Here's been the problem with the Yanks in recent years.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Having bad players isn't their problem. They aren't losing games because they have no talent. Lets face it, they have a lot of talent.

I believe that their problem is their robotic nature. They are the same team year after year. There's really no emotion or anger. The players seem almost stone faced and this stuff starts and ends with their captain and their manager. Whether its Jeter, Torre or Girardi, the Yanks seem to just go thru the motions. Wins, losses are all the same.

The bottom line is this. When the Yankees had Paul O'neill tossing batting helmets and refusing to lose, they won titles. Now, they dont have anyone like that and they never win anymore. It just doesn't seem like winning is all that important to them.

I was happy to see Tex banging his batting helmet the other night, we need more players who hate losing.

I have this silly theory that Jeter doesnt' want A Rod to get a ring. Jeter has his multiple rings, one more isn't going to do him any good really, but one more ring means A Rod gets one and not only does A Rod get one, but A Rod will get more credit than Derek (because he's a far superior player) and Derek doesn't like that.

He doesn't like it one bit and he's doing everything in his power to make this team lose. He's really the worst SS in the game right at this very moment. He's an automatic out at the plate, he doesn't ever work the count to try and wear out the starting pitcher, he just swings at early in the count pitches in order to help his own statistics. Lets face it, working the count is a team thing....you work that count and end up having to (usually) get a hit with 2 strikes. Derek doesn't care about that. He knows that he's more likely to get a fat pitch early in the count which means more base hits for him and less pitches thrown for the starter.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Here's been the problem with the Yanks in recent years.

Enjoy it now, there won't be much comedy going on when this team hits their stride.

reynolds

EOG Enthusiast

The problem with the Yankees is pitching and there farm system sucks.No longer do great players want to play for them either. You won't be in the playoffs for at least 5 years Flamingo, count your championships and live in the past, it's a better place.:cheers

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The problem with the Yankees is pitching and there farm system sucks.No longer do great players want to play for them either. You won't be in the playoffs for at least 5 years Flamingo, count your championships and live in the past, it's a better place.:cheers

Live in the past? Everything is 'the past' except for the brief current moment. 1 minute ago is the past as is 5 years ago. Its all the past, that's all we have to live in.

Now, if i could live in the future, i'd be able to cash quite a few bets!

THE YANKEES PITCHING AND BULLPEN WAS THE BOMB WHEN PAULIE

WAS THROWING HIS HELMETS AND BATS.THERE DEFENSE WAS

ALSO ABOVE AVG. YOUR THINKING IS VERY NARROW MINDED.

HOWEVER YOUR ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

THE YANKEES PITCHING AND BULLPEN WAS THE BOMB WHEN PAULIE

WAS THROWING HIS HELMETS AND BATS.THERE DEFENSE WAS

ALSO ABOVE AVG. YOUR THINKING IS VERY NARROW MINDED.

HOWEVER YOUR ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION.

My opinion is that the Yanks are too robotic. There's no emotion. Your favorite player and captain Derek Jeter, where's his 'emotion'? Why doesn't he ever look royally pissed off when he loses or makes a mistake?

he needs to LEAD, not follow. He's the captain. Jeter needs to stop smiling, stop blowing bubbles, stop laughing, stop patting rival players on the ass when they hit a double and get fucking pissed.

No more excuses, do the work.

texansfan

EOG Master

My opinion is that the Yanks are too robotic. There's no emotion. Your favorite player and captain Derek Jeter, where's his 'emotion'? Why doesn't he ever look royally pissed off when he loses or makes a mistake?

he needs to LEAD, not follow. He's the captain. Jeter needs to stop smiling, stop blowing bubbles, stop laughing, stop patting rival players on the ass when they hit a double and get fucking pissed.

No more excuses, do the work.

He needs to do some steroids.

WELL I DOUBT IF HE STOPS CHEWING GUM AND THROWS A BAT THEY

WILL WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP UNLESS AS A TEAM THEY PLAY BETTER

IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME.TO EVEN THINK ONE PLAYER CAN HAVE A TEAM NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IS ALMOST AS ASSININE AS SAYING

HE DOESNT WANT TO WIN ANOTHER TITLE BECAUSE OF AROD.

BTW IM PRETTY SURE WHEN THEY WERE A MINI DYNASTY IN THE 90'S

THERE WAS NO CAPTAIN.AND THE CAT WAS BLOWING BUBBLES AND PLAYING

THE SAME WAY.LETS ROOT EM IN TONITE.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

WELL I DOUBT IF HE STOPS CHEWING GUM AND THROWS A BAT THEY

WILL WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP UNLESS AS A TEAM THEY PLAY BETTER

IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE GAME.TO EVEN THINK ONE PLAYER CAN HAVE A TEAM NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IS ALMOST AS ASSININE AS SAYING

HE DOESNT WANT TO WIN ANOTHER TITLE BECAUSE OF AROD.

BTW IM PRETTY SURE WHEN THEY WERE A MINI DYNASTY IN THE 90'S

THERE WAS NO CAPTAIN.AND THE CAT WAS BLOWING BUBBLES AND PLAYING

THE SAME WAY.LETS ROOT EM IN TONITE.

Jeets isn't going to make them make the playoffs, but other players really look up to him. The Yanks have many young impressionable players that can really follow Derek's lead. If those young guys see that Derek is refusing to accept poor play from himself, they can really rise up and realize how important this stuff is. Derek needs to lead the way and the other players will follow.

If you are a bit player on NYY and your captain is laughing, making errors, swinging at the first pitch and grounding out, tossing balls in the dirt, patting kevin Youkilis on the ass and laughing with Big Papi, what are the other players on the team supposed to think?

They think that their leader and captain is goofing off, so it must be ok to goof off also.

And that's what we have right now, a team of talented players who are goofing off and not taking this stuff seriously enough.