What's the farthest you've ever driven?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
One time i drove from Miami, Fl to NYC area. I took it slow, i stopped halfway, got a hotel, spent the night and finished the journey the next day.

Anyone ever drive from California to NY or vice versa?

Any good stories 'from the road'?

J

joeybagadonuts

Re: What's the farthest you've ever driven?

I hate driving long distances. My longest drive was from here near San Francisco to Las Vegas. There was a VERY good reason to do it, and it was well worth it, but I would NEVER do it again. I had also just bought a convertible car so it made the ride a little more fun. The drive back was torture though, even though I slept 80% of it while my friend drove.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I actually did the Florida to NYC drive twice. Had fun both times. The biggest drawback to driving from NYC to Florida is when you see the sign that says "welcome to Florida" its still like 5 hours to Ftl/Miami area. that 5 hours takes FOREVER.

I can remember driving from Paramus, NJ to Yankee Stadium taking just a little longer than planned once. :)

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Drove from Ft Lauderdale Fl to Boston in 27 hours once. One brief catnap in the car. I was 17yo. Also drove Waterloo ONT to Ft Lauderdale in 32 hours with a stopover in Toledo to watch Monday Night Football. Longest drive I ever did was with my Father we drove from Toronto to Vancouver Island BC and back. This is a BIG country!! I like driving. Have done hockey road trips to see games in one night in Ottawa (6 hours) and Detroit (4 hours). Worth every second of it.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Drove from Ft Lauderdale Fl to Boston in 27 hours once. One brief catnap in the car. I was 17yo. Also drove Waterloo ONT to Ft Lauderdale in 32 hours with a stopover in Toledo to watch Monday Night Football. Longest drive I ever did was with my Father we drove from Toronto to Vancouver Island BC and back. This is a BIG country!! I like driving. Have done hockey road trips to see games in one night in Ottawa (6 hours) and Detroit (4 hours). Worth every second of it.

Wow, great stuff!

Montreal to Ft Lauderdale...........my best time was 21.5 hours. Usually it takes me about 23.5. Round trip about 3500 miles.

Vancouver to LA did that once.

kyhawk

EOG Addicted

Longest trip I ever took was from Rose Bowl to Iowa City. About four chartered buses left from Iowa City to LA. Hawks Vs Wash, I think 81? We left directly after the game, non stop. About 10 mph thru blizzard across Iowa. I think we were on bus about 50 hours.
Fishhead, my college roommate, across the street was on trip. Oh, yeah, Hawks shut out and we both bet the biggest square bet of all, a big ten team favored in Rose Bowl.
I think the trip cost about 225, including hotel rooms. Sheet, I am an old fuk.

Taken two long trips. Drove non-stop from Buffalo to Jacksonville once....got it done in 16-18 hours.

Also during this last spring break me and a buddy drove from Jacksonville to Portland, Maine with stops in DC, Philly, Valley Forge, Boston, New Jersey, and New Hampshire. Pretty awesome to have a Philly Cheese Steak in the afternoon and a Maine lobster later the next day.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Daytona beach back to upstate NY in 18.5 hours, only time we stopped was to get gas/to use restroom (did both at same time).. ate in the car.. me and a friend rotated back and forth driving...

mike499

EOG Veteran

Sioux Falls,SD to Denver a couple years before we all had cell phones mapqwest ect we took three cars helping a buddy and his wife move long drive so rolled up an oz of blunts about the third one smoked looked back and saw no one pretty ripped and with no directions was gonna just follow along but those boring roads got going 90+ long story short slowed down shur as shit about a hour later found them

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

with the wind at my back I have gone 310-330 yards....on average i'd say about 245

(air is humid in hawaii.....don't hate, appreciate)

Seattle to LA many times. Vegas to Seattle, LA to Dallas, Yellowstone to Seattle, LA to Salt Lake City...

karamazov

EOG Veteran

In college a buddy and I drove from California back to Minnesota. We had spent two weeks in Cali and were out of money so it was time to go home. On the way home we decided to drive through Yellowstone. I had driven the from about 2-6 in the morning coming up to yellowstone so I slept through most of yellowstone. To make matters worse it added about 10 hours to our trip. In total we drove for like 43 hours straight. towards the end of the trip I don't think I talked to my buddy once because one of us was always sleeping. Someplace in SD we had to wait for an hour for the gas station to open. It was the only gas station at that freeway exit. No other exit for over 40 miles. No other choice but to wait for the gas station guy to show up, before the days of pay at the pump. Great time though.

karamazov

EOG Veteran

Another time I drove from Minneapolis to State College Pa for the NCAA wrestling tourney. 17 straight hours to show up for the first round of the tourney. Crazy stuff.

Doc Mercier

EOG Senior Member

Wisconsin to Paris, had one of those little cars that went through water too. Had a small charcoal grill in the back seat so we just speared salmon and grilled it up. It was me, 5 star, and po69. Car ended up sinking so we used po69 to float to paris. Great trip overall.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

900 miles to Kansas a couple of times in about 11.5 hours speeding a little and 1000 miles to vegas with 4 of us driving 250 and then switching off.

ChuteBoxe

EOG Master

NYC to Miami, drove the whole trip myself...I had a friend with me to keep me awake, but he didn't have a license. We drove straight through, only stopping for gas and food. Took me roughly 20 hours.

kermit

EOG Enthusiast

3 of us drove from Portland, Oregon to Quadalajara, Mexico back in the old days when the roads were not all that great in Mexico. Roughly 3000 miles
as I recall. Lots of stories as We were all young, single and foolish !

From the East Coast next to the Atlantic Ocean out to California and the Pacific ocean. Done it four times. Every time I swear I'll never do it again.

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

took a greyhound bus from tennessee one night back in '94 after some idiot in a bar convinced me we could make a killing working for the circus down near mexico.sixteen hours later i sobered up right outside of corpus christi and was stuck in a trailer for a week with 20 other people setting up and getting the rides clean and ready.i told the man who ran the place i'd work until i got up enough for a bus ticket back home,lol.

goodcall

EOG Senior Member

nyc to vegas about a year ago. i love driving...if I had the time I wouldn't mind doing the same trip again. only thing that can ruin a good drive is those fkn radar guns

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Guess the longest was to 1200 miles to Texas with 3 of us...never again.

Pretty sure Kansas is the worst fucking state I have ever driven through...just a straight fucking road with nothing around.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I've driven from New Jersey to California twice, and from Florida to California once.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

What's the best route to do Cali/Jersey drive? Looking for the quickest and safest. Also, any areas/places to avoid?

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Try to stay as far south as possible...especially during the tornado and twister season...

Drove across the country and back starting from San Diego in 1994...Drove through most of the perimeter states (I think we hit 35 states on the journey). The objective was to see as many MLB and minor league baseball parks as possible in five weeks.

The mlb baseball strike started the day we left.

mike499

EOG Veteran

:LMAOJust reported on NFL live Mike Vick is making an 1100 mile plus trip today