Is beating the closing line...

SSI

EOG Dedicated
Re: Is beating the closing line...

absolutely 100% NO, not for everyone... there is more than 1 way to beat the books...

SSI

Some people will just constantly swear by this, but there's so much more to it than beating the closing line. I remember so many times when having a better number than the closing line made me feel so confident only to have the bet blow up in flames as a loser.

Obviously if you can beat the closing line with like 200 bets you make than sooner or later those extra points or whatever will help you win or push a few more than you would have lost. But there's SO MANY times when it DOESN'T MATTER AT ALL! It means NOTHING most of the time!

cassiusclay

EOG Master

it is super important for a real sports gambler. what is the difference between a great stock broker and an average one? both might be able to pick winners but the guy who gets the better line will ultimately be more profitable...just my 2 cents.

I would also have to say this can depend on the sport. College hoops for example, I would say it is a way bigger deal to have beaten the closing line than the NFL. Because beating the closing line implies that the gamblers moving the line had a clue which really isn't the case with something like the NFL. I would say the opening line for the NFL can mean a lot more than what it closes at because oddsmakers are willing to take big action on the NFL with that number compared to the smaller maximums in something like college hoops.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

I don't think it is the most important thing but beating the closing line adds a lot to your profit over the long haul

(LOL at "profit")

SSI

EOG Dedicated

once again, it works for some, mostly the grinders but its not the only way to win and it sure isnt the most profitable...

with the exception of football and big games, handicapping isnt the way to go either..

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

i didnt say (dont bet), i said dont handicap individual games.. im talking about (MLB, NBA and NHL regular season)...

a few can win like that but they wont win the most....

system betting with a plan is the way to go.... auto-pilot...

SSI

cassiusclay

EOG Master

i didnt say (dont bet), i said dont handicap individual games.. im talking about (MLB, NBA and NHL regular season)...

a few can win like that but they wont win the most....

system betting with a plan is the way to go.... auto-pilot...

SSI

you might be the only other person on these boards who agrees with me.

:cheers

Beating the closing line is great.

Scalping and middling are great aswell.

But in my opinion money management is where most gamblers hit their downfall.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

if you just continue to martingale games the juice doesn't matter

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

BigDaddy, i never said martingale or chase... i said system betting with a plan, totally 100% controlled betting..

1. Lines are not the most important thing
(although i do like to get a good line)

2. Handicapping is way down on the list

3. Flat betting is wrong
(you need a base bet however)

think of the mlb regular season, as one big long poker tourney... know when to see the flops, know when to only call, know when to fold and especially know when to raise.. use your bankroll as your chips..

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

nowhesmyruca, thats where your very wrong... i could show you alot about how to win...

bigdaddy, i may double at times but i do not do an endless chase martingale..

its "how you bet", much more than "who you bet" and i can prove it..

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

there are many ways to win, never said that i had the only way....

i will win, every season from now on, no question about it....

SSI

cassiusclay

EOG Master

there are many ways to win, never said that i had the only way....

i will win, every season from now on, no question about it....

SSI

it's really not that hard dude, this shit is easier than the stock market.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

i have the SP 500 market figured out as well....

i am just about set, to do this fulltime.... sports wagering and trading the sp 500 market...

almost there...

be glad to teach both to any willing student, if your not 100% committed, dont waste our time..

SSI

i have the SP 500 market figured out as well....

i am just about set, to do this fulltime.... sports wagering and trading the sp 500 market...

almost there...

be glad to teach both to any willing student, if your not 100% committed, dont waste our time..

SSI

Sounds like you are soliciting for customers in this thread. First few posts you hint that you have special knowledge as a fisherman casts his line. Then the mention of systems and having it all figured out is tugging the line to try and get a bite, and then the revelation that you are an available teacher. The only next question is how much do you charge, oh enlightened one? No thanks!