Yankees are not competitive at all

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
They cannot compete in the AL East. No way over 162 games they could finish ahead of Boston or Tampa. If they somehow beat Toronto for third they played great. They are old unathletic and slow. Since they can't field any roids-monsters anymore, they have lost that scumbag edge.

They have no bench, bullpen or young players worth a damn coming up. So same old, same old.They are old and creaky, now Posada is out and they have nothing to replace him with. Gay-Rod is a disgrace, but the 3rd basemen they have been using are so awful, Gay-Rod, as bad as he is, should be an improvment for once.

I think they should helicopter their half-full clown park to California and ask to be put in the AL West. They might be able to compete in that division. You have to know your place. If you are in the Sun Belt in football, you don't go scheduling 4 SEC non-conference games. Yankees cannot be taking the field versus real teams like the Rays and Red Sox.

Thanks bookies and bettors for making the Red Sox with Beckett a dog tonight to some team that belongs in AAA

That was ducking funny. Thanks for the money

Mr. Smith

EOG Master
Re: Yankees are not competitive at all

I hope the Cubs win a World Series ASAP it would mean a lot to a lot of people

Wait....the straw that stirs the drink comes off the DL friday.

The drink being kool aid of course

tripp

EOG Master

Best hitter has been on the DL, best pitcher is a documented slow starter...they will be fine and they will be in the playoffs.

TB? You know TB is currently below NYY, right? So even with the Yanks slow start and best player not playing at all TB is below them but New York has no chance of finishing ahead of them? Gotcha, solid logic.

Toronto has no chance of finishing above the Yanks. They will be dogs in all three of their home games vs NYY next week. Toronto has 1 pitcher and a lineup that is worse than the Yankees. Great start and they will be a > .500 team most likely, but they are no threat to the Yankees. They would win the Central or the West however.

Can't wait to see A-Rod in this new park. He could hit 60 HR's in a full season

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

which is whay i am on Tampa at NORTH Of +150 Wednesday because even as bad as Tampa has been playing one simply can't pass up that nice a price fading The Evil Empire

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Joe Girardi better get it going....and quickly

Tripp, any wanna be Yankee managers waiting in the wing?

roseman

EOG Dedicated

But they spent all that money during the offseason....:LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Its all fake MR S. Yanks are historically a slow starting team. Their best player is on the DL and their 2nd best player is hitting .200, their best pitcher can't find the zone. Yanks are actually doing well all things considered. They'll hit their stride then watch out. Yanks will break you in half if you aren't careful...they are a sleeping giant

Don't wake them up.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Yankees have a fair shot tonight asSonnanstine is a big pile of dog poop.

But I will take +150 on Rays anyway

mofome

Banned

the yanks have no heart, just a bunch of overpaid celebrities, not a baseball team.

mofome

Banned

You do know that the Yanks lead MLB in attendance at 44,000 per game.

You just see the expensive seats on TV.

so they have a new billion dollar stadium and a billion dollar team in the larget market by far. I hope they lead the league in attendance.

:LMAO:LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

the yanks have no heart, just a bunch of overpaid celebrities, not a baseball team.

That's actually, mostly true.

Their 'leader' Derek Jeter is a freaking pussy who only cares about Derek. The Yankees teams of O'Neill, Brosius, Tino and the like had some heart. They HATED to lose.

Now, you have Jeter with his pussy smile and cologne and Ford commercials, that ain't getting it done.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Their 'leader' Derek Jeter is a freaking pussy who only cares about Derek. The Yankees teams of O'Neill, Brosius, Tino and the like had some heart. They HATED to lose.

Now, you have Jeter with his pussy smile and cologne and Ford commercials, that ain't getting it done.

Paul O'Neill was the f'in man... Loved watching him beat the shit out of the water cooler when he didn't drive in a guy... That guy was the definition of a competitor.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Paul O'Neill was the f'in man... Loved watching him beat the shit out of the water cooler when he didn't drive in a guy... That guy was the definition of a competitor.

I shed a tear and long for the days gone by.

i shed a tear for players that would play for free

I shed a tear for players that would run thru a brick wall to win a game

I shed lots of tears over this passive and heartless yankee team.

its embarrassing.

that's silly. Jetes has heart. Everyone else not so much.

I guess u 4got jeter was on the team when they won all those championships?

weird thing to say
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

After reading this thread, I took the Yankees tonight at -158. (Normally, I don't like betting them as they do tend to get too much vig love.)

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

that's silly. Jetes has heart. Everyone else not so much.

I guess u 4got jeter was on the team when they won all those championships?

He was in the right place at the right time. Also, he was a much better player back then. Now, he's fat cat with no emotion and no leadership.

mofome

Banned

losing again to a AAA pitcher as their 931872 million dollar stud has 62 pitches to just 9 outs.

tripp

EOG Master

FK, can't believe any Yankee fan would knock Jeter.

I am a huge Paul O'Neill guy. One of my favorite Yankees of all time. The team now needs a Paul O'Neill in the outfield.

Derek Jeter is face of the Yankees though. When you think of the Yankees you think of Jeter. That play he made vs Oakland to cut off the ball and flip it home is the greatest baseball play of all time. No way in fucking hell you can watch that and tell me Jeter has no heart.

Maybe some of the superstars on the Yankees have no heart, that's fair. But Jeter? No f'ing way.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

FK, can't believe any Yankee fan would knock Jeter.

I am a huge Paul O'Neill guy. One of my favorite Yankees of all time. The team now needs a Paul O'Neill in the outfield.

Derek Jeter is face of the Yankees though. When you think of the Yankees you think of Jeter. That play he made vs Oakland to cut off the ball and flip it home is the greatest baseball play of all time. No way in fucking hell you can watch that and tell me Jeter has no heart.

Maybe some of the superstars on the Yankees have no heart, that's fair. But Jeter? No f'ing way.

I watch the games, i don't just give Jeets a pass. My problem with him is that he, as the captain, needs to do more as a player and more as a leader. He needs to hold press conferences and show an angry face and say this is unacceptable. he needs to lead by example. All he does is hit the occasional single, flub easy grounders on defense, blow bubbles while rounding the bases and pat rival players on the butt while laughing.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

pile of poop +150 1, Yankees nil.

Tomorrow Yankees get another good break as Tampas other pile of poop pitcher goes. They will call up David Price to shore that up.

Yankees throwing old man Pettite who has been pitching well. But he has that bad Yankees lineup behind him. Rays much better team and should not be again big dog

Line should roll up then I am taking Tampa run line

I don't get the criticism of Girardi. What's he supposed to do, they are an eclectic mix of overpaid fat and happy vets and guys who should be in the minors.

pile of poop +150 1, Yankees nil.

Tomorrow Yankees get another good break as Tampas other pile of poop pitcher goes. They will call up David Price to shore that up.

Yankees throwing old man Pettite who has been pitching well. But he has that bad Yankees lineup behind him. Rays much better team and should not be again big dog

Line should roll up then I am taking Tampa run line

I don't get the criticism of Girardi. What's he supposed to do, they are an eclectic mix of overpaid fat and happy vets and guys who should be in the minors.

Why is he so old ?

Born: June 15, 1972 in Baton Rouge, LA
Signed
by the New York Yankees as an amateur free agent in 1991. (All Transactions)
Debut: April 29, 1995
About biographical information

He's 36

They've been retiring this guy since he was about 30.

He might go several more years.

<!-- person_mini_dir --> <!-- info_box -->

Wade

EOG Master

I've been getting hurt betting against the Yanks. Only thing that hasn't killed me is that I bet the runline for double so the Yanks have lost by 1 a few times the last week. These two games with the orioles have hurt me bad, absolute blowouts. I think I'll pass on this game with Joba.

tripp

EOG Master

:LMAO

With A Rod in the lineup the Yankees are the best team in baseball. Wang is dominating in the minors right now too so hopefully he can come back and be effective.

Boston and New York will be fighting it out all year, like they should be. Going to be a fun year. I give Toronto till the AS break before they are already out of it, and TB will never catch up to NYY or BOS imo. They have a solid team, but the pitching isn't as strong so far this year, and the bullpen has gotten worse.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...winning_streak_to_nine_9_games_lose_joba.html

Yankees beat Orioles for ninth straight victory

The Yankees last won nine straight from June 5-14, 2007, but tonight they will try to push the streak into double digits, something they haven't done since May 7-17, 2005. It will be a tall order for the Bombers, who welcome the Phillies to the Bronx to start a three-game set against the defending World Series champs.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0><TD>American League</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=left><TD colSpan=22>American League East</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 id=special align=left><TD align=left width="19%">Team</TD><TD align=right width="5%">W</TD><TD align=right width="5%">L</TD><TD align=right width="7%">Pct.</TD><TD align=right width="7%">GB</TD><TD align=right width="9%">Home</TD><TD align=right width="9%">Road</TD><TD align=right width="9%">East</TD><TD align=right width="9%">Cent.</TD><TD align=right width="9%">West</TD><TD align=right width="6%">L10</TD><TD align=right width="6%">Strk</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Toronto</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>.587</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>16-6</TD><TD>11-13</TD><TD>4-5</TD><TD>16-8</TD><TD>7-4</TD><TD>4-6</TD><TD>L 5</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Boston</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>.581</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>16-6</TD><TD>9-12</TD><TD>16-6</TD><TD>5-2</TD><TD>4-8</TD><TD>4-6</TD><TD>L 2</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>N.Y. Yankees</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>.581</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>14-8</TD><TD>11-10</TD><TD>10-12</TD><TD>10-4</TD><TD>4-1</TD><TD>9-1</TD><TD>W 1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Tampa Bay</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>.511</TD><TD>3?</TD><TD>11-10</TD><TD>12-12</TD><TD>12-10</TD><TD>5-6</TD><TD>4-6</TD><TD>7-3</TD><TD>W 3</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Baltimore</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>.419</TD><TD>7?</TD><TD>11-11</TD><TD>7-14</TD><TD>7-16</TD><TD>6-3</TD><TD>3-6</TD><TD>4-6</TD><TD>W 2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=left><TD colSpan=22>

Who's your daddy?

Red Sox fans are more comfortable as losers, its gotta be in their psychological profile

glad we could help you get back to feeling normal

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Just love this thread, it makes me giggle like a schoolgirl everytime i read it!