The Nationals Bring up another Rookie: He opens as a favorite right away

mofome

Banned
Ross Detwiler is a former first round pick of the nationals. Ross is a tall power lefty with a very nice fb and a decent curve. His control has been a large issue as it was last year when he really struggled at single A. Ross was moved up to double A this year and has shown a lot of improvement, particularly in his last 10 innings where he has Ked 16 and allowed just 7 hits and 1 ER. Detwiler, however, isn't likely to go deep into the game. If you are thinking of backing him today, and he has the potential to throw a great game, I would recommend a first five play. He has only thrown 5 innings in each of his last 2 starts and the Nats pen, as we all know, is a disaster.

Detwiler will be opposed by Ohlendorf who is only giving up an oppoenents ba of .233 and sports a very solid era of just 3.77 and a w/l record of 4-3. No slouch to this point.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: The Nationals Bring up another Rookie: He opes as a favorite right away

Re: The Nationals Bring up another Rookie: He opes as a favorite right away

i took the Bucs +105 then saw it go to +115

i guess people haven't seen the Nats play so far this season. this kid might be Cy Young but he plays for a Single-A team. why ANYONE would put a PENNY On the Nats is beyond me. here is a team that wins about as often as it snows in HELL yet people continue to play them as a FAVE! you gotta be kidding me

i played the Pirates and while i might not win - at this price the ONLY way to play the game is anti-Nats

mofome

Banned
Re: The Nationals Bring up another Rookie: He opens as a favorite right away

well he doesnt play for a single a team, the nats are one of the best hitting teams in the nl. they have no pen.

Mammon

EOG Master

I love the under here. Pitt can't score and Nats are too fat from Phillies' pitching ..not to mention the number is high!

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

I'm on the under as well...good info in here. Hopefully a good game by both starters and no pen blowup.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Yeah that might be better given the pen...if the ff goes over 5.5 I doubt the game will have much chance to go under 10 if the starters don't pitch late into the game.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Mo and Diogee i 100% agree and said that last night to someone who said they like this game UNDER

Diogee's point is EXACTLY what i said - if this total is OVER 5.5 after 5 this game will SAIL over

msubulldog

EOG Veteran

washington 3rd leading team in national league league in runs scored and last in wins; will only play overs with this team till they get over 10.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

ONE HITTER

FUCK YOU NICK JOHNSON

3-1 Pirates with 2 outs and Nats with runners on 1 and 2 and he hits one out

5-3 Nats in B5 as they get 5 in the inning all but 1 after 2 out

FUCK YOU NICK JOHNSON

mofome

Banned

pitt should have had zero going into the top of the 6th. detwiler was great