Kobe aint no Lebron

JaBrady

EOG Addicted
Re: Kobe aint no Lebron

The cavs dont have anyone, other than james, that is better than butler, jamison, or arenas from the wiz. they cant win with all of them.

I like Butler a lot and he does it on both ends of the floor

IMO Arenas and Jamison are paper tigers - you can throw their stats up all day long but at the end of the day their teams don't produce - I would never want players like this on my team.

I also would like to point out that certain players fit and and have a better role with certain teams - Gasol is great for that triangle as a secondary role - and the cavs lineup is perefectly complimentary to LBJ - does this mean they are not talented? No. It means there abilities are utilized to the fullest with a player like LBJ. If you were to say they Cavs roster is playing at a level they couldn't reach without LBJ in the lineup then OK, you're right - doubt many people would argue that. But to say they are not a talented roster is silly.

I think of an analogy to a DE playing in a 3-4 and then switching teams to a 4-3. Same player but his skill set fits one scheme as opposed to the other. I think that is Mo in a nutshell.

mofome

Banned

lol i'm not claiming victim status, mo. i'm simply telling you you sound like a 15yo with your argument.

put your fingers in your ears, shake your head, and keep yelling "lebron rulez!", and maybe a few people will agree with you. the rest of us understand the fact that because a discussion even exists consequently makes your claim that lebron is "undeniably the best" wrong.

sorry, mo, sometimes the truth hurts.

I just don't see how you figure this. Because I don't agree with you, I am talk like a 15yo? Hmmmm I referenced stats and lord knows that you had no idea who scottie pippen was traded for off the top of your head. Look at your first 2 posts in this thread, each reads as they work of an 8 year old. So, my friend the hypocrite, practice what you preach should you care to be taken seriously.

Gl tonight.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

flat out wrong? According to who? You and timely?

:+clueless

according to the definition of the word "undeniable", mo.

a discussion exists. we are *denying* your statement that lebron is without a doubt the best.

the mere fact that we disagree means your statement is false, and therefore you are wrong.

you can argue with me and timely all you want, but we've got Webster and his big book on our side.

i'm sorry you're incapable of understanding logic, reason, and the english language all at once in this thread.

mofome

Banned

I like Butler a lot and he does it on both ends of the floor

IMO Arenas and Jamison are paper tigers - you can throw their stats up all day long but at the end of the day their teams don't produce - I would never want players like this on my team.

I also would like to point out that certain players fit and and have a better role with certain teams - Gasol is great for that triangle as a secondary role - and the cavs lineup is perefectly complimentary to LBJ - does this mean they are not talented? No. It means there abilities are utilized to the fullest with a player like LBJ. If you were to say they Cavs roster is playing at a level they couldn't reach without LBJ in the lineup then OK, you're right - doubt many people would argue that. But to say they are not a talented roster is silly.

I think of an analogy to a DE playing in a 3-4 and then switching teams to a 4-3. Same player but his skill set fits one scheme as opposed to the other. I think that is Mo in a nutshell.

I would be willing to wager that Mo Williams had far more uncontested looks from 3 this year than anyone else. Much credit to him for knocking them down, but without Lebron he isn't close to the player he is today. He isn't one of the best 24 players in the nba, no chance.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Oh timely, what I could say.

:houra

I'm just having a fun little debate here Mo. If you got some fuel, go ahead and throw it on the fire. I hate when people hang things over my head. What you could say? Please, nothing that would hurt my feelings in this argument. I'm not trying to get personal Mo, and you know that, I just feel differently and I'm not going to tell you you're right just because you're a bud of mine.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I just don't see how you figure this. Because I don't agree with you, I am talk like a 15yo? Hmmmm I referenced stats and lord knows that you had no idea who scottie pippen was traded for off the top of your head. Look at your first 2 posts in this thread, each reads as they work of an 8 year old. So, my friend the hypocrite, practice what you preach should you care to be taken seriously.

Gl tonight.

PS, I knew who Scottie Pippen was traded for and I didn't respond to that comment because you're arguing that trade was an even one? Pippen was given up for nothing.

mofome

Banned

according to the definition of the word "undeniable", mo.

a discussion exists. we are *denying* your statement that lebron is without a doubt the best.

the mere fact that we disagree means your statement is false, and therefore you are wrong.

you can argue with me and timely all you want, but we've got Webster and his big book on our side.

i'm sorry you're incapable of understanding logic, reason, and the english language all at once in this thread.

That is the largest load of nonsense I have ever read. You're not bright nor more knowledgeable on any sports topics than I. I don't know where you get this crap from, but you're wasting time. Stick with the topic, this is an absolute waste to read and reply to. Getting all personal. You're acting kinda weird.

IM NOT SAYING WHOSE BETTER,BUT LEBRONS SUPPORTING CAST
IS VASTLY UNDERRATED.ALL THE GUYS WERE STARTERS AT OTHER PLACES.

JOE SMITH IS UNDERRATED ALOT IMO

THEY BOTH CAN BALL,CALL IT A TIE!!LOL

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I would be willing to wager that Mo Williams had far more uncontested looks from 3 this year than anyone else. Much credit to him for knocking them down, but without Lebron he isn't close to the player he is today. He isn't one of the best 24 players in the nba, no chance.

He's one of the best in the NBA at his position.

You're Mo Williams argument makes no sense, because I brought up the fact that Damon Jones left the Heat where he was great and went to the Cavs and was horrible. Lebron was still getting people open looks last year, Damon Jones just didn't fit that system. Mo Williams fits the system in Cleveland and he's looked great in it.

There are other people on the Cavs besides Lebron. I mean, he only average 28 PPG and 7 assists=14 points roughly. The Cavs would lose by a lot if they only scored 42 PPG.

mofome

Banned

I just watched the heartless kobes get walloped in the playoffs. Lebron has shown no such chink in the armor thus far.

mofome

Banned

He's one of the best in the NBA at his position.

You're Mo Williams argument makes no sense, because I brought up the fact that Damon Jones left the Heat where he was great and went to the Cavs and was horrible. Lebron was still getting people open looks last year, Damon Jones just didn't fit that system. Mo Williams fits the system in Cleveland and he's looked great in it.

There are other people on the Cavs besides Lebron. I mean, he only average 28 PPG and 7 assists=14 points roughly. The Cavs would lose by a lot if they only scored 42 PPG.

Lebron gets so much defensive attention that it is silly. What do you think that does for everyone else? No other supporting cast has anything like it.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

so he won 2 as a kid, because of Shaq. As he got better and better he won less? There you go.

Kobe plays in the West, Lebron plays in the East. Wade wouldn't have a ring if he played in the West, and I'm his biggest supporter. Lebron got through the East and then didn't even belong in the same gym with the West a couple years ago. This year, they'll push the Western team to 6 games, but right now the West is superior to the East.

It's much easier to carry your team through the playoffs when you're playing the Wizards, Hawks, Pistons, and other teams like that, than it is to carry your team through the playoffs against San Antonio, Dallas, Utah, and teams like that.

JaBrady

EOG Addicted

everyone has their points - mostly good points and I enjoy the discussion

but why do people get personal? the thread title "Kobe aint no Lebron" - OK

Mo, like you I would take LBJ over Kobe - but the point of contention is you stating your opinion that the Cavs don't have a talented roster and then claiming it as a fact and disregarding others opinions. I don't agree and neither do many others. No biggie.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Lebron gets so much defensive attention that it is silly. What do you think that does for everyone else? No other supporting cast has anything like it.

Wade, Lebron and Kobe get the same amount of defensive attention. That can't be argued.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I just watched the heartless kobes get walloped in the playoffs. Lebron has shown no such chink in the armor thus far.

He hasn't shown it this year. He's also played the Hawks and Pistons and Kobe has played Utah and Houston.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

That is the largest load of nonsense I have ever read. You're not bright nor more knowledgeable on any sports topics than I. I don't know where you get this crap from, but you're wasting time. Stick with the topic, this is an absolute waste to read and reply to. Getting all personal. You're acting kinda weird.

lol

logic and reason!? what the hell is that shit doing in an argument!? get it out of here!!

signed,
mo

mo, i'm sorry you have a total disregard for common sense and other's points of view. i've outlined why your opinion articulated as some kind of universal truth/fact is false. i have little doubt that others understand exactly what i'm saying and agree with it (obviously timely does).

have fun arguing your point. lebron is not undeniably the best, and i'll leave it at that. if you can't see why i say that at this point in the discussion, there's nothing more than can be said to you.

take care, mo.

mofome

Banned

lol

logic and reason!? what the hell is that shit doing in an argument!? get it out of here!!

signed,
mo

mo, i'm sorry you have a total disregard for common sense and other's points of view. i've outlined why your opinion articulated as some kind of universal truth/fact is false. i have little doubt that others understand exactly what i'm saying and agree with it (obviously timely does).

have fun arguing your point. lebron is not undeniably the best, and i'll leave it at that. if you can't see why i say that at this point in the discussion, there's nothing more than can be said to you.

take care, mo.

lol

you're nuts.

I got that one from you in this vary thread. Maybe thats what you're looking for. Brilliant and understated, I like it.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Things I think I think...

1- Lebron better then Kobe
2- Lebron's supporting cast is VERY underrated. They are not scrubs.
3- The point about Mo Williams shooting 3s better is somewhat silly. I'd say 80% of NBA 3 pointers are wide open from someone driving and dishing. Mo Williams may get MORE 3 pointers this season but having a better percentage isn't due to Lebron. 3 pointers are mostly open from another's drive in the NBA.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

the biggest stat in sports is WINS.

Actually, its not. When you are comparing players, the number of titles is Mr Irrelevent. The number of POINTS SCORED is all that matters. The object of the game in basketball is to put the ball in the basket. The person who does that more times is better by definition.

mofome

Banned

Actually, its not. When you are comparing players, the number of titles is Mr Irrelevent. The number of POINTS SCORED is all that matters. The object of the game in basketball is to put the ball in the basket. The person who does that more times is better by definition.

Incorrect.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

That made me want to puke.... In no way is that correct.

ATX

Tim Duncan was the best player in the league for a time, without being the scoring leader.

ATX

Until guys are shooting 65% from the field, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals, for and against are equally important statistics.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

What's not correct about it?

The best player in the NBA is just not the scoring leader. Iverson lead in scoring and never was the best player in the game. Shaq didn't win scoring titles, Duncan didn't....

Kevin martin was 7th in scoring average this year AND last year. Do you consider Kevin Martin of the Sacramento Kings the 7th best player in the NBA?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The best player in the NBA is just not the scoring leader. Iverson lead in scoring and never was the best player in the game. Shaq didn't win scoring titles, Duncan didn't....

Kevin martin was 7th in scoring average this year AND last year. Do you consider Kevin Martin of the Sacramento Kings the 7th best player in the NBA?

Really? The year he won the MVP and took his mediocre Sixers team to the Finals I thought he was pretty good... :+clueless

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Usually the guys who are 1-3 in scoring are the best players in the league. Although I don't 100% agree with FK, his point treads water.

Look at the top 3 scorers the last 5 years.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Really? The year he won the MVP and took his mediocre Sixers team to the Finals I thought he was pretty good... :+clueless

Did you consider Iverson the best player in the game at any point? I sure as hell didn't. Iverson won 4 scoring titles. yeah, he made the finals 1 year. he has always been a scorer. Seems like teams have been better once he left lately.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Usually the guys who are 1-3 in scoring are the best players in the league. Although I don't 100% agree with FK, his point treads water.

Look at the top 3 scorers the last 5 years.

Of course his point has some validity but to be as direct as saying whoever puts the ball in the basket the most is ridiculous. See Kevin martin. He wouldn't crack many teams starting five and he was 7th in scoring this year and last year.

Boston

EOG Dedicated

mo you can't be serious with this thread. So many ridiculous statements I couldn't take them all in. Kobe is a better player all day. I don't think that is even a question. Also every player on the cavs is or was an nba starter. It's not that serious for me to go look up but my guess is that there aren't many teams that can say that. His squad is beastly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. The cavs play in the east and shouldn't even be compared to any team or player in the west unless they win a championship. The cavs don't make the finals in the west period. Spurs jazz nuggs rox lakers the conference is stacked. The east has the cavs and a beat up limping celts squad. Please the two conferences can't even be mentioned together this year. The cavs get to walk to the eastern finals and play the celts. They will probably win but get massacred in the finals. When the lakers beat the cavs in the finals I don't want to hear this garbage anymore. How can you compare the two when the lakers smashed the cavs at home went into cleveland and beat them and beat them in a series. Lebron looks average with a solid defender on him. Can we please stop sucking the mans dick

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

mo you can't be serious with this thread. So many ridiculous statements I couldn't take them all in. Kobe is a better player all day. I don't think that is even a question. Also every player on the cavs is or was an nba starter. It's not that serious for me to go look up but my guess is that there aren't many teams that can say that. His squad is beastly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. The cavs play in the east and shouldn't even be compared to any team or player in the west unless they win a championship. The cavs don't make the finals in the west period. Spurs jazz nuggs rox lakers the conference is stacked. The east has the cavs and a beat up limping celts squad. Please the two conferences can't even be mentioned together this year. The cavs get to walk to the eastern finals and play the celts. They will probably win but get massacred in the finals. When the lakers beat the cavs in the finals I don't want to hear this garbage anymore. How can you compare the two when the lakers smashed the cavs at home went into cleveland and beat them and beat them in a series. Lebron looks average with a solid defender on him. Can i please suck the mans dick?
:gay:

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Tim Duncan was the best player in the league for a time, without being the scoring leader.

If player A scores less points than player B, you better come up with a pretty good reason as to why Player A is better.