Calvin Borel gave Mine That Bird a terrible ride in the Belmont.. Do you agree?

Apple

Banned
It was his first belmont and only his fifth lifetime mount at Belmont, and boy did it show..

He moved the horse waaaay too soon, at least and I mean at the very least he should have waited a 3/16th longer to make a move maybe even 2 furlongs.. Horse made his move with with 5 furlongs left to go?????

Unbelievable.. Premature move

mofome

Banned
Re: Calvin Borel gave Mine That Bird a terrible ride in the Belmont.. Do you agree?

Seems so easy for people to judge afterwards. Unlike you, gyno, i know very little about horse racing. his horse must have been telling him something and he went with it. The guy is a great ider isnt he?

Re: Calvin Borel gave Mine That Bird a terrible ride in the Belmont.. Do you agree?

I totally agree with you. He carried himself terribly this past week in New York...

He passed up a chance to ride in an earlier race today. The owner was so furious when interviewed shortly after the race that he couldn't hide how angry he was about the terrible trip...

Had Kent Desormeaux been aboard Mind That Bird today, I have no doubt that it would have won...

From hero to goat in 5 weeks....

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

eh, wasn't he cruising in dead last for awhile and on the verge of fading? he had to push him at some point or people would be saying he waited too long to make his push.

i'm not a big horse guy, but i am big on common sense, and common sense tells me that summer bird was just the better horse today and that's why he won. jockeys just have to not screw up, they don't win races though.

just the two cents of an average joe horse racing fan though; i'm far from an expert.

Heim

EOG Master

I don't know if I agree. He is a dead deep closer and those horses have a
terrible time with the distance. He did what most do, to wit, flatten out on
the Belmont stretch. Even Boral said he thought he had plenty of horse at
the 1/16 pole..shows you how much he knows about the horse and the added
distance.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

that said, hell of a day by desormeaux. wonder how much you would have made today if you just put $100 on every mount of his...:pop:

Apple

Banned

Seems so easy for people to judge afterwards. Unlike you, gyno, i know very little about horse racing. his horse must have been telling him something and he went with it. The guy is a great ider isnt he?

Great riders give bad rides all the time.. If Join in the dance stays on the rail in the Derby, then Borel is probably blocked and gets ridiculed for the ride..

Apple

Banned

I totally agree with you. He carried himself terribly this past week in New York...

He passed up a chance to ride in an earlier race today. The owner was so furious when interviewed shortly after the race that he couldn't hide how angry he was about the terrible trip...

Had Kent Desormeaux been aboard Mind That Bird today, I have no doubt that it would have won...

From hero to goat in 5 weeks....

Exactly, I taped the ABC coverage and I was watching it right now.. Chip said Calvin moved too soon and he felt his horse was the best in the race..

I'm not saying MTB was the best, I'm just saying Borel gave an awful ride. His inexperienced at Belmont showed.

Kenny, you grew up at Belmont. You know this racetrack, its a unique course. 1 and 1/2 mile layout.. Borel should of arrived at Belmont Friday and rode some races yesterday and today.. His inexperience was extremely obvious, he rode the race like a 10 pound apprentice would of.

Apple

Banned

eh, wasn't he cruising in dead last for awhile and on the verge of fading? he had to push him at some point or people would be saying he waited too long to make his push.

i'm not a big horse guy, but i am big on common sense, and common sense tells me that summer bird was just the better horse today and that's why he won. jockeys just have to not screw up, they don't win races though.

just the two cents of an average joe horse racing fan though; i'm far from an expert.

Mine that Bird had the lead in the stretch dude.. He was already in front of 5 horses with 5.5 furlongs to go, almost halfway through the race..

I'm not saying Summer Bird wasn't the best horse, just saying Borel gave an awful, AWFUL RIDE..

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

i was talking about down the backstretch.

obviously he was leading coming around the turn, borel just didn't have as much horse underneath him as he thought he did. easy to do i would think after the charge that MTB showed at the derby and preakness. he finished each of those races looking like he could keep charging another 1/4 mile or so.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

he started slaming gin:cocktail and said fuk running an early race and was chitfaced by 6 oclock , grats on the show

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

Mine That Bird was sent off as the 6-5 favorite, but he seemed a bit more frisky than usual in the paddock and on the walk through the tunnel to the track. And he was a little too eager in the race, pulling Borel into contention sooner than anyone expected.
"He might have been a hair higher today coming in here, just a little more amped up,'' Mine That Bird trainer Chip Woolley said, "but overall he was the same horse I led up in the Derby. He ran a great race and just got beat, and you have to accept that and go on.''

Wade

EOG Master

Borel is still rich. He could give less of a fuck.

Apple

Banned

Mine That Bird was sent off as the 6-5 favorite, but he seemed a bit more frisky than usual in the paddock and on the walk through the tunnel to the track. And he was a little too eager in the race, pulling Borel into contention sooner than anyone expected.
"He might have been a hair higher today coming in here, just a little more amped up,'' Mine That Bird trainer Chip Woolley said, "but overall he was the same horse I led up in the Derby. He ran a great race and just got beat, and you have to accept that and go on.''

Chip Wooley is just being nice.. Just like he was being nice to him letting Borel ride the horse again.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

It wasn't the best of rides, but on this day the better horse won....

MTB had 2 bad rides Mike Smith handle him bad in the preakness and Calvin in the Belmont could have won the triple crown had he had a better jockey