Rut Roh Rhaggy - ESPN reporting that Memphis falsified Robert Dozier's SAT's as well

Gotta feel bad for Pastner. He's gonna have scholarships stripped left and right and be on probation for a year or two.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Rut Roh Rhaggy - ESPN reporting that Memphis falsified Robert Dozier's SAT's as well

why do you think Calipari left when he did?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: Rut Roh Rhaggy - ESPN reporting that Memphis falsified Robert Dozier's SAT's as well

Gotta feel bad for Pastner. He's gonna have scholarships stripped left and right and be on probation for a year or two.

why that lying P.O.S. lying cheating scumbag Calipari walks away SCOT FREE even though HE broke all the rules. this is something the NCAA has to change - IF a coach breaks rules and puts a school on probation if he leaves and goes to another school THOSE SAME PENALTIES GET CARRIED OVER TO HIS NEW SCHOOL!

unfair to the kids at the new school? YES - but this prevents the coach from fucking someone then walking away w/o penalty and also this way someone who breaks the rules either has to stay at his same school or can't coach for a few years because NO ONE will hire him with the penalties this coach has on his record

This is far worse than what Kelvin Sampson got publicly rebuked for.

According to ESPN, Dozier's first SAT score was 1260....a damn good score that was immediately red-flagged because Dozier was a C- student and never came close to that score in PSATs. Dozier was given the opportunity to redo the SAT and scored a paltry 720

mofome

Banned

Coach Cal should be suspended. what a fucking joke ncaab is.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

So much for the internal investigation theory.

global24

EOG Veteran

why that lying P.O.S. lying cheating scumbag Calipari walks away SCOT FREE even though HE broke all the rules. this is something the NCAA has to change - IF a coach breaks rules and puts a school on probation if he leaves and goes to another school THOSE SAME PENALTIES GET CARRIED OVER TO HIS NEW SCHOOL!

unfair to the kids at the new school? YES - but this prevents the coach from fucking someone then walking away w/o penalty and also this way someone who breaks the rules either has to stay at his same school or can't coach for a few years because NO ONE will hire him with the penalties this coach has on his record

I agree with you 110% that the penalties need to stay with coaches for however long the school would be sanctioned for because the coach is largely the GM of the team and should be responsible regardless of which school he goes to. I think this will go a long way for schools deciding to hire someone if he has sanctions with him.

I have read stories that Dozier recieved a 1260 on his SAT, this was when they were out of a total of 1600. With him being a 2.3 GPA person, UGA ligitimitally asked him to retake the SAT because a 1260 SAT does not go hand in hand with 2.3 GPA. Dozier retook the SAT and he got almost 500 points lower with a 780!

If that doesn't send off a red flag I don't know what will.

:cheers

mofome

Banned

I agree with you 110% that the penalties need to stay with coaches for however long the school would be sanctioned for because the coach is largely the GM of the team and should be responsible regardless of which school he goes to. I think this will go a long way for schools deciding to hire someone if he has sanctions with him.

I have read stories that Dozier recieved a 1260 on his SAT, this was when they were out of a total of 1600. With him being a 2.3 GPA person, UGA ligitimitally asked him to retake the SAT because a 1260 SAT does not go hand in hand with 2.3 GPA. Dozier retook the SAT and he got almost 500 points lower with a 780!

If that doesn't send off a red flag I don't know what will.

:cheers

What he said

tripp

EOG Master

coach cal still #1. they all break the rules. same as steriods, i just assume they all do it so don't really care when these "breaking stories" eventually get out.

unseendamage

EOG Enthusiast

Are you crazy? Blame the NCAA coach when the kid is still in high school. Somehow i dont think the kid was at Memphis yet. Blame Calapari for that? Before the kid enters school? Blow me. Calapari has been 100% cleared by NCAA for all problems that happened at Memphis including Rose and Dozier. I'm sure these kids didnt have "posse's" or hope to get lucky agents within the high schools to make sure they were eligible.

If want to look at a school and a coach with major problems and Still havent been punished its USC. Mayo and Bush were both in college when their cheating occurred. What about Carroll????? He supposed to be the GM right? Haters are just bitches and envious as hell.

And MOFOME...a UghTee fan calling another university out for cheating....LOL Fat phil had it down to a science and Kiffen is right on his heels. Pathetic. And Scotty Hopson is crying he didnt go to UK....Hell they couldnt even beat UK with Gillespie coaching....LOLOLOL

Are you crazy? Blame the NCAA coach when the kid is still in high school. Somehow i dont think the kid was at Memphis yet. Blame Calapari for that? Before the kid enters school? Blow me. Calapari has been 100% cleared by NCAA for all problems that happened at Memphis including Rose and Dozier. I'm sure these kids didnt have "posse's" or hope to get lucky agents within the high schools to make sure they were eligible.

If want to look at a school and a coach with major problems and Still havent been punished its USC. Mayo and Bush were both in college when their cheating occurred. What about Carroll????? He supposed to be the GM right? Haters are just bitches and envious as hell.

And MOFOME...a UghTee fan calling another university out for cheating....LOL Fat phil had it down to a science and Kiffen is right on his heels. Pathetic. And Scotty Hopson is crying he didnt go to UK....Hell they couldnt even beat UK with Gillespie coaching....LOLOLOL

Georgia knew something was fishy and released the kid from his scholarship.......are you telling me that Memphis should get a free pass even though UGA said that he was too hot for them? A Georgia team that isn't exactly known for it's academic integrity (Jim Harrick).

Come on man......everyone cheats, we know that. This is beyond what most coaches do though and should be punished.

unseendamage

EOG Enthusiast

Georgia knew something was fishy and released the kid from his scholarship.......are you telling me that Memphis should get a free pass even though UGA said that he was too hot for them? A Georgia team that isn't exactly known for it's academic integrity (Jim Harrick).

Come on man......everyone cheats, we know that. This is beyond what most coaches do though and should be punished.

Hines, i dont doubt the cheating in some degrees. But you tell me a head coach can get a kid in school? I like to think that the university academic apartments have some sort of ethics. i do believe that Georgia as well as the rest of the SEC has higher academic standards to get in school. (higher than Conf USA anyways)

Yeah, maybe oversensitive because i am a UK fan. But how does the NCAA clear Calapari 100% and you seem to want to hang him? Maybe some Memphis boosters paid the right people. I dont know.

Seems like a lot of people think Calapari is Teflon John. I'm sure if he would of slipped slightly, it would be known. YOu know the microsope is on him hard and he still brings in one of the best recruiting classes ever. Think he cheated to get them? As much as Uncle Roy, Self, Coach K..........down the line.

Hines, i dont doubt the cheating in some degrees. But you tell me a head coach can get a kid in school? I like to think that the university academic apartments have some sort of ethics. i do believe that Georgia as well as the rest of the SEC has higher academic standards to get in school. (higher than Conf USA anyways)

Yeah, maybe oversensitive because i am a UK fan. But how does the NCAA clear Calapari 100% and you seem to want to hang him? Maybe some Memphis boosters paid the right people. I dont know.

Seems like a lot of people think Calapari is Teflon John. I'm sure if he would of slipped slightly, it would be known. YOu know the microsope is on him hard and he still brings in one of the best recruiting classes ever. Think he cheated to get them? As much as Uncle Roy, Self, Coach K..........down the line.

I'd say the boosters get guys in by cheating. They are the ones that hand the players free cash and all that.

I don't think coach cal is to blame. Cheating happens everywhere, some colleges are dumb enough to get caught like my FSU :(

Did Calipari arrange for someone to take the SAT's for Dozier? Of course not. His first choice was UGA so there is zero chance Calipari or Memphis had anything to do with it. The problem is that it was pretty obvious that Dozier did cheat and Calipari and Memphis let him into the program. It's the same thing we're seeing and have seen with other recruits.

Also, you said that the conferences may have different standards of admittance. Well, the SEC as a whole has a lower standard than most other conferences. I highly doubt that there is a large discrepancy between the minimum academics needed for SEC school compared to C-USA school. I know that FSU (and yeah they get a ton of shit) has had to pull offers to some guys that later get into SEC schools. Hell, did you see the article a few months ago where the Ole Miss DL said that he couldn't read? Amazing shit. I'm sure Callahan Bright would have gotten admittance to around half the SEC schools (Miss St., Ole Miss, Arky, Bama, Tenn, UF)