Few questions for you horse race guys

#1 Why is there any question if Rachel will run in the Belmont?

#2 If Calvin Borel rides the Belmont winner does he win the jockey triple crown?

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Re: Few questions for you horse race guys

Distance is the MAJOR concern about RA.
I never heard of a Jockey winning the triple crown. But this would be in the record books if he did it. Feel sure about that one--different horses.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Rachel ran in the Oaks and then the Preakness fifteen days latter.
Its a lot to ask of a horse to run three races in that short of time.
Rachel can't win the triple crown so why take a chance of the horse
getting hurt.

Calvin would win the triple crown but the jockey is not recognized
for winning the crown. The horse is. No winner this year.

You really don't have to worry bout a Jockey triple crown UNLESS Borel rides "THE BIRD". BUT if there connections allow him to ride him I hope he loses BUT This horse wins the Belmont by 10+ lengths NO MATTER who he faces. He lost the triple crown on bad racing luck being forced 6 wide around the far turn. That cost him 3 lengths easily. He wins the Preakness easy with a better trip.

#2 If Calvin Borel rides the Belmont winner does he win the jockey triple crown?

They might want to save the horse's health/stamina for bigger races later in the year. With no chance for a triple crown, there's not really much difference in money made from the Belmont Stakes compared to other bigger races later in the summer - The Travers, the Haskell, etc. You also would not want to risk problems before the Breeders Cup later in the year - the shots have to be picked carefully here.

As for Borel, I figure there will be some sort of footnote or asterik for his accomplishment of winning all three Triple Crown races in the same year if it happened. But it's not really a recognized accomplishment compared to the same horse winning all three races. A unique feather in his cap for sure though and it will keep getting him some good mounts from here on.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Distance is the MAJOR concern about RA.
I never heard of a Jockey winning the triple crown. But this would be in the record books if he did it. Feel sure about that one--different horses.

Distance is of no concern for this horse, the only problem is that she's tired, too many races in a short span.

Heim

EOG Master

I would run her....racing needs the shot in the arm. She has 3 weeks off this time
and if she runs the same TG (Preakness) figure of 0 she wins again. This might be the weakest 3 year old crop I've seen in a long time. She's a front runner/stalker so the longer distance actually benefits her running style.

I think Asmussen will run her...

Apple

Banned

Race actually sets up for her as there is basically no speed in the race.. Belmont is stacked with dead closers its weird.. But to be honest she ran a really hard race in the Preakness and that was her 2nd race in 2 weeks.. Running in the Belmont would make it her 3rd race in about a month and plus its a mile and a half which is a 3/16th's longer than anything she has ran before.. In 2007 the great filly Rags to Riches won the Belmont but was never the same after..

She has nothing to prove.. I think its a no-brainer to "NOT" run her in the Belmont..

The others answered this correctly.. I'd like to add this, the situation we have here is extremely rare especially under these circumstances.. If it were via injury it would make more sense..

The Triple Crown is all about the horse, not the jockey..

Heim

EOG Master

Race actually sets up for her as there is basically no speed in the race.. Belmont is stacked with dead closers its weird.. But to be honest she ran a really hard race in the Preakness and that was her 2nd race in 2 weeks.. Running in the Belmont would make it her 3rd race in about a month and plus its a mile and a half which is a 3/16th's longer than anything she has ran before.. In 2007 the great filly Rags to Riches won the Belmont but was never the same after..

She has nothing to prove.. I think its a no-brainer to "NOT" run her in the Belmont..

The others answered this correctly.. I'd like to add this, the situation we have here is extremely rare especially under these circumstances.. If it were via injury it would make more sense..

The Triple Crown is all about the horse, not the jockey..

Why was it a hard race? She regressed a little from the Oaks race
but I think Boral had the wire measured and used her little the last
1/16th....

Cannon

Banned

I lost $150 at the track tonight I hate betting horses you can't win.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Why was it a hard race? She regressed a little from the Oaks race
but I think Boral had the wire measured and used her little the last
1/16th....

The trainer said she was dead tired after the race from what i heard.

Also, i think that speed figure guru's think that a horse will 'bounce' if they come back too quick off an effort where the horse runs a very fast number. Supposedly, Rachel ran a lifetime best speed figure (according to the sophisticated figs) in the oaks and came back in 2 weeks to run. Logic dictates that when a horse runs a really fast effort, they need more than 2 weeks to 'recover' from that performance.

Heim

EOG Master

The trainer said she was dead tired after the race from what i heard.

Also, i think that speed figure guru's think that a horse will 'bounce' if they come back too quick off an effort where the horse runs a very fast number. Supposedly, Rachel ran a lifetime best speed figure (according to the sophisticated figs) in the oaks and came back in 2 weeks to run. Logic dictates that when a horse runs a really fast effort, they need more than 2 weeks to 'recover' from that performance.

LOL....you make it sound like she's a $25,000 claimer. These Grade I horses
don't bounce as much as you think. She regressed a little (-4--->0) because
she chased a Grade II sprinter and the final time was average at best. She
lays over these horses even on 3 weeks rest.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

LOL....you make it sound like she's a $25,000 claimer. These Grade I horses
don't bounce as much as you think. She regressed a little (-4--->0) because
she chased a Grade II sprinter and the final time was average at best. She
lays over these horses even on 3 weeks rest.

You could be right, she could be an iron horse and no 'bad pattern' is going to matter one bit. Hope you are right, i'm a big fan, i'd like to see her win by 20 lengths in the Belmont, it would be great for racing!

Apple

Banned

I'm the biggest fan of rachel she has put hundreds in my pocket and touched my heart immensely. In fact i believe borel when he said she didn't like pimlico. Plus i don't think she is getting enough credit for the fast early splits she ran on a slow track. If she runs in the belmont She will get the perfect setup on a likely slow pace but again the long distance and recent hard racing could hurt her and that is risky. Even if she wins will it be worth it? She might never be the same this is unchartered territory my friends. Fillies are more fragile than colts. Its a lot too ask. By the way i meant to say the belmont was 5/16th's longer than anything she has ever ran. I hope she doesn't run even though i love watchin her run.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I'm the biggest fan of rachel she has put hundreds in my pocket and touched my heart immensely. In fact i believe borel when he said she didn't like pimlico. Plus i don't think she is getting enough credit for the fast early splits she ran on a slow track. If she runs in the belmont She will get the perfect setup on a likely slow pace but again the long distance and recent hard racing could hurt her and that is risky. Even if she wins will it be worth it? She might never be the same this is unchartered territory my friends. Fillies are more fragile than colts. Its a lot too ask. By the way i meant to say the belmont was 5/16th's longer than anything she has ever ran. I hope she doesn't run even though i love watchin her run.

Great post, i totally agree with you.

Apple

Banned

Connections definitely making the right decision.. No disputing it