denver +280 series v the lakers, i'm on it like flies on rice

Re: denver +280 series v the lakers, i'm on it like flies on rice

While I agree than Denver not the greatest defense known to man, PPG is one of the least important stats to determine defense ability as it doesn't take pace of game into account. Also doesn't take into account how aggressive a defense is, which sometimes equates to easy transition hoops off steals etc. Missouri a good example in college hoops. Although they gave a lot of points a lot of times, the pace was so fast it is irrelevant. So try to use a better argument when dealing with this gridiron fruitcake so you can win.

This is absolutely correct.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

I'll use my eyes, and statistics over an 82 game season to make my choice. Lakers were 3rd in the league, maybe forth, in defensive efficiency and the Nuggets were 8th.

You can use your eyes, but the facts are that Denver is still weak defensively on the perimeter. Outside of Billups, they're not a great defensive team on the perimeter.

Those are facts. You want to say that they're the 4th best defensive team in the last couple of years, they have to at least rank in the top 2 of defensive efficiency this year. If you look at that list, over the last 5 years, you really can't argue with the results of the top teams. The Nuggets are not a better defensive team than the Lakers. You're really over estimating this team. I hope you have 1/2 your account on the Nuggets the way you're talking. You're acting like they should be favorites.

who the hell would be stupid enough to put 1/2 their acct on a series where they dont have hm crt advantage and an injury to their team's pt guard or small forward could spell their doom?

the value was definitely with the nuggets at +280 and +305 so i took it as i believe they are better than a coinflip to win the series if healthy, and if no bullshit happens. 2 yrs ago i had a big series wager on the suns over the spurs and the nash nose injury in gm 1 or 2 followed up by the suspension of stoudemire and diaw fukked up my wager

better than 50/50 in my mind that denver will win, but to put 1/2 an acct, esp with the acct sizes i carrry, on one series is fukkin stupid, and like i said earlier, if it goes 6 and is tied 3-3, i will have no problems hedging my wager if i feel the lakers are healthy and theyre gona win gm 7, if anything, it'll be satisfying to watch winky and tripp backpedal before gm 7 after saying that the series will end in 5 and tripp saying it will be rather easy

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

If it's better than a coin flip and you're getting +305, you should have over 10 units on the game. That's about as much of a value as you'll ever find.

I see you're already making excuses though. GL, the value is with the team that wins.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

if there was no luck involved, i'd win 85%+ of my wagers

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Denver played as well as it possibly could, and they still couldn't beat the Lakers; who didn't play very well themselves.... Dahntay Jones guarding Kobe? Now that's funny.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I was ready to say that Lebron was the best player in the league, but then last night happened. The best closer in the world is so valuable to me, that I've changed my mind again. Kobe is going to have a huge series.... I actually think that he's been fucking up by passing the ball and being so unselfish.... The great ones are all selfish...

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

Denver played as well as it possibly could, and they still couldn't beat the Lakers; who didn't play very well themselves.... Dahntay Jones guarding Kobe? Now that's funny.

yeah, denver really kicked ass from the FT line and made great decisions down the stretch, didnt they (sarcastic response to your stupid observation)

RED WINGS 2, CRACKHAWKS 0

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

yeah, denver really kicked ass from the FT line and made great decisions down the stretch, didnt they (sarcastic response to your stupid observation)

RED WINGS 2, CRACKHAWKS 0

Denver outplayed the Lakers in every aspect of the game, outside of the FT line, and they still lost. Remember when you said Dahntay Jones could guard Kobe? Now that was funny....

I know, isn't that tight? Especially when I have a future bet on Detroit to win it all. Thanks for letting me know that I'm up in my wager. It's a win-win situation for me. If the Hawks come back and win, I'm happy, but if they don't I win some money... Nice position I'm in.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

Denver outplayed the Lakers in every aspect of the game, outside of the FT line, and they still lost. Remember when you said Dahntay Jones could guard Kobe? Now that was funny....

I know, isn't that tight? Especially when I have a future bet on Detroit to win it all. Thanks for letting me know that I'm up in my wager. It's a win-win situation for me. If the Hawks come back and win, I'm happy, but if they don't I win some money... Nice position I'm in.

whatever pinocchio

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

http://www.peepsplace.com/showpost.php?p=571460&postcount=77

There you go buddy....

Sorry guys. Been a hectic week. Getting ready to move into a new place a block from Wrigley and it's been stressful.

A couple of bets I like. All are for 1 Unit.

Lakers: I'm glad the line came back.. I'm taking the Lakers to win the title at +105. (Bookmaker). The reason I'm doing this is because there's no better time to bet this team, than after their last series. They got arrogant, cocky and in over their heads in the last series. They thought they could coast by Houston, and they didn't. Getting them at + money, when they've been the best team in basketball all year (and the only team to truly win AT Cleveland), is a very valuable bet.

NHL:
Red Wings +100: I'm a Hawk fan but they aren't ready to beat this team yet, IMO. The Eastern Conference has been a much better conference and Pitt has gotten worse since they played the Wings last year in the Finals, while the Wings have gotten better. Getting them at even money with 4 teams remaining, is the best value bet in any sport.

For tonight:

Carolina +175: I'm not going to pretend like they're the better team in this series, but I will tell you that the best goalie left in the playoffs is Cam Ward, BY FAR, and he knows the importance of game 1. If Ward plays like he's been playing, they can steal this game, especially at this number, in Pitt. Pitt has flaws, and they were very prevalent in the regular season. They are not world beaters, and Carolina is just as hot as them, and has had a tougher road than them to get here.

You know nothing....

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

PS. I meant to say the Western Conference has been a much better conference this year.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Timely- you got a bad line on the Lakers man. YOu could have gotten them at upwards of +180 at 5dimes...

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

hurricanes +175 game 1 LOSES and the lakers to win the title will also LOSE because even if they slip by denver, cleveland will take them down................horrible line on the lakers, BTW

but 1 out of 3 aint bad!!! another losing sports bettor

:LMAO

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Timely- you got a bad line on the Lakers man. YOu could have gotten them at upwards of +180 at 5dimes...

Yeah, I saw that, but I did play them after their last round with the Rockets. I didn't get them at the start of the playoff's. The highest number I saw available after the Houston Series was +140, and that moved rather quickly to +120. I could have sworn I checked 5dimes, since it's one of the books I'm funded at, but I could be wrong.
Yeah, a losing sports bettor who is up a lot of units on this site on posted plays. My record is in my signature. I'm not like you, I don't bump all of my victories and ask people to suck me off... I bet for myself, not others.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Shaven, was +180 available at 6 O'Clock before game 1? Just wondering... If it was, I fucked up big time, but I couldn't find a number that was even close to that when I bet it.

I have been working a lot the last week and I haven't had time to shop. All I could do was line shop at the time I made the wager.

PS. Grid, it's not a bad line when it wins. If the Nuggets lose, you got a bad line because you lost, and I got a good line if they win it all. I could have profited a little more possibly, but not much.

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

dude, the lakers to win it all line was much better before gm 7 of the rockets series, and even better before gm 5, it was a given that they were not going to lose to the rockets with a gm 7 at hm, so if you felt they were gona win it all you should have locked it in when they were crapping the bed vs the rockets on the road but we all knew they would eventually win that series

and as far as my denver to win series bet, if it goes 7 which is a strong possibility, then i can always hedge out as the lakers will not be a huge moneyline favorite, at least it wont be too huge to be un hedgable

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Shaven, was +180 available at 6 O'Clock before game 1? Just wondering... If it was, I fucked up big time, but I couldn't find a number that was even close to that when I bet it.

I have been working a lot the last week and I haven't had time to shop. All I could do was line shop at the time I made the wager.

PS. Grid, it's not a bad line when it wins. If the Nuggets lose, you got a bad line because you lost, and I got a good line if they win it all. I could have profited a little more possibly, but not much.

Timely, +185 is available RIGHT NOW even with the Lakers having won game 1 against the Nugs already......

I really thought you were going to watch the game. I cant beleive you didnt watch it and you come on here spouting shit again. You just make yourself look like an ass.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I really thought you were going to watch the game. I cant beleive you didnt watch it and you come on here spouting shit again. You just make yourself look like an ass.

The Nuggets shot 48% from the field, and 42% from three. That's unlikely to happen again in this series. They didn't play a perfect game, but they played a very good one and the Lakers didn't play well. Kobe showed up, but everyone else on the Lakers forgot there was a game. Kobe will play like this all series. Dahntay Jones can not guard him.

Arguing with Nuggets fans is making me sick. I would prefer a Nuggets upset, as I love JR Smith and Melo, but I have a wager on the better team.

Shaven, I fucked up if that's the case. I just put another unit on the Lakers +180 at Matchbook. Thank you for pointing this out to me Shaven... I appreciate it.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

No problem Timely. I have always found futures at Bookmaker to be much shorter prices then other books. Something to keep in mind.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

No problem Timely. I have always found futures at Bookmaker to be much shorter prices then other books. Something to keep in mind.

I just can't believe I missed it. I must have been looking at something else. It's all good, I got a unit on a solid number now. Hopefully this works.

The Nuggets shot 48% from the field, and 42% from three. That's unlikely to happen again in this series. They didn't play a perfect game, but they played a very good one and the Lakers didn't play well. Kobe showed up, but everyone else on the Lakers forgot there was a game. Kobe will play like this all series. Dahntay Jones can not guard him.

Arguing with Nuggets fans is making me sick. I would prefer a Nuggets upset, as I love JR Smith and Melo, but I have a wager on the better team.

Shaven, I fucked up if that's the case. I just put another unit on the Lakers +180 at Matchbook. Thank you for pointing this out to me Shaven... I appreciate it.

And you think arguing with me is difficult.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

:+clueless

They played terrific on the defensive end, Carmelo had a huge game, and they shot out of their ass from the field and three point line. They struggled from the FT line, and allowing offensive rebounds, but you're basically telling me that Denver has to play a PERFECT game to beat the Lakers. Denver played a much better game than the Lakers last night, and they still lost. If Denver has to play perfectly, and the Lakers have to play awful, for Denver to win then maybe Denver doesn't have as good of a chance as you thought?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

And you think arguing with me is difficult.

They played the best game they'll play in LA in this series. They played as well as they could on the road, IMO, but of course that's just my opinion. They may be able to play better at home, but I don't think they can play better in LA.

Check out offensive rebounds fore me. Check out how many different players score for the lakers as opposed to the nuggs. Check out Nenes, JRs, Chuanceys, and god forbiod please checkout Anthony Carters stat line line. The only Nugget that showed up was Melo. You need to start watching these games if your going comment on them. you make it so painfully obious you that you dont even watch the games.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Check out offensive rebounds fore me. Check out how many different players score for the lakers as opposed to the nuggs. Check out Nenes, JRs, Chuanceys, and god forbiod please checkout Anthony Carters stat line line. The only Nugget that showed up was Melo. You need to start watching these games if your going comment on them. you make it so painfully obious you that you dont even watch the games.

Melo played great, and they shot well as a team. They played very good team defense too. Everything you said can be easily countered. No ONE on the Lakers showed up besides Kobe. No one.

I watched the game, but you're asking everyone to play perfect. You're nitpicking, really. You're ignoring how well they shot from the Field, and from three. You're also ignoring how well they played defensively. The Lakers shot poorly from the field. Second chance points saved them, but the Lakers are bigger than the Nuggets and they're the best rebounding team in the NBA, so that's not a surprise.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, I'm getting back $180 for my $100 and you're getting back $105 for your $100, but it's not a bad line because you won.
:doh1

I got them at +180 as well, now. My argument is that I got a better line than him if the Lakers won. Since I'll be getting a return and he won't be. It's all good.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Im beginning to wonder if he even bets. :cheers

Yeah, OK. Settle down Heat. I don't want you coming at me because I disagree with you.

You're a Denver homer, and that's been very noticeable. It's all good. You won't admit you're wrong if the Lakers win. You'll just make excuses.... Not shocking...

Melo played great, and they shot well as a team. They played very good team defense too. Everything you said can be easily countered. No ONE on the Lakers showed up besides Kobe. No one.

I watched the game, but you're asking everyone to play perfect. You're nitpicking, really. You're ignoring how well they shot from the Field, and from three. You're also ignoring how well they played defensively. The Lakers shot poorly from the field. Second chance points saved them, but the Lakers are bigger than the Nuggets and they're the best rebounding team in the NBA, so that's not a surprise.

OK I hate call names but you are about as ignorant as they come. Just say you didnt watch the game for god sakes.

You think shooting 4-14 from 3 point land is good? Are fucking kidding me.

Take out Melo and Nene and the rest of the team shot 35%! P;lease if your not going to watch the games and still want to talk about them do your homework. Youre getting clowned.

I watched the game and couldnt believe that as bad as the Nuggets were playing they still had the lead for most of the game. Besides Melo it was painfull to watch.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

OK I hate call names but you are about as ignorant as they come. Just say you didnt watch the game for god sakes.

You think shooting 4-14 from 3 point land is good? Are fucking kidding me.

Take out Melo and Nene and the rest of the team shot 35%! P;lease if your not going to watch the games and still want to talk about them do your homework. Youre getting clowned.

4-14 or 8-19? I could have sworn they shot 8-19 from three, but those are just stats... They could be wrong. I mean you watched the game, so maybe your eyes counted differently. I guess I'll trust your numbers.

Do you see what you're doing? You're taking away the terrific performances and saying that Denver was bad besides those. The Lakers were HORRIBLE with out Kobe. HORRIBLE. The Nuggets had more players in double figures, the Nuggets played better defense, the Nuggets shot better from the field, the Nuggets outplayed the Lakers and still lost. The Lakers are going to pound the offensive glass all series. They were the best offensive rebounding team in the league this year, so why would it be different in this series. The Nuggets held down everyone on the Lakers, besides Kobe. Get used to that happening because the Nuggets have NO ONE to guard Kobe.

I wish you the best of luck, but you're blinding yourself in this series. The Nuggets aren't going to play a perfect game in LA, and that was their best chance of taking one last night. They didn't get it done.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

We'll agree to disagree and I'll wish you the best of luck because I know how exciting it is for your team to get this far. Enjoy it, and I hope everything works out for you.

Besides Melo the Nuggets shot 4-14 from 3 point land. Besides Melo and Nene they shot 35% from the field.

The Nuggets cant guard Kobe. The Lakers cant guard Melo. Its what the rest of the team does that will decide who wins this series but to say the Nuggets played a great game is just not true.

The Lakers had 11 different players contribute scoring thats unheard of.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

well - now that this series is OVER and denver blew there ONLY chance to win at Staples we can start talking about the Lakers in the Champ Series