What current NBA player would make the best head coach when they retire?

Some good choices out there. It takes someone who can be smart, can motivate, and that players respect. Who do you think would fit as a coach with the right team?

Re: What current NBA player would make the best head coach when they retire?

:+textinb3

It's just PRACTICE! PRACTICE! When it matters!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGDBR2L5kzI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously though I would have to say Chauncey Billups.

Seriously though I would have to say Chauncey Billups.

Pretty good choice there! He'll be respected and has the rings to know what it takes to lead teams to championships. So many games late in the stretch he's been a part of and has had the intelligence to get through them a winner.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Shane Battier

Derrick Fisher kisses too much media ass. He wont have the respect of his players. He has been a Kobe leach for his career. He has kissed Kobe's ass to stay with the team with declining and marginal skills at best.

tripp

EOG Master

last two answers are good ones. i'd also say grant hill, or steve nash.

i can't see any of these guys becoming coaches though.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Pretty good choice there! He'll be respected and has the rings to know what it takes to lead teams to championships. So many games late in the stretch he's been a part of and has had the intelligence to get through them a winner.

Have u ever heard him speak? Everyone is drinking the Billups koolaid now adays.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

Jason Kidd
Robert Horry (might already be retired)
Bruce Bowen
Wally Szzzeerbeak (sp?)

GOPer for Life

EOG Enthusiast

Chris Mihm: another Phil Jackson type as he is smart and knows the game

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Miller from the Sixers...
Steve Nash from the Suns..

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

I just hope and pray Denver gets to play Cleveland in the finals. Will be the easiest money i ever make.

barring major injury, betting against cleveland THIS postseason is :shoot:

tripp

EOG Master

barring major injury, betting against cleveland THIS postseason is :shoot:

im pretty sure he meant the easiest money he'd ever make would be betting ON cleveland, not fading them vs denver. he's saying how denver and billups are getting over-hyped right now, which is certainly true.

i love billups and posted here when the trade was made how it was the dumbest thing i've ever seen for detroit. they just didn't appreciate what he brought to the team and dumar wanted someone more flashy. billups is great though and denver would have been a 7-8 seed with AI still there and would have gotten swept in the 1st round.

with all that said when comparing him to guys like kobe and james he just is no superstar. i would take either kobe or james on my team over the combo of melo and billups any day. billups is the new trendy guy to love and people will soon be falling out of love when they play the lakers.

im pretty sure he meant the easiest money he'd ever make would be betting ON cleveland, not fading them vs denver. he's saying how denver and billups are getting over-hyped right now, which is certainly true.

i love billups and posted here when the trade was made how it was the dumbest thing i've ever seen for detroit. they just didn't appreciate what he brought to the team and dumar wanted someone more flashy. billups is great though and denver would have been a 7-8 seed with AI still there and would have gotten swept in the 1st round.

with all that said when comparing him to guys like kobe and james he just is no superstar. i would take either kobe or james on my team over the combo of melo and billups any day. billups is the new trendy guy to love and people will soon be falling out of love when they play the lakers.

I dont understand why you think the Lakers are going to run over Billups and the Nuggets. The home team dominated all 3 games they played this year. It would at least go 6 and probably 7.

Apple

Banned

Battier is a great choice..

how about Kevin Garnett? Looks like he is doing a good job on the bench right now, everytime the camera points to him he is saying motherfucker..

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Battier is a great choice..

how about Kevin Garnett? Looks like he is doing a good job on the bench right now, everytime the camera points to him he is saying motherfucker..

Oh, so THATS where Kevin Garnett went.

KG has a little boo boo on his leg and he's out for the season. Hockey players are coughing up blood and are out on the ice less than a week later.