Houston officially done for....Yao out for playoffs.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="900"><tbody><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"><td style="padding: 3px; font-size: 9pt;" width="70">Updated</td> <td style="padding: 3px; font-size: 9pt;" width="100"> Player</td> <td style="padding: 3px; font-size: 9pt;" width="30"> Pos.</td> <td style="padding: 3px; font-size: 9pt;" width="40"> Injury</td> <td style="padding: 3px; font-size: 9pt;" width="50"> Status</td> <td style="padding: 3px; font-size: 9pt;" width="290"> Brief Update</td> <td style="padding: 3px; font-size: 9pt;" width="30">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt; display: none;"> Houston Rockets
</td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> 5/9 9:24P </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> Yao Ming </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> C </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> Ankle </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> Out For Year </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;"> out for the remainder of the season </td> <td style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding: 3px; font-size: 8pt;">
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="7" bgcolor="#ffffff"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

tripp

EOG Master
Re: Houston officially done for....Yao out for playoffs.

not sure they really had a shot anyways.

lakers too skilled for any team in the west

Apple

Banned

Rockets were already done.. :)

But I love this news.

diogee

Yes they were already done but now it is official. ;)

I know I'm in the majority on this one as well but Nuggets are skilled enough to compete with the Lakers.

cheapseats

EOG Master

Lakers better use this their advantage and put them away fast, that way maybe a few more days of rest, they'll need it for the ink in Denver.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Rockets were already done.. :)

But I love this news.

me, too - thought he might be so i GRABBED a LARGE stake of Lakers -3.5 figuring it might go up once word was out on whether Yao might be back or not for G4

sense we see Lakers -5 or more now

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

not sure they really had a shot anyways.

lakers too skilled for any team in the west

if you think the lakers are "too skilled" for the nuggets this post-season then a) you have not seen the nuggets play this postseason, b) you are overrating the lakers (you probably did this last yr before boston bitchslapped them in the finals) and c) you will be in for a surprise when the western conf finals commence

12io4j2w90

diogee

if you think the lakers are "too skilled" for the nuggets this post-season then a) you have not seen the nuggets play this postseason, b) you are overrating the lakers (you probably did this last yr before boston bitchslapped them in the finals) and c) you will be in for a surprise when the western conf finals commence

12io4j2w90
:cheers Guess I'm not the only one that thinks the Nugs can compete with the Lakers. In a nutshell they have the depth, dangerous players, and can play some defense.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Time for Derrick Fisher to retire.

Fisher is complete dogshit on the court

He was carried all his career by teammates and is famous for 1 luck shot against San Antonio

tripp

EOG Master

12io4j2w90

i like the nuggets team and am a big billups guy, but they will not be able to keep pace with the lakers in a 7 game series. i just can't see any way they can win 4 of 7 from them when la has home court also. denver is a good team, but lakers are too good.

and no last year i had boston over them in the finals, and would have taken cleveland over them in the finals also if they beat the celts in the conf finals. wasn't that high on the lakers last year. they are better this year though. there is a reason they won the west by 11 games.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

i like the nuggets team and am a big billups guy, but they will not be able to keep pace with the lakers in a 7 game series. i just can't see any way they can win 4 of 7 from them when la has home court also. denver is a good team, but lakers are too good.

and no last year i had boston over them in the finals, and would have taken cleveland over them in the finals also if they beat the celts in the conf finals. wasn't that high on the lakers last year. they are better this year though. there is a reason they won the west by 11 games.

i go back to what i posted BEFORE today's gm re the lakers. i hope you see the light and realize that you are highly overrating them. the nuggets will take them, i believe

grid - no chance, but i can understand the sentiment after the lakers' loss today.

diogee

No chance is a bold statement ID with the championship type of ball the Nugs are playing...they have some guy named Billups as their leader as well.

No chance is a bold statement ID with the championship type of ball the Nugs are playing...they have some guy named Billups as their leader as well.

Whens the last time ID said something that actually made sense? Lakers would be the favorite but I would give the nuggets a 40% chance.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

Gee! I wonder why they even played the game. How much did the Lakers win by?

tripp

EOG Master

i go back to what i posted BEFORE today's gm re the lakers. i hope you see the light and realize that you are highly overrating them. the nuggets will take them, i believe

well i posted what i said AFTER the game today vs houston so not like that game changed my opinion one bit.

i don't even like the lakers. i hope they lose to the cavs. i would love to see chauncy in the finals vs lebron, although kobe/lebron would be amazing. i just see too much talent on la and they should win the championship this year unfortunately.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

well i posted what i said AFTER the game today vs houston so not like that game changed my opinion one bit.

i don't even like the lakers. i hope they lose to the cavs. i would love to see chauncy in the finals vs lebron, although kobe/lebron would be amazing. i just see too much talent on la and they should win the championship this year unfortunately.

the lakers went 57-25 last reg season and 64-18 this reg season but i believe the west was a bit weaker this yr with san antone and new orl taking a big step back.............i do believe that last yr's laker playoff team was > to this current playoff team of theirs..........last yr, they beat hou in 5 and NO WAY they lost to hou without yao playing.................

i absolutely LOVE the nuggets over the lakers............they steal gm 1 or 2 in LA.......hold serve in denver..........up 3-1 they come back to LA and lose gm 5, then head back to denver and close out the overrated, heartless, gutless, lacking killer instinct lakers, in 6 gms

texansfan

EOG Master

I just want to win money, I could care less who wins it all.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

for 1 game ht. was a better team mingless. not boo

diogee

Wow I vastly underestimated the heart of this Rockets team and the lack there of by the Lakers. Play the game for a reason but just unfuckingreal lack of effort by the Lakers on the road.

Totally wrong on this one.