OT: If You Could Live Your Life Starting Over Again....

Re: OT: If You Could Live Your Life Starting Over Again....

I can't say yes or no offhand, but it would get some strong consideration. :)

No. What I've been through has made me stronger. Funny you bring this up, as a newcomer said to me outside a meeting a few nights ago: "Jeff if I could start my life over, I'd never ever touch a drink". I told him, "well then you'd never know the happiness that recovery brings", and then he got my number and went to this mornings meeting together. Funny how people can bring these things up when they are important.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Can't say 100% for sure but odds are

Probably Yes

my life would have been VERY different if we had stayed in Illinois 1 more year. when i was in 3rd Grade i got bored doing 3rd Grade Match/Science so when it came time for those 2 subjects i went to another classroom - the FOURTH Grade Match/Science. we left IL after 3rd Grade to move back to CA and i started the 4th Grade here. had we STAYED in IL i probably woulda skipped 4th grade and gone straight to 5th. this means every friend i have now would probably not be my friend and i'd have a whole new set of friends in their place. i was happy as can be when we left IL but had we stayed my life woulda been 100% different than now

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

IF
if it's and buts, were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merrier holiday. Heard that somewhere along the way. Nothing in the past can be changed, but today is a new start

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

yes definitely.

my father warned me years ago when i was a teenager about not taking care of responsibilities and about wasting time and letting it pass you by doing trivial things.the thing was a he caught me drinking and begged me to not fall in with the wrong crowd and take care of myself.he told me his regret was he spent too much time partying with friends and having a good time and woke up one day and he was forty years old with nothing to show for it but he did change at that age.well i didn't listen too well.this was when i was fifteen years old back around 1989 or 1990 of course that was almost twenty years ago.my main regret was i would've dropped the partying and focused more on school.my brother tried to drill this into me but i didn't listen.he said look at me i get fucked up but i also take care of business.now he lives on the west coast and been with a good company twenty five years about to retire and barely over forty.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Would you? :pop:

Yes, provided that the Munchkin Man could go back and be born in the same year and to the same parents.

The joys and the innocence of the Munchkin Man's childhood were so precious that they would be well worth enjoying again, in spite of the sorrows of the Munchkin Man's childhood.

For example, the joy of having had the opportunity to believe in Santa Claus is something the Munchkin Man wouldn't trade for anything in the world.

One thing the Munchkin Man would do differently would be to take judo or karate classes, so the Munchkin Man would not have gotten beaten up so much by all those bullies while growing up.

The kid who knocked out the Munchkin Man's two front teeth when the Munchkin Man was only 7 years old would not have gotten away with it.

Back in those days, big kids from the bad neighborhood would come over and beat up kids half the Munchkin Man's age, just for the fun of it.

The Munchkin Man did not know how to fight.

If the Munchkin Man could go back, the Munchkin Man would learn how to fight and take care of those bullies.

The Munchkin Man would also listen to his parents more often and follow their advice.

If the Munchkin Man had done so, the Munchkin Man would definitely be better off today.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I would if for no other reason than I would get a Second - and better chance - to win the heart of Mrs Montana and make her al ot happier than Tony

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

Yes and stay the FUKK away from gambling!!!!:shoot::shoot::shoot:

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

No.

Unless i was able to transport my current brain into my teenage body. Then, yes.

No.

Unless i was able to transport my current brain into my teenage body. Then, yes.

Exactly. I would only want to relive it if I could take what I know now and use it.

Now, I'm gonna make a spin-off thread, so I don't hijack this one.

Dave

You may have that chance. You just never know.

After you die, that could be it. You may be dead forever. Or there may be an eternal 77 virgin Playboy Club waiting for you.

Or you may comeback as a cockroach, a Somalian pirate, or even Manny Rodriguez.

Who the heck knows? Only the deceased.

91023i2ndw;l

once ya hit 50 life is pretty much over I wish I could freeze life at my current age

50 is certainly a huge number ( I'm 45). It's all downhill past say about 30.

You ain't middle-aged at 50, it's more like near the end of Q3, unless you expect to live to 100 ? Few live to 100.

I consider myself way past halftime at 45, no way I live to be 90, I'd take under 65 -110 for the max !

Manny fixed my muffler yesterday for $25. I consider him a great American.

kid44

EOG Dedicated

I have lived my life honestly and treated people with respect. After divorce what once was an easy rich life I was forced to reevaluate.
Although the physical and monetarily things have not been there I have the love and respect of 2 beautiful boys. I would not change it for anything.

Perspective. Do not need the big house or nice cars any more. Just a roof, heat, air and love. Too bad it will take many of the youngsters here to realize.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

It is amazing how much smarter your parents get when you get older...

Wouldn't change my life one iota...and life doesn't stop after 50....and you never stop learning...

Well crap. 2938u4ji23

Another day older, one day closer to death.

Pink Floyd

You can't change that, Depressing fact, but true !

Think of Mick Jaggar singing "What a drag it is getting old"...at 65 or so ! :LMAO

It's also a miserable way to look at the future....yada,yada,yada !

30ish the best age ( for a guy)...you can still look to screw the 20 year old hottie.... or her 40 year old mother ( if hot). that doesn't last long... maybe from when you're 25-35 ?

You don't want to be 40,45....

Apple

Banned

I'd do anything to go back to 2004... Anything

Cannon

Banned

I would have never quit booking. What a mistake that was.

Apple

Banned

I'll bite...what happened in 04, Gabe ?

Didn't mean to put bait out there.. But honestly nothing in particular, life just started going downhill after that..

Pretty much had it all in 04..

Didn't mean to put bait out there.. But honestly nothing in particular, life just started going downhill after that..

It might be too painful for you to mention, but if I remember correctly ?, you might have had a child die ? Maybe it was some other poster, I can't remember every detail of others' lives, but if that's it, I'm sorry for you, Gabe.

Apple

Banned

It might be too painful for you to mention, but if I remember correctly ?, you might have had a child die ? Maybe it was some other poster, I can't remember every detail of others' lives, but if that's it, I'm sorry for you, Gabe.

Yes that was me, I lost my son on Oct 2 2005... He was 5 months and 28 days old..

I lost a lot of things since 2004, and most of that stuff I will never be able to get back or replace..

I know you are relatively young ( maybe 30 ?) You have some options left.

you aren't stupid (mentally retarded or such), not in a wheelchair or physically handicapped, to my knowledge, since I last saw you in person. You're not old, or a drug addict,etc.. I think you just need to get your head together a bit, you may not be a Senator's son, but you are also not living in someplace like Haiti, either !

I'm just trying to put things in perspective.

Yes that was me, I lost my son on Oct 2 2005... He was 5 months and 28 days old..

I lost a lot of things since 2004, and most of that stuff I will never be able to get back or replace..

I thought that was you. It's years later, you have to get past it. Was it due to some negligence on your part ? I think it likely was not, so you have move on.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

what happened with your son,understand if you don't want to say.

Apple

Banned

My son, no.. Other things, yes I fucked up..

Apple

Banned

what happened with your son,understand if you don't want to say.

He was born extremely sick, only heard him cry for the first 20 minutes of life.. He had pulmonary hypertension and then because if it he had severe brain damage..

He lived the first month and a half in the hospital, had numerous brain surgeries.. The last 4+ months were at home where he was in need of oxygen and was fed through a tube.. It was tough to stomach, I'll never be the same..

He died at the hospital, he died minutes after I arrived.. The staff there said he waited for me..

My son, no.. Other things, yes I fucked up..[/quote]

Did you directly contribute to death of your son ?

leave the car seat on top of the car, drive down I-5, baby falls off gets run over by a tractor-trailor ?

something like that ?

If you somehow are responsible for this death, why aren't you in prison ?

I think you might be blaming yourself for circumstances beyond your control ?

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

i'm very sorry gabe.thats the absolute worst anybody could go through.

He was born extremely sick, only heard him cry for the first 20 minutes of life.. He had pulmonary hypertension and then because if it he had severe brain damage..

He lived the first month and a half in the hospital, had numerous brain surgeries.. The last 4+ months were at home where he was in need of oxygen and was fed through a tube.. It was tough to stomach, I'll never be the same..

He died at the hospital, he died minutes after I arrived.. The staff there said he waited for me..

I see no negligence on your part. The hospital staff probably fucked up your head with that comment. Your son would want you to still have a normal life, wouldn't he ? You'll never get to play catch with him, obviously, but you have to get over it. Your son would have wanted that,if he lived, right,look at it that way.

Life took your boy away from you, but not your fault. If you were somehow responsible, I could see your depression over this lasting years.

My brother was born in 1956, I was born in 1963.... in between those years my mother had a miscarriage, I don't know the year, must have been about 1957-1959. very little was ever spoken of it, in my presence.

My mother was 44 years old , and a month when I was born in 1963, that wasn't common back then, I must have been an accident ?

I'm sure it was a lot easier for them to get over the lost baby ( rarely discussed) that they never saw, then I somehow emerged so very late. I hope you understand how rare it was for a 44yo woman to have a healthy baby in 1963, it's not even common in 2009. I should have never really even have been born, is what I'm saying, or at least not without significant physical problems.

I don't get religious about it. My parents are deceased now, that doesn't matter, now

Gabe, you just have to move on with life. I hope my words help you.

Doug

Apple

Banned

My son, no.. Other things, yes I fucked up..[/quote]

Did you directly contribute to death of your son ?

leave the car seat on top of the car, drive down I-5, baby falls off gets run over by a tractor-trailor ?

something like that ?

If you somehow are responsible for this death, why aren't you in prison ?

I think you might be blaming yourself for circumstances beyond your control ?

I'm not blaiming myself for his death.. I blame myself for my actions soon after his death, which has pretty much messed me up emotionally and financially..

I'm not blaiming myself for his death.. I blame myself for my actions soon after his death, which has pretty much messed me up emotionally and financially..

Financial help is the most difficult to obtain. Emotional/psychological help is here, after all the Shrink runs this site, People here will help genuinely help with that, but not money. Few do actual money. I know jobs are tough, I'm there myself, could use some sort of regular job myself, preferably with medical benies. I'm not making much money betting anymore, living off of assets, and minimal trucking/handyman jobs,etc.

I can barely afford to live with a paid off condo and no mortgage, I just keep eroding my savings. I'd take back my old Post Office job now !