Any sport, What players come to mind when you think of the guys who just had fun playing the game?

mofome

Banned
Some guys just look like they are having the time of their life when they're playing, its a pleasure to see. Adam Dunn is a guy like that and the thread about him made me think about the topic. Last night adam dunn moves to 3rd on a double play and once he gets to 3rd he takes david wrights hat off his head and hides it behind his back. The big guy always has a great attitude in the club house and on the field.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated
Re: Any sport, What players come to mind when you think of the guys who just had fun playing the game?

Denny Hocking comes to mind right away.

Re: Any sport, What players come to mind when you think of the guys who just had fun playing the game?

Fritz Peterson...

mofome

Banned

pete rose was always sliding around and looked like he was having a blast. intense, but looked like he was a big kid out there

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Great question, its really hard to think of anyone, i mean, these guys are so intense and you can see the pressure on their faces to perform.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

pete rose was always sliding around and looked like he was having a blast. intense, but looked like he was a big kid out there

Pete looked like he was having a blast because he had a bet on the game!

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Rick Dempsy
Ronnie Lott
Magic Johnson
David Wells
Dizzy and Daffy Dean
The Harlem Globetrotters

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I think there's a difference between guys who look like they are having fun and guys who would play for free. I think VD's list is mostly guys who would play for free. Well, David Wells wouldn't play for free, but i think the other guys might.

Tamer

EOG Enthusiast

Jerry Rice

Doug Flutie

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Just about any player before free agency, higher salaries, and drugs....I'd say anytime before 1970...there are exceptions such as Magic Johnson...

The pressure to perform and do well is much too prevalent in all sports, including levels from high school thru college...and there are scrupulous agents and managers that are greedy that are ruining some of these youngsters...

Truly a different game nowadays in ALL sports...