinks-1-000-king-capper-contest/contest-rules-219743.html

If my plays do not count for today then so be it. I am pretty sure I got them in after the first game started. 2938u4ji23

yea we had to change, its stickied on top of the contest forum, hope u had a great vaca :cheers

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Thanks for the efforts Tuck. Maybe it would help to post the 10 minutes before first game of the day and 3 plays max in bold at the top of the lines for every day. Shouldn't have too but a lot of people jump in without reading the rules at all.

I'm willing to grade a couple of weekdays to help out. Feel free to pm as well if you need me to clean up a day for ya.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Thanks for the efforts Tuck. Maybe it would help to post the 10 minutes before first game of the day and 3 plays max in bold at the top of the lines for every day. Shouldn't have too but a lot of people jump in without reading the rules at all.

I'm willing to grade a couple of weekdays to help out. Feel free to pm as well if you need me to clean up a day for ya.

or if someone is around to lock the thread so no more plays even can be posted? that would end all the issues

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

or if someone is around to lock the thread so no more plays even can be posted? that would end all the issues
Sounds good...I'll lock it once the 10 minute deadline passes each day.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Welcome to the world of grading Tuck. Funny how many people think the job is easy and how many people will stand up and grade all these fun contests just to do it, yeah right. I added it up a few weeks back and when this is all said in done, in theory if everyone played to the end you will have graded over 10,000 plays in one month. Welcome to the club and keep up the good work.

Cannon

Banned

Yea top 10. I started my hot run tonight. +3 net units should get top 10 after the contest ends.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Yea top 10. I started my hot run tonight. +3 net units should get top 10 after the contest ends.

+3 net units? this might be why u think your record is wrong.. u would do this site better if u just slipped into a coma and never posted again :thumbsup

let me guess u want a win for the houston game? 91023i2ndw;l

Cannon

Banned

Nope all I have to do is get to +3 units and I am in the top 10. After the rest of these guys start making more plays they will fall back and I will shoot past them. I have my record figured after Monday. I would say mine will be correct after you grade it. Does the Houston game continue tomorrow?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Nope all I have to do is get to +3 units and I am in the top 10. After the rest of these guys start making more plays they will fall back and I will shoot past them. I have my record figured after Monday. I would say mine will be correct after you grade it. Does the Houston game continue tomorrow?

its a no play for everyone, game dont get finished till july 9th

husker

EOG Addicted

i didn't see that plays had to be in by the first game ether. that makes it tough with early starts, but i can see how hard it is to grade plays when they are posted here and there and having to check times. thanks for doing this.

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated

Tuck,

Thanks for grading this, it might be a thankless job, but we really do appreciate it.

Thanks!

JerseyShop101