KFC offered me a raincheck application instead of the free coupon meal

Went to KFC trying to take them up on the free grilled chicken meal coupon that's only valid for a few more days. Instead of giving me the meal, they made me fill out an application for a raincheck which will get mailed to me.

So what's the deal here? Did they get too many people trying to use the coupon multiple times? This whole thing gets a thumbs down from me.

2938u4ji23

Apple

Banned
Re: KFC offered me a raincheck application instead of the free coupon meal

There is no grilled chicken left here in L.A

Apple

Banned

I think they took it all..

The one right by my house told me they dont have the machine.

I think they took it all..

The one right by my house told me they dont have the machine.

Interesting. This one I visited today still had all the signs up for the grilled chicken. But I could see if flopping in some areas for sure.

cheapseats

EOG Master

I got a free piece a few days ago from the coupon, let me tell you something, YOU AINT MISSING CHIT....

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i went to try it sometime the first week it came out, and every shop in vegas was out of thighs and breast, i was like uh no ty then

Brewers in 7

EOG Dedicated

they had some guy from KFC do a commercial saying they couldnt honor the coupons, but come in and theyll give u a raincheck..

I got a free piece a few days ago from the coupon, let me tell you something, YOU AINT MISSING CHIT....

I think people were looking more forward to the sides and biscuit than the grilled chicken! :)

they had some guy from KFC do a commercial saying they couldnt honor the coupons, but come in and theyll give u a raincheck..

Didn't Oprah Winfrey support this whole idea? I wonder what she thinks about them not honoring them.

Dante

EOG Veteran

ReV Jeremiah Wright
said " america's chickens have come to roost".. but not at KFC I would guess

Went to KFC trying to take them up on the free grilled chicken meal coupon that's only valid for a few more days. Instead of giving me the meal, they made me fill out an application for a raincheck which will get mailed to me.

So what's the deal here? Did they get too many people trying to use the coupon multiple times? This whole thing gets a thumbs down from me.

2938u4ji23

So disappointing. Those meals go for $3.99 so I understand your frustration.

You filled out an 'application' to have a coupon for this mailed to you?

:LMAO

Dante

EOG Veteran

How many pages was the application reload??? was it 2 or 3? the reason I ask is thats if its over 3 pages I would not do it:cocktail

J

joeybagadonuts

2938u4ji23

I really hope this is your lame attempt at humor, if not, this is the most pathetic thing I have ever read.

:+clueless

Yeah they gave this little slip of paper you had to fill out with your name and address so they could mail it. Looked like they had a lot of completed ones sitting in the pile also.

I guess it's more of the principle than the 3.99. I walked for 30 minutes to get there and try the grilled chicken but just felt shafted with them not honoring the coupon. For them it's only giving out chicken and sides that would just be sitting there unsold anyway so I don't know what the big deal really is here with them.

How many pages was the application reload??? was it 2 or 3? the reason I ask is thats if its over 3 pages I would not do it:cocktail

It was like 1/4 of a page. Just enough to fit name and address.

I guess I'll be on the mailing list for life now. Maybe they'll sell it to Jim Feist also. :)

I really hope this is your lame attempt at humor, if not, this is the most pathetic thing I have ever read.

:+clueless

Part humor but part frustration about the whole thing also. Not honoring a highly publicized offer is pretty lame.

2938u4ji23

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

I read that the system for downloading and printing the coupons were causing a lot of problems for KFC. Apparently, the coupon-printing software was allowing multiple coupons to be printed and KFC stores were bombarded with up to seven copies of the same coupon. This has turned into a disastrous PR issue for YUM brands.

I read that the system for downloading and printing the coupons were causing a lot of problems for KFC. Apparently, the coupon-printing software was allowing multiple coupons to be printed and KFC stores were bombarded with up to seven copies of the same coupon. This has turned into a disastrous PR issue for YUM brands.

Yeah I have to say it's good PR turned bad PR for YUM, Wynn. I remember that it said there was a limit of 4 downloads and there is a barcode on every coupon so I figured they would control it through that somehow. Guess something did not go as planned there.

Brewers in 7

EOG Dedicated

i waited in line for 20 mins waiting to get some damn wings last week, and well they ended up running out of chicken completely, the store was actually closed for a few days this week i guess still no chicken... good thing taco bell was right across the street

Blondie

EOG Master

Yeah they gave this little slip of paper you had to fill out with your name and address so they could mail it. Looked like they had a lot of completed ones sitting in the pile also.

I guess it's more of the principle than the 3.99. I walked for 30 minutes to get there and try the grilled chicken but just felt shafted with them not honoring the coupon. For them it's only giving out chicken and sides that would just be sitting there unsold anyway so I don't know what the big deal really is here with them.

Not really.

It is about saving a shitload of money. Let's be honest. If the software was allowing multiple printouts, then what would stop someone from doing this almost every day.

That is a much larger loss than this company was probably planning on taking.

I am amazed they waited this long to do it.

Besides, how is complaining about having to fill out a form for a raincheck on a free meal any different than complaining about a contest we offer here for free?

i waited in line for 20 mins waiting to get some damn wings last week, and well they ended up running out of chicken completely, the store was actually closed for a few days this week i guess still no chicken... good thing taco bell was right across the street

That's some story, Brewers. Yeah - I'd be hitting the taco bell at that point also. :)

Not really.

It is about saving a shitload of money. Let's be honest. If the software was allowing multiple printouts, then what would stop someone from doing this almost every day.

That is a much larger loss than this company was probably planning on taking.

I am amazed they waited this long to do it.

Besides, how is complaining about having to fill out a form for a raincheck on a free meal any different than complaining about a contest we offer here for free?

Because my experience has been that rainchecks are for when a business doesn't have the product that's advertised. If you go into Best Buy looking for that air conditioner that's advertised at a certain price and "they just ran out of them", then you get a rain check. But in this case, they had plenty of chicken and sides sitting there which could have been given. Filling out a form at that point to send me a raincheck for something that they have right there and can give me is bad business.

Blondie

EOG Master

Because my experience has been that rainchecks are for when a business doesn't have the product that's advertised. If you go into Best Buy looking for that air conditioner that's advertised at a certain price and "they just ran out of them", then you get a rain check. But in this case, they had plenty of chicken and sides sitting there which could have been given. Filling out a form at that point to send me a raincheck for something that they have right there and can give me is bad business.

However, it was advertised on tv and the radio that they would be giving out rainchecks instead.

It would not make sense for some to be handing out the chicken while others are handing out rainchecks.

Besides, if they hand it all out for free what about the honest people that already used their one coupon and then wanted to buy someone. They would lose out that money.

Still say it is the same as complaining about a free contest....

Hey, Reload I had the same thing happen to me. I printed out my ticket and took it to KFC. When I gave it to the cashier, she said they weren?t going to honor the thing and I should fill out a rain check form.

I said ?What??

Then she said somehow the coupons were messed up, there was some type of problem. I told her I didn?t want to fill out my name and address because then I?d end up getting on their junk mail list and probably get my email spammed with tons of crap.

She then got the manager who repeated the same thing she said. Then I said I had enough, and I?m starting to lose control and just to hell with it. If they can?t accept the coupon, OK, and complete their half of the deal, then just to hell with it all -- fuck it. I told her FUCK YOUR CHICKEN, FUCK YOUR FUCKING CHICKEN. I DON?T GIVE A FUCK! Never going there again after that. GO TO HELL WITH YOUR CHICKEN. WHAT A BULLSHIT DEAL ? FUCK YOUR CHICKEN, I?M OUTTA HERE!

Brewers in 7

EOG Dedicated

what i dont get is why wouldnt they just offer like other places do and give 1 piece of grilled chicken free on a certain date with a purchase.. that i think wouldve made more sense instead of millions of free coupons circulating around..

However, it was advertised on tv and the radio that they would be giving out rainchecks instead.

It would not make sense for some to be handing out the chicken while others are handing out rainchecks.

Besides, if they hand it all out for free what about the honest people that already used their one coupon and then wanted to buy someone. They would lose out that money.

Still say it is the same as complaining about a free contest....

I had not seen or heard any announcements on TV or radio about the rainchecks. The first time I learned about it was when entering the store and seeing a sign that rainchecks would be offered. If I knew ahead of time, I would not have even bothered going.

Hey, Reload I had the same thing happen to me. I printed out my ticket and took it to KFC. When I gave it to the cashier, she said they weren?t going to honor the thing and I should fill out a rain check form.

I said ?What??

Then she said somehow the coupons were messed up, there was some type of problem. I told her I didn?t want to fill out my name and address because then I?d end up getting on their junk mail list and probably get my email spammed with tons of crap.

She then got the manager who repeated the same thing she said. Then I said I had enough, and I?m starting to lose control and just to hell with it. If they can?t accept the coupon, OK, and complete their half of the deal, then just to hell with it all -- fuck it. I told her FUCK YOUR CHICKEN, FUCK YOUR FUCKING CHICKEN. I DON?T GIVE A FUCK! Never going there again after that. GO TO HELL WITH YOUR CHICKEN. WHAT A BULLSHIT DEAL ? FUCK YOUR CHICKEN, I?M OUTTA HERE!

I have a feeling quite a few people had this kind of reaction, beedo. :)

Blondie

EOG Master

I have seen and heard both. They both said the same thing pretty much.

They are sorry about the issue, however they were not expecting such a large turnout. etc etc rainchecks would be offered and redeemable at a later time. etc

what i dont get is why wouldnt they just offer like other places do and give 1 piece of grilled chicken free on a certain date with a purchase.. that i think wouldve made more sense instead of millions of free coupons circulating around..

That would have made sense and got people to try it, Brewers. Or at least make it so that you'd have to purchase a drink to get the free meal. Would have worked out a lot better.

Wynn

EOG Enthusiast

I'm guessing that the coupon-printing software you download and agree to use collects specific marketing information about you.

I'm guessing that the coupon-printing software you download and agree to use collects specific marketing information about you.

Yeah - it probably notes where you are, what time you downloaded, etc. It thinks right then - "ok, we've got someone here with NO LIFE to speak of!" :)