Top 4 capoff standings

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
<iframe width='600' height='500' frameborder='0' src='http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=rTo9eEK120ghOd3plqz0ong&output=html&widget=true'></iframe>

Re: Top 4 capoff standings

an unofficial grading (diogee can use to double-check).

After Sunday, May 24 plays:
beedo 3-4.-0.67
BrickShitHouse 3-6, -1.65
Bailey 2-6, -3.59
Tuckman 0-6, -6.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuckman:
Seattle RL -1.5 +136 LOSER -1.00
Whitesox RL -1.5 +109 LOSER 1.00
Today: 0-2, -2.00
Previous: 0-4, -4.00
Total: 0-6, -6.00
BrickShitHouse:
Rangers rl -1.5 +146 WINNER +1.46
Oakland rl -1.5 +154 WINNER +1.54
dodgers rl -1.5 +122 LOSER -1.00
Today: 2-1, +2.00
Previous: 1-5, -3.65
Total: 3-6, -1.65
Bailey:
Detroit Tigers -1.5 +129 LOSER -1.00
Baltimore Orioles +116 LOSER -1.00
Previous: 2-4 -1.59
Total: 2-6, -3.59
beedo:
Chicago White Sox (M. Buehrle) -1.5 +109 LOSER -1.00
St Louis Cardinals -133 LOSER -1.33
Today: 0-2, -2.33
Previous: 3-2 +1.66
Total: 3-4.-0.67

Approaching the half-way point, the top three spots are close.. and even the 4 spot could make a big jump up with a couple of good days in a row. This thing is winnable by most players..

Cannon

Banned

Put a fork in Tuck he is done. How is he even in the thing in the first place.

an unofficial grading (diogee can use to double-check).

After Sunday, May 24 plays:
beedo 3-4.-0.67
BrickShitHouse 3-6, -1.65
Bailey 2-6, -3.59
Tuckman 0-6, -6.00
Tuckman:
Seattle RL -1.5 +136 LOSER -1.00
Whitesox RL -1.5 +109 LOSER 1.00
Previous: 0-4, -4.00
Total: 0-6, -6.00
BrickShitHouse:
Rangers rl -1.5 +146 WINNER +1.46
Oakland rl -1.5 +154 WINNER +1.54
dodgers rl -1.5 +122 LOSER -1.00
Today: 2-1, +2.00
Previous: 1-5, -3.65
Total: 3-6, -1.65
Bailey:
Detroit Tigers -1.5 +129 LOSER -1.00
Baltimore Orioles +116 LOSER -1.00
Previous: 2-4 -1.59
beedo:
Chicago White Sox (M. Buehrle) -1.5 +109 LOSER -1.00
St Louis Cardinals -133 LOSER -1.33
Today: 0-2, -2.33
Previous: 3-2 +1.66
Total: 3-4.-0.67
Can we just have you grade this thing? Seems like you are the only one on top of shit.

After Monday, May 25 plays:

1. BrickShitHouse 4-7, -1.40
2. beedo 5-8, -3.11
3. Bailey 2-6, -3.59
4. Tuckman 0-9, -9.00

BrickShitHouse:

Cardinals +104 LOSER -1.00
Tigers -1.5 +125 WINNER +1.25

Today: 1-1, +0.25
Previous total: 3-6, -1.65
Total: 4-7, -1.40
beedo:

Atlanta Braves -136 (J. Vazquez/J. Sanchez) LOSER -1.36
San Diego Padres +110 (C. Gaudin/D. Davis) WINNER +1.10
Texas Rangers -1.5 +153 (P. Hughes/M. Harrison) LOSER -1.00
St Louis Cardinals +104 (C. Carpenter/Y. Gallardo) LOSER -1.00
Baltimore Orioles -110 (B. Tallet/J. Guthrie) WINNER +1.00
Minnesota Twins -118 (B. Penny/F. Liriano) LOSER -1.18

Today: 2-4, -2.44
Previous total: 3-4, -0.67
Total: 5-8, -3.11
Bailey:

no picks

Today: 0-0, 0.00
Previous total: 2-6, -3.59
Tuckman:

Astros Rl LOSER -1.00
Brewers Rl LOSER -1.00
Twins rl LOSER -1.00

Today: 0-3,-3.00
Previous total: 0-6,-6.00
Total: 0-9,-9.00

Thanks for the update beedo.
Keep up the good work tuck.

Thanks, BSH. I'm just trying to prevent another debacle. The motto of EOG contests is: Don't sweat the game, sweat the grading. It's also important that diogee be able to keep riding his exercise bike. Swimming suit season is just around corner.

Can you imagine trying to grade contests while on an exercise bike? Does he have a built in laptop on that thing or what? Bailey i know you are lurking, you gonna make any plays tomorrow? Tuck, you going to finish making your plays or just concede? 0-20 is feasible the way you are going.

LOL

BSH, be careful, you don't want to accidentally post anything that another poster will whine and cry about and try to get you kicked out of the contest on a "bashing" interpretation. I know I'm going to (try to) walk the line.. :thumbsup

Ooooh, thanks for the reminder Beedo. That would definately be a bummer. 12io4j2w90 Even though i think Bailey takes this thing down.

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Can you imagine trying to grade contests while on an exercise bike? Does he have a built in laptop on that thing or what? Bailey i know you are lurking, you gonna make any plays tomorrow? Tuck, you going to finish making your plays or just concede? 0-20 is feasible the way you are going.
Nah not all that hard at all...you ever saw a recumbent bike and a laptop stand? Spend 45 minutes to an hour on it each day so why not multi-task? :houra

BigDaddy

EOG Master

The motto of EOG contests is: Don't sweat the game, sweat the grading.

LMFAO!

:LMAO

that is spot on:LMAO

nice work beedo i think it would be good for either you or BSH to win it as i think you 2 are the only ones that should have won it.

actually if BSH would have proved he won they should of gave it to him but they really fucked this contest up. then they dont bother to address the situation and i think that speaks volumes for how this site is handling things contests wise as they have just been so fucking bad its not even funny.

just my honest thoughts

although diogee is one of the bettor ones i dont understand him slipping up here:+clueless

they need a #19 from majorwager or a real grader that actually has a calculator that works:LMAO

So this contest wont be on PR at all? There will be major drama on the last day, i know it already.

That could be an interesting day. It may be better that it's not on PR because who do you trust around here? Basically, the strategy on the last day, if it's close, will be to wait until one minute before the cutoff time (which is 5 minutes before the game starts) and post your plays and then after you post it you wait a minute or two and go back and edit it. So you originally post fake picks and then right before your edit time expires, post the real picks so no one will have time to fuck you over by copying your plays or other gamesmanship. Pretty crazy, but hey, what the fuck.. :+textinb3 The risk is that you might miss the edit time window and end up fucking yourself with being stuck by your fake pick. It adds another element of gambling.. hardcore. lmao

Guess thats an option, never in the rules that you couldnt edit your picks. Just have to make the picks on time.

The 5 minute cutoff time before the game starts is, I believe, equal with a 5 minute time window that is allowed to edit picks. So even if a player edits his pick, he won't be able to edit anything before the first pitch. And I think the timestamp will show the time of the original post (not 100% sure about that one).

As far as I can tell you can edit as many times as you can in the time window. So, in theory, a player could post many, many fake picks and change them and repeat in the 5 minutes before the time window closes to edit. It's an extreme solution to an extreme problem! 91023i2ndw;l

Want to go practice in the asylum?
yankees tigers orioles manchester united Mexico soccer

Last edited:

Wow, this will be a big issue. Im not going to mess around with it, because that could get hairy if people want to challenge the issue.

I have another solution in mind too, BSH. But it's probably even more extreme. It would be perfect, IF the players involved were capable and willing to learn to how to use OpenPGP to encrypt the posts. The idea is the player, on their computer, uses the program to symmetrically encrypt the text of their pick. The text at that point will be random letters and numbers (and other symbols). The player then posts the encrypted jumble of text as they would posts any other regular post here in the forum. After the games start, everyone would be required to post the password they made up, which can be used by every other player to decrypt the player's encrypted pick. HOWEVER, this method is easy to fuck up if the person doesn't do it right.. Probably better to just forget it!

BSH, just for the heck of it here's what I was talking about with the encryption idea:

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)

jA0EAwMCQO5pB7PyAalgycA4mZmtRsdpinUcy9EXiqfdzWLP41uN9ssSMjSqaKjx
0G+S/NERmA9kaIntIFSSwCyLEAfX4mqr2ssRX9C2ZkwV7WiCJtQMvE5jvhati3AL
TAQwHlvBQFDaBiqYdM0WY8RMiTafdnBoEa+FDBTP1OOZwQA5N3BvvyytUAYNNYe5
+FnqEgreXm3fBotzE1ZbNdQNcPZJoP+x6dsk7y0VCqd+XHvDBCRLkgCKR3VtuuRw
+K+loHeH6MDraH29Yc6Ct/Ji/f+AvOdaP7YwTx0bMYapoTjGlbClu/a9VtDcECRJ
IEnUQ8767+ci2agxMBHY+BGIGzsXrigZw6U=
=3MH+
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

The above message can be decrypted into the exact same text as this:

Atlanta Braves -136 (J. Vazquez/J. Sanchez)
San Diego Padres +110 (C. Gaudin/D. Davis)
Texas Rangers -1.5 +153 (P. Hughes/M. Harrison)
St Louis Cardinals +104 (C. Carpenter/Y. Gallardo)
Baltimore Orioles -110 (B. Tallet/J. Guthrie)
Minnesota Twins -118 (B. Penny/F. Liriano)

---------------
The player would post the encrypted version before game cutoff time and then after the games begin, he would have to post the password, which in the text I posted above is shit666.

Proof of concept, nothing more. It wouldn't be feasible to get everyone on the same page with this.. and I'm not suggesting any changing of rules, definitely against that idea!

Blondie

EOG Master

The 5 minute cutoff time before the game starts is, I believe, equal with a 5 minute time window that is allowed to edit picks. So even if a player edits his pick, he won't be able to edit anything before the first pitch. And I think the timestamp will show the time of the original post (not 100% sure about that one).

Time Stamp shows original post

Anything after five minutes shows edited by on it at the bottom and yes you are right it is set up to prevent changes after first pitch

Blondie

EOG Master

that's cool, Blondie. I knew it was something like that..

PO69 is famous for his five minute editing skills and is one of the reasons we do things the way we do with the time stamps etc. :+textinb3

BSH, the program I used is GnuPG. GnuPG 1.4.9 compiled for Microsoft Windows. gnupg-w32cli-1.4.9.exe

All I did was made a text file (Notepad, or any other text editor will work fine) and type in the picks so I had a file named, for example, picks.txt. Let's say picks.txt is located on my Desktop. The next step is to get a command line prompt (find cmd.exe by searching for cmd.exe). Make sure you are in the same directory as your picks.txt file. In this example, picks.txt is sitting on the Desktop, so I type cd Desktop at the blinking cursor.

Then at the blinking cursor type:

C:\"Program Files"\GNU\GnuPG\gpg --armor --output picks_encrypt.txt --symmetric picks.txt

It will prompt you for a password. Make one up (don't forget it!)..

It will ask you to re-enter your password again to confirm..

And it will create the file picks_encrypt.txt on Desktop. You can open this file like another other text file and it will look like the encrypted text from a few posts up. All I did was copy and past the text and pasted it in the forum.

Decryption is a similar set of steps.

It is actually pretty straightforward, but it's probably overkill for this contest. I've been interested in crypto for years so it's makes sense to me. I've wasted many an hour reading this shit though..

Pretty cool beedo, you making any plays tonight? The way todays plays go will set the tone for the rest of the contest. I have a feeling 2 people are going allin tomorrow.