get rid of baseball fences

Re: get rid of baseball fences

How would Adam Dunn and Pat Burrell play outfield?

Abreu would be happy.

I'd love to see Beltran or Tori Hunter and Edmonds in their prime running down stuff on an open field.

Turn all the stadiums into open ended horseshoes with a cow pasture at the 500ft mark.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

ummmm.....what?

I assume you mean take the fences down and make the field ridiculously large....would be exciting to see triples and inside the park HRs....but you lose:

- Walk off - HRs
- A LARGE amount of revenue for the baseball teams in seats they can no longer sell
- stats...baseball purists love stats and you will be completely changing the aspect of a HR

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Scores to games would go down. Big boppers would be played really deep, and they couldn't advance past second because they are so slow. It would turn into a game full of track athletes who learned how to slap the ball into a hole with speed.

Fences are largely I byproduct of increased revenue via more seats sold. That and the lack of real estate in suburban stadium areas are the two major contributions.

That being said, in this decimated real-estate climate the possibilities are there. Rhetorically speaking of course, which I'm assuming Rail was as well.