RATE THESE FORUMS...

Re: RATE THESE FORUMS...

Drama is everywhere my friend but we can handle small doses
:cheers
For every one guy that doesn't like the drama, there are 10 that will tune into every drama thread whether they admit it or not. If JMan comes back with another drama thread, most will read it.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

EOG is obviously first. The only other one i've even heard of is Covers, but i just go there to read articles, i don't look at their forum at all.

ATX

I think that the slower the traffic the more forum solidarity. Not enough EOG bashing, it's that slow lazy summer time of year. It's getting too difficult to find something to criticize.

I don't read the forums all that much, I'm usually looking at games. I read basically by poster first, then by subject. The majority of posters that I typically read are that other place. To each his own, but I enjoy creativity. I like the Kobe vs. Lebron thread. Singular. For maybe 20 posts. But it's just over and over and over again, and all 4 of these NBA teams have been "lock" status at one point or another and... :deadhorse: Hell, I've been betting the NBA for a long time and I'm not really sure enough to bet on Denver for game 6. I think they both go 7. How much slower are the forums because of the economy/government interdictions? 25%

mofome

Banned

I think that the slower the traffic the more forum solidarity. Not enough EOG bashing, it's that slow lazy summer time of year. It's getting too difficult to find something to criticize.

I don't read the forums all that much, I'm usually looking at games. I read basically by poster first, then by subject. The majority of posters that I typically read are that other place. To each his own, but I enjoy creativity. I like the Kobe vs. Lebron thread. Singular. For maybe 20 posts. But it's just over and over and over again, and all 4 of these NBA teams have been "lock" status at one point or another and... :deadhorse: Hell, I've been betting the NBA for a long time and I'm not really sure enough to bet on Denver for game 6. I think they both go 7. How much slower are the forums because of the economy/government interdictions? 25%

We could have more nonsense if we wanted, but we dont want it. Its slower in the summer of course, but we could house much more nonsense if we choose to allow it; thats not the direction we want to go in though.

You're a pleasant read in any forum, in debate mode or not. The more candid a person the better, whether they like eog, ogd, pizza, small dogs, or whatever else.

ATX

defensive?

that thread is a near must-read if you are betting the game IMO.

I don't think you read OGD that much, not sure what crap you are referring to other than what spills over from the other forums, sorta like a digest.

EOG allowing linkage is a major plus.

Here it is. Homedog

JOEY CRAWFORD IS IN DENVER FOR GAME 6
AHHHHHHHH HA !

HE FINALLY SURFACES FOR THIS SERIES.

IT ENDS TONIGHT IN DENVER. LAKERS NEED A BREATHER BEFORE THEY GET LEBRON OR THE MAGIC.

SO IS
MARK WUNDERLICH......................THE OTHER CORRUPT FUCKER WITH SCOTT FOSTER AND DONAGHY.

THOSE 3 WERE THE ONES WITH ALL OF THE 1 60-90 SEC PHONE CALLS RIGHT BEFORE GAMES.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/05/ted-green--1.html
Ted Green: Fixing the NBA's big credibility problem <hr style="color: rgb(214, 216, 219);" size="1"> Let's say -- hypothetically, of course -- that a Kobe-LeBron NBA Finals is so close, David Stern can taste it. And oy, does it taste good, like the to-die-for corned beef at his father's deli, sliced thin. It doesn't take a genius, or even a commissioner, to know how big Kobe vs. LeBron is going to be, and how much money it is going to make compared with any series without the two superheroes in it.

Let's also say, while we're at it, that Stern is the Master Puppeteer, pulling the strings. He is Paul Winchell, with Kobe and LeBron, who know something about puppets themselves, taking turns as Jerry Mahoney. What do they take us for, dummies?

So let's say it's all in place, the heart (and the league) wants what it wants, but there is this little fly in the ointment called the Orlando Magic, who lead LeBron's Cavs three games to two in the Eastern Finals, with a closeout game, Game 6, at home in their Magic Kingdom, a game they'll be favored to win. Heck, they're 15-7 against Cleveland over the last 22, so why wouldn't they win it?

Right, the Conspiracy.

Which in turn takes us to the NBA's Big Credibility Problem, which is that everyone is now talking and writing about -- right again! -- the Conspiracy. What kind of believability can any sport have if fans feel the outcomes are as real as WWE?

So here's how Stern gets past too many people thinking he's Vince McMahon's evil twin:

The NBA needs to find it's three fairest and best refs, the ones most of the coaches are actually happy to see at the table before tipoff. In other words, the three who don't have Tim Donaghy's number on speed dial. And then just let the Magic and Cavs play, more old-school style, with fewer whistles, fewer foul shots and generally much less of the officials' stamp on the game.

If the Magic is better, which the empirical evidence points to, they'll win and voila, conspiracy theory is vaporized. If the Cavs play an amazing game and win without zebra help, cool, then Kobe-LeBron was meant to be.

Problem solved, credibility restored.

Me, I love the TV puppets. They're funny and charming. I want to see them for seven games in the Finals. I also think Stern was the shooter on the Grassy Knoll. So selfishly, I'm picking the Cavs to somehow, some way (wink) beat the Magic in 7.

For the sake of the NBA, though, as for what's in the best interest of the league, to get rid of all this nasty talk about the fix being in, I would actually love to be wrong.

-- Ted Green

Ted Green: Fixing the NBA's big credibility problem | The Fabulous Forum | Los Angeles Times

mofome

Banned

defensive?

that thread is a near must-read if you are betting the game IMO.

I don't think you read OGD that much, not sure what crap you are referring to other than what spills over from the other forums, sorta like a digest.

EOG allowing linkage is a major plus.

Yes, defensive. You read the word nonsense and thought, for some reason, I was talking about ogd. I was not. You just read into something that I had not considered because you are quick to defend that site. Fair enough, but they were not under attack.

I am far too frequently linked to obsessed older men talking about myself or Ken on that site. Its sort of like a group of gossiping women. Nothing to offer and quick to judge, not much for truth but dramatics trump honesty of course.

Yes. Defensive. It happens.

Joey Crawford wants to fight Tim Duncan

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GOqnqRgiYaw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GOqnqRgiYaw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Crawford gives Duncan two "T" while Duncan is on the bench. Ejection.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lu1Wz5JQEz8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMbeofvM1L0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMbeofvM1L0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugrOmbsV3U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wugrOmbsV3U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ATX

Raiders with the Crawfords at the ready...

don't mistake my attempt at extraction, generating opinion for defense. it takes you a long while to read most of the posts at your own forum, I know you don't read OGD. who would you say has an obsession?

One of Timmy's calls in this vid.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lupEXC-GDvU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lupEXC-GDvU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mofome

Banned

Raiders with the Crawfords at the ready...

don't mistake my attempt at extraction, generating opinion for defense. it takes you a long while to read most of the posts at your own forum, I know you don't read OGD. who would you say has an obsession?

Relax bud. Enjoy the game.

:+comfort+

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvkKdXLwt0U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvkKdXLwt0U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XmeA5VmhX4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2XmeA5VmhX4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Watch the video above. Shows that the fixing may have come from the top. Fans, announcers, radio and TV all agreed that the refs gave the game to the Lakers.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Watch the video above. Shows that the fixing may have come from the top,

NBAe is honest, no shenanigans going on with them. They make their billions by just having their execs putting their feet up on the desk and letting the chips fall where they may. That's the way big billion dollar companies usually do stuff, just put your feet up on the desk and let things work themselves out.

ATX

NBAe is honest, no shenanigans going on with them. They make their billions by just having their execs putting their feet up on the desk and letting the chips fall where they may. That's the way big billion dollar companies usually do stuff, just put your feet up on the desk and let things work themselves out.

and you are how old?

Tim made a lot of money, enough to sit for a while.

Out of the ones listed (bare in mind that I'm a bit out of the "daily forumville loop"):

1-THERX
2- OGD
3-EOG
4-COVERS
5-MADJACK'S
6-GIQ
7-SBR
8-MW

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

The RX
EOG

I have met literally hundreds of posters and the friendships that I have made have been worth it...guys who like to gamble and sit around and discuss gambling are the guys I want to hang with....gambling is my life and I apologize to nobody if they think that is fucked up...been around it since I was a young kid....

skoda

EOG Senior Member

1-EOG Shrink has been around longer then me 12io4j2w90

2-THERX Not posting much anywhere but no doubt will always be around usually my 1st stop

3-COVERS Like their contests thru Wagerline

5-MADJACK'S Been around the longest I think?

8-MW Devil and Major?

nn Whatever happened to Mark Getz MGsports
Tom Gallagher Sports?

Apple

Banned

4-SBR - C bizarre to even figure out those guys..Ive tried reading it a few times to get into but I just don't know the background of some of those guys. But they have JJ so I poke in there often to read a bit.

Not surprised that you find SBR hard to figure out and you don't know the background of the "mod/ghosts" oh I mean posters.. I think that place has become irrelevant.

9 - Cappersmall is one to check ut..many many many CAPPERS there and not Any drama..sort of nice at times..not hardly mentioned and not a ton of crossover..

I agree 100%, underrated forum.. I'm surprised this CM isn't mentioned more, I think that place has waaaay better more knowledgable posters than lets say SBR. The place is cool, they have their own thing going on and dont really bother about other forums..

BuzzRavanaugh

EOG Enthusiast

MW is my #1-- yeah its true that it probably has seen better days but the guys who post over there are great and its a fun place to hang out.

EOG is my #2-- while the drama and off topic threads drive me nuts--what I like is you guys like to post about sports-- I love that!! I think this place is fun and I enjoy reading the stuff.

I like places that people post their information and have an opinion. I don't get into people bragging about getting the better number or by using a coupon it becomes EV proposition--don't get me wrong those guys are sharp and earn but it is almost a "my penis is bigger" type mentality. I have learned a ton of stuff from Fezzik and those guys but i don't think the forums are "fun" to participate.

The Rx-- I don't even go over there anymore. Iceman's threads were the only reason to over there during the fall but now its ridiculous-- I removed the bookmark.

Madjacks is great-- I read stuff over there don't post

Covers-- some good info-- I don't read the forums because it just seems too much.

SBR--- I don't go over there at all. Maybe I should but I have devoted any time over there.

J

joeybagadonuts

1. OGD
2. EOG
3. MW
4. TheRX
5. SBR
6. LVA
7. Covers
8. GIQ

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Going back in the Way-Back Machine, the first gambling board I was a member of was at BetonSports. They actually had a forum on their site.

On to the rankings. I base the forums on more gambling info and less on the BS, eliminating the "Power Poster Angle".

1)Rx - Some long-time posters in the subforums with great info. Haters, say what you will about the Rx, but I haven't seen any subforums like their CFB and hockey.

2) EOG - Made great strides by letting their product stand on their own. Changes were positive. Great in-game threads.

3)Beyond Capping/Roughing the Punter - Two forums spun off from Fezzik's Place. Not the most active (I think they like it like that). Beyond Capping is my number one money-making forum this year. Very sharp forums. Also very quick to boot if you are out of line.

4)Covers - Very active forums, very square posters. Can't fade them all. Good in-game stuff. Don't really like the layout of the forum. Love the statistical features they offer.

5)Pregame - It is more technical, more tout-oriented. Have found some gems, mainly totals there.

6)OGD - Too little about gambling, too much about agendas.

Up and Comer - Exactbets. Like the group there. Need to see it for a year.

The others I don't really follow. One thing I would like to see on all of the sites is at SBR. They have a spreadsheet for tracking purposes for each posting handle.