Week 5 MLB action.

58-55-1 Overall. (+14.05 units)

Nice start to the year. Hope to keep it steady and possibly improve on April. I know I had a lot of bad beats, and in all fairness a handfull of lucky wins too. Just have to avoid hitting that bad streak most of all. Things change quick in baseball and we have to adapt our strategies as the season progresses. Lets hope I can zig and zag at the right times and make the right corrections quickly if I make a wrong turn.

Monday action:

924 - Detroit -125 vs Minnesota (1 unit)

924 - Detroit RL +160 (0.5 units)

I know this may be a small stretch but Jackson reminds me a little of Liriano when he was a hot young breakout pitcher. Liriano has come back to show nothing but decent servicability up to this point. He may work his way back to acedom, but its not there yet. I also like to play home teams in mid home stand situations on Mondays after a day game. The Tigers also have a very good bullpen and potentially explosive offense. Minnesota is very cool with the bats a majority of the time and Detroit has some very good SLG. numbers against leftys so far this year. Liriano is a fairly hittable lefty so far this year.

918 - Toronto -111 vs Cleveland

This is basically an underdog price on the much better team at this point in the season. I know the pitching matchup favors Cleveland but every other aspect of this game vastly favors the Blue Jays in my opinion. Carmona is pretty wicked when he is in the zone, but that is usually a pretty big crapshoot. He often gives too many free bases and struggles with control. Tallet is pretty servicable and Im gambling on him to go 5 innings and holding the Indians to two or three runs. The Jays have a great shot to win if he can just do that. He had a rough one last time out, but he has been a pretty consistant cat in his first two starts and most of his relief appearances. Cleveland also hits the road off a tough emotionally draining loss to KC while Toronto continues at home off a sweep over the Orioles.

916 - LA Dodgers -133 vs Arizona

Its pretty tough to sweep a four game series, so I think its safe to say the Dodgers are pretty hot right now. They also stay home and host Arizona who travel in from a four game series with Milwaukee. Although they managed to split the series, Arizona posted some poor SLG numbers and I fear the adjustments to hitting in Dodger stadium after Miller Park might be a bit dramatic. Not sure, just a hunch. Anyway the Dodgers are beginning to appear very tough at home. We may get a chance to see the eldest Weaver brother who looked pretty good in his first long relief role vs SD. Stultz is probably not feeling too secure in his rotation spot with Weaver in the wings to mop up should he struggle early on. Its seems pretty obvious that Joe Torrey has saved Weaver for this possibility. Weaver is on three days rest after 54 pitches in his '09 homecoming debut. Lets hope Doug Davis has a tough time with the pinpoint location he usually needs to dominate his opponants.

I also have strong leans on the Yankees and STL. No overnight lines here in Vegas on these games. Hopefully the lines wont be .... out of line. May have to play the run line on STL. I think it will be a safe bet with Pujols well rested along with the suprisingly effective LaRussa bullpen. The day off rain out and the fact that they dont have to travel is a great advantage. STL is 8-2 vs the run line in home wins while Phillys' two road losses thus far have been by a combined 13 runs. Hoping to get a decent line on the Yankees but I wont lay more than -120 or -125.

Good luck all.

Peace. :thumbsup

Re: Week 5 MLB action.

Adding:

912 - STL -129 vs Philly (1unit)

912 - STL RL +150 (0.5 units)

920 - Yankees -105 vs Boston (1.1 units)

Good luck.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Good luck Nat Bump...loving me some Stl. Price looks right on Jackson as well.

1-6 to start the week. Ouch indeed. Forgot to pack my KY for that train ride. (-4.35) :doh1 Just a bump in the road.

No time for writes today. Thats ok, I seem to do better when I keep my mouth shut. No crying or excuses. At least I have 6 days to fight my way out of this hole. Lets get it done.

954 - Cubs +100 vs SF (1 unit)

968 - Toronto RL +155 vs Cleveland (1 unit)

978 - KC -125 vs White Sox (1.5 units)

959 - NY Mets +113 @ ATL (1 unit)

May play the Dodgers again tonight. Gotta check out old man Weavers spring and triple A numbers and the bullpen situation first. Gotta think Torrey sees something likable.

Good luck .

Peace. :thumbsup

Adding:

966 - Dodgers -118 vs Arizona (1.2 units)

Im not sure Im sold on Weaver but he seems to be pitching fairly solid in Triple A and in his four innings of long relief against SD. This is kind of like a rookie debut except for the fact that Weaver has mucho experience. This is a new lease on life for him if he can prove hes still has something to offer. Im sure Torrey could have given another prospect a chance to cut his teeth if he didnt think Weaver could get the job done. Besides, the Dodgers are beginning to get really hot offensively again at Dodger stadium. This is a great chance to pull two more games away from another divisional rival and they are feelin "it" right now. I think they will score on Scherzer, who may try to over perform since he was not supported offensively in his last quality start.

4-1 for Tuesday. (+3.90 units) Nice comeback thankfully. Two very sweaty wins. Digging out of a hole is dirty work so I wont complain.

5-7 for Week 5. (-0.45 units)

Lets get into the black for Wednesday:

926 - KC -120 vs Seattle (1 unit)

926 - KC RL +165 (0.5 units)

930 - Anaheim Angels +147 vs Toronto ( 1 unit)

Both of these are pretty basic system plays. I never just blindly play systems but I do pay careful attention to them and when the situation is right I definitely feel good about playing them. The Angels have won three straight and are a home dog. The return of Oliver will go a long way to help speed along the healing of the bullpen. Halladay is tough but he is not untouchable and he is due for a bit of a touch up by the very dangerous Angel offense. Jays may be a little lax in this first road game after some pretty topsy turvey battles of late.
The Royals are a winning team so far with a win streak at home. Nearly a dog price on the hot home team with arguably an even matchup with the starting pitchers. KCs bullpen should be in better shape (Soria is available to close) as Seattle has played two out of the last three into extra innings.

Still considering a play on the Texas Rangers but it will take a lot of convincing as I sift through some more in depth info in the morning. Looks like a live dog though. Still not sure.

Peace.

Additional Wednesday action:

914 - SD RL +125 vs Arizona (1 unit)

1027 - Texas -102 (1st 5 inns) @ Oakland (1.02 units)

Good luck.

3-2 yesterday (+0.66 units).

8-9 for the week. (+0.21 units).

Thursday action:

968 - KC -117 vs Seattle (1.2 units)

955 - SF +130 @ Colorado (1 unit)

Peace.

Thanks X.

Hit my morning games. Now well into the black again.

Adding:

966 - Wash/LAD under 9 -120 (1.2 units)

:thumbsup

Went 2-1 yesterday. Dodger under got blown out of the water. (+1.12 units)

10 -10 for the week. (+1.12 units)

Friday action:

907 - Atlanta +165 @ Philly (1unit)

1012 - Colorado (1st 5 inning) -105 vs Florida (1 unit)

912 - Colorado RL +165 (0.5 units)

Hamels pitching with a long layoff and hasnt been pitching well so far this year. Signs of life in Atlantas line up. Chipper with a day of rest and McCann probably back today also. Lots of optimism in the clubhouse.

Colorado should have a pretty decent starting pitching matchup edge, and stay home against a traveling Marlins team that is reeling. The Marlin bullpen is not in good shape however. Closer and setup guys have pitched three days in a row. To hold on and win the Marlins better have banked a nice lead in the early innings on Nolasco who has been nothing but bad so far. He has some flyball tendancies wich may bode well for building a big lead. Hopefully the long relievers can hold on to the lead should things work out the way I envision them and I can get some frosting on the ML bet.

Peace.

Oops... made a mistake on my overall week 4 unit total.

Actually 10-10 for (+1.33 units). Ah, thats better.

Overlooked this one last night but it looks very nice indeed.

Adding:

905 - STL +105 @ Cincinnati (1.5 units)

No time for a write up to do this one justice but..... this is very nice looking situation in my opinion. Flu and injuries for Cincy. Cardinal plate disciplinelate should get to Cueto and STL is a good travelling team: 7-5 on the road and 5-1 in games off a travel to a road game. :cheers

2348ji23e Sometimes the gambling gods award visitation rights to the bookie for the units I have rightfully taken from them. This right will soon be rescinded as these units and some of thier cousins will be back in thier rightful home...... my bankroll, by weeks end. :+whipping
0-4 for Friday.(-4.00 units)

10-14 for Week 5. (-2.67 units)

Saturday action:

951 - Pittsburgh +162 @ NY Mets (1unit)

953 - Atlanta -101 @ Philly (0.5 units)

953 - Atlanta RL +145 (0.5 units)

969 - Toronto RL +145 @ Oakland (1 unit)

965 - Florida RL +130 @ Colorado

:suit: Fuck Peace, this is war !!!! :devil:

Helloooooo Gyno and CT. Good to hear from you guys. Been real busy lately and havnt touched base with a lot of my buds as often as I should. Hope you guys are doing great. Have a nice Muthahs day. 12io4j2w90

Busy again today as usual...

4-1 for Saturday. (+2.97 units)
14-15 for Week 5 (+0.30 units)

Got a huge card today. Its either go down in flames or a blaze of glory for the weeks results. Lets hope I can hit the "Muthah lode" in honor of Mothers Day. Which reminds me.... better call some moms after I get off this thing.

905 - Atlanta +130 @ Philly (1 unit)

917 - Detroit +104 @ Cleveland (1 unit)

920 - Baltimore +131 vs NY Yankees (1 unit)

911 - Florida +100 @ Colorado (1 unit)

926 - Anahiem Angels -125 vs KC (1 unit)

916 - SF/LA Dodgers under 7.5 (-110) (1.1 unit)

Good luck and Peace to all. :thumbsup

3-3 for Sunday. (+0.04 units). Better than a kick in the nuts and I have had that twice already this week, so I feel very fortunate to close this one as a winner once again. Not much, thats for sure, but a winner none the less.

17-18 for Week 5. (+0.34 units)

Now with 4 out of 5 profitable weeks in MLB.

75-73 for the season. (+14.40 units)

On to Week 6. Peace. :cheers