What has happened to JJ Putz

konck

EOG Veteran
Re: What has happened to JJ Putz

Well if Manuel was a manager it's not a problem ...but Manuel suks big ....put putz in the 6th n 7th inning let him relax and gain back his old form if he can......Take Bobby 100 (Parnell) and put him in the set up role now ...he's still young so he needs to take some lumps before the end of the season he will only get better....this kid got mad at the Bosox and hit 100 vs them I really like that:thumbsup I think he is the set up guy next season any how.

bluemyboy

EOG Member
Re: What has happened to JJ Putz

gain his old form back???? Knowing him since the start of his career, I was waiting for him to get his old form back after having a phenominal 2 year span. The M's were incredibly smart to get rid of the guy after he pitched out of his mind for 2 years.

He is a below average pitcher, which is why he can never find a niche. He was blessed by finding a new pitch in 2006...but now he doesnt have it any more, or teams have figured him out now. While his era has never been extremely high, it is waaaay higher than you want for your key relief man or closer. He also had a huge knack of blowing leads and giving up huge HRs. He had one season where he went lights out with saves, but other than that he blows atleast a handful every year.