If you were to play Lebron James 1 on 1, how many points would you score?

PassTheRock

EOG Master
We're talking each basket counts as 1 point and you play to 21. Each bucket is one point and there are no 3 pointers.

Oh, also, it's loser's outs. That gives you the ball after each bucket Lebron scores.

I'm guessing I would end up making one LUCKY shot throughout the game and I would lose 21-1.

:pop:

Re: If you were to play Lebron James 1 on 1, how many points would you score?

I would say the same, it would take a lucky ass shot with huge arch.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I am honest to god an incredible shooter. Unlimited range and decent first step and am guessing I could put up 2 at most and maybe less if he had money on holding me to zero.

railbird

EOG Master

Are we counting fouls, If you pump fake you could draw lots of fouls. I think he is overrated, not saying he isnt the best right now, just overrated.

railbird

EOG Master

I think I could get 10 or 11

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You would score as many as he let you.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2169566 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 05-23-09, 04:56 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #6 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>railbird<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2169566", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Veteran

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2169566 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: If you were to play Lebron James 1 on 1, how many points would you score?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>I think I could get 10 or 11
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Yeah, Rail, sure you could. You really should think before you post. How much height are you giving up Rail, a foot or more? You couldn't hit the rim 10 or 11 times much less make 10 or 11.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2169573 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 05-23-09, 05:08 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #8 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>Flamingo kid<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2169573", true); </SCRIPT>
A Rod's BACK

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2169573 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: If you were to play Lebron James 1 on 1, how many points would you score?
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>You would score as many as he let you.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

FK just answered for everyone on this forum. :cheers

Buckeye

EOG Veteran

I played a game of H-O-R-S-E against LeBron once during the summer he was about to become a senior in high school. It was like one of those McDonald's commercials when MJ and Larry Bird were duking it out....only LeBron was MJ and Bird, and I was well, me. My stratagy was to beat him at the foul line. I went first, made three straight shots from 15 feet away, but he matched all three shots. Missed my fourth, and it was lights out after that.

What I remember most about that was that my daughter was with me, and she was rooting for LeBron:doh1

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

i'd call him for traveling everytime he touches the ball.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

You guys are funny - you would not score one point - you would not get a shot off - let alone hit the rim or backboard - he's steal it from you or if you attempted a shot he'd stuff it down your throat

cassiusclay

EOG Master

I'd have to get warmed up, wouldn't want to pull a hammie

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQvt1JFFHxg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQvt1JFFHxg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cassiusclay

EOG Master

true story, i played one on one with Lisa Leslie. i attended a female sports clinic in manhattan about 4 years ago. i pissed her off a little when i told her i was gonna dunk on her (the only thing i can dunk is a donut in coffee)....she whipped my ass in front of my wife. super nice girl, hell of an athlete.....so to answer your question, i would score zero on lebron unless i ran to the half court line and started throwing up prayers...

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

if i got 5 i'd consider myself lucky

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

0 unless i hit a running for my life sky hook from 25 feet

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

i really think id take it 21-16. full court 1on 1

0. And I would wager that the rest of the field here would match my score. . .I am assuming anyone who claimed differently is kidding, or dangerously psychotic. . .Lebron would hold 90% of the Division One college players under 4. . .

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

0. And I would wager that the rest of the field here would match my score. . .I am assuming anyone who claimed differently is kidding, or dangerously psychotic. . .Lebron would hold 90% of the Division One college players under 4. . .
no way so much could happen with the bounce of the ball and luck ,u could get a long board and one hand it and get lucky a few times ,if he shot u could get his board ,same thing , if he gos to the hole every time he scores every time ill give ya that

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

i'm guessing you're older than 40 and thus have a greater sense of amazement in lebron's athleticism.

he's fucking good, no doubt, but he's still human.

realistically i think i could get to 5 if my shot is on. i'm 23, 6'4", in good shape, and not bad at basketball though.

roach23

Banned

thread of pipe dreams here.

Teddy kgb

Banned

i'm guessing you're older than 40 and thus have a greater sense of amazement in lebron's athleticism.

realistically i think i could get to 5 if my shot is on. i'm 23, 6'4", in good shape, and not bad at basketball though.

I'm guessing you've never played organized sports, just dominated your under 6' buddies and that false confidence has you thinking you could get 5 vs. the best player in the game.....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Yes, over 40, but I played college baseball and am still in very good shape. However interesting such factoids may be to the observers here, I don't see how that's relevant. I stated an opinion regarding 90% of Division One college basketball players; my "amazement" at anyone's athleticism should fairly encompass those persons as well, as I understand the unique talent that such persons must possess. However, athleticism is but one component of LeBron's skill set. Perhaps you are in the 10% of Division One college basketball players who could get to 4. . .12io4j2w90

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I'm guessing you've never played organized sports, just dominated your under 6' buddies and that false confidence has you thinking you could get 5 vs. the best player in the game.....LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

i actually refuse to play against anyone that isn't at least a foot shorter than me and qualifies for the special olympics...

seriously though, i've played with/against collegiate players and held my own. i *would* be able to at least get a shot off; it would just come down to whether or not i could hit 25% of them. even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes...

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

more than 10% of college players could get to 5...you all have been watching too much sportscenter/lebron-lovefest if you sincerely believe otherwise.

no way so much could happen with the bounce of the ball and luck ,u could get a long board and one hand it and get lucky a few times ,if he shot u could get his board ,same thing , if he gos to the hole every time he scores every time ill give ya that
I appreciate the factor that luck would play, but it really wouldn't matter what a normal civilian did, or did not do. Whatever brand of basketball is used would be imprinted on the forehead of the shooter. The only variable is how deeply it's imprinted, which is solely a function of how many shots can be got off in the few instances where LeBron doesn't steal the ball immediately. . .

Maybe one. Might get another one or two if fouls are counted as a free throw even if not in the act.

I would try to bomb long distance to get one. If he came out to guard me at half court, I would try and get lucky to get a step on him and just stop and watch him crunch me. If I got up, I could make a free throw

Teddy kgb

Banned

more than 10% of college players could get to 5...you all have been watching too much sportscenter/lebron-lovefest if you sincerely believe otherwise.

Forget sportscenter that would only make Lebron look WORSE if it came to your opinion of how he would do 1 on 1.........he would look even better than he does now if sportscenter showed him vs. NBA players 1 on 1 with nothing to worry about but his opponet........WTW you wouldnt get a sniff of the bucket.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

ive had a hoop on my garage since 1960 ,i can shoot very well ,i could go out there now and hit 7 of 10 from the line ,it would be a mistate for james to leave me open and or not come to play ,i got a nice little jump hook as well ,now iam saying for real id win

I played one on one with Kevin McHale. I lived in Hibbing MN, for a couple of years and his house was two blocks away. Impossible to get a shot off when he tried..

PassTheRock

EOG Master

Are we counting fouls, If you pump fake you could draw lots of fouls. I think he is overrated, not saying he isnt the best right now, just overrated.
This is street ball. No free throws.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

undefendable skyhook is my game

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

undefendable skyhook is my game

i hear you, bro.

i don't care if manute bol is up on shawn bradley's shoulders defending me. if i throw my skyhook high enough, that sucker is going in the hoop. :cheers

idiotspayforpick

EOG Dedicated

make it, take it, he'd lose 10-0, 21-0, 50-0.......switch off, he's win if he had last ups.