All Game 2 plays from posters in Shrink's $2k forum challenge

Re: All plays from posters in Shrink's $2k forum challenge

Re: All plays from posters in Shrink's $2k forum challenge

awsome job!!! 12io4j2w90

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated
Re: All Game 2 plays from posters in Shrink's $2k forum challenge

Should we assume the below rule is in play so all these plays for more than 1,000 units will automatically be bumped down to 1,000?

4. Each capper will begin with 10,000 units and a maximum of 1,000 units per play and minimum of 100 units. If you make a play in excess of this amount, then the play is good for 1,000 units. If you make a play exceding your bankroll, then the play is void.

yes...

I believe that gamblers can bet to WIN 1000 units on favorites and risk 1000 units on dogs....

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

So, suffice to say rules 4 and 5 are quite confusing. The 4th rule says you can't risk more than 1,000 units on any play and the 5th rule says you can. That is quite confusing.

Isn't it easier just to delete rule 4 as it doesn't even really apply?

4. Each capper will begin with 10,000 units and a maximum of 1,000 units per play and minimum of 100 units. If you make a play in excess of this amount, then the play is good for 1,000 units. If you make a play exceding your bankroll, then the play is void.

5. For the dog, you are risking 1 unit and for the favorite you are betting to win one unit. If the Lakers ML is -300/+250 and you bet one unit on the Lakers ML, you are risking 3 units to win 1unit. If you play Orl for 1 unit, then you are risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units. Side betting Lakers -6 -110, betting 1 unit would be risking 1.1 units to win 1.

So, suffice to say rules 4 and 5 are quite confusing. The 4th rule says you can't risk more than 1,000 units on any play and the 5th rule says you can. That is quite confusing.

Isn't it easier just to delete rule 4 as it doesn't even really apply?

5. For the dog, you are risking 1 unit and for the favorite you are betting to win one unit. If the Lakers ML is -300/+250 and you bet one unit on the Lakers ML, you are risking 3 units to win 1unit. If you play Orl for 1 unit, then you are risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units. Side betting Lakers -6 -110, betting 1 unit would be risking 1.1 units to win 1.
The plays you are questioning are reverse bets. Let me look into all of them. What Shrink says is correct. I'll check in when I get a chance. Thanks.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

The plays you are questioning are reverse bets. Let me look into all of them. What Shrink says is correct. I'll check in when I get a chance. Thanks.

Thanks Raiders. True professional.

I see two reverse plays that are within the rules of the contest.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="TrGameOdd"><td align="center">Ticket #729347
June-07,1:20:13</td><td>INTERNET/-1</td><td>
June-07,8:05:00
June-07,8:05:00</td><td>
NBA
NBA</td><td>REVERSE ACTION (1000 LSD) (1 of 1)
[703] TOTAL o201-120 (B+?) (ORLANDO vrs LA LAKERS)
[704] LA LAKERS -5-145 (B+1?)</td><td>2900/4000</td></tr></tbody></table>

This was a 1000 unit reverse buying points. In essence the risk is twice the amount of -145 play.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I see two reverse plays that are within the rules of the contest.

This was a 1000 unit reverse buying points. In essence the risk is twice the amount of -145 play.

What I'm talking about are all these ML plays for well over 1,000 units. I read rule 4 as saying you can't make those wagers.

Like this one:

Placed User/Phone Game Date Sport Description Risk/Win
Ticket #729682
June-07,5:56:20 INTERNET/-1
NBA STRAIGHT BET
[704] LA LAKERS -340 1790/526

What I'm talking about are all these ML plays for well over 1,000 units. I read rule 4 as saying you can't make those wagers.

Like this one:

Placed User/Phone Game Date Sport Description Risk/Win
Ticket #729682
June-07,5:56:20 INTERNET/-1
NBA STRAIGHT BET
[704] LA LAKERS -340 1790/526
"IF" bets are a loop hole imo.

The problem I see is that they "took" the bet, but I also agree that this violates the "spirit" of the contest and quite possibly, the rules as well...

TY for pointing this out Enfuego...

Hopefully, this will not be an issue...

THE SHRINK

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

"IF" bets are a loop hole imo.

What do you mean Raiders? Isn't that example the LA ML for this game? Isn't rule 4 clear you can't make a play for more than 1,000 Units on any given play? I don't get it. In fact, that rule is crystal clear that you cannot make any play for more than 1,000 Units right?

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

The problem I see is that they "took" the bet, but I also agree that this violates the "spirit" of the contest and quite possibly, the rules as well...

TY for pointing this out Enfuego...

Hopefully, this will not be an issue...

THE SHRINK

I agree, I think any single play made in this contest can be for no more than 1,000 Units according to rule 4. I told my guys that was the rule so we've been playing by spirit of the contest.

One other thing that I would like to mention is that Roach made me aware of the play after he had made it asking if he could cancel. I called up legalsports to check if their software would except wagers more that 1000 units.

They told me "no" and then we discussed one of the "reverse" bets. Since the rules indicated that all NBA plays would be accepted and that no plays could be voided, it stood.

As stated, it does violate the intent and spirit, but Roach did not try to "sneak" it in and was willing to cancel.

Enfuego - I'd also like to thank you for pointing it out. At this point it would be unfair to change any rules. More players may have played the reverse bets besides Roach. If that were to occur and Roach's was canceled, he would have a valid complaint.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Enfuego - I'd also like to thank you for pointing it out. At least point it would be unfair to change any rules. More players may have played the reverse bets besides Roach. If that were to occur and Roaches be was canceled, he would have a valid complaint.

Raiders, I don't want to go on and on about this however there's a ton of bets placed that we can see in this thread that are placed for more than 1,000 Units that have nothing to do with reverse bets or anything like that. How about his future:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=TrGameEven><TD align=middle>Ticket #728760
June-04,8:15:06</TD><TD>INTERNET/-1</TD><TD>
June-07,8:05:01</TD><TD>
NBA</TD><TD>STRAIGHT BET
[782] LAKERS SERIES -290</TD><TD>2900/1000</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How is this wager not breaking Rule #4?

If you tell me that legal screwed up by taking the wager for more than 1,000 Units and these guys didn't read the rules and placed the bets and you're accepting them for who knows what reason then we have to accept it.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

On a -280 play, you could risk 2800 to win 1000.

Raiders, that's not what the rule says. It says you can't wager more than 1,000 on any play right? Please tell me how I'm reading this wrong.

Raiders, that's not what the rule says. It says you can't wager more than 1,000 on any play right? Please tell me how I'm reading this wrong.
I don't mind going on about it. It helps to straighten things out, not only for this contest but future ones.

5. For the dog, you are risking 1 unit and for the favorite you are betting to win one unit. If the Lakers ML is -300/+250 and you bet one unit on the Lakers ML, you are risking 3 units to win 1unit. If you play Orl for 1 unit, then you are risking 1 unit to win 2.5 units. Side betting Lakers -6 -110, betting 1 unit would be risking 1.1 units to win

If you place a "wager" at -290 with a book for 1000, then you are risking 2900.

Final Rules after Legalsports became involved.

Prize Money: $<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">2,000.00</st1:address></st1:street>
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on"></st1:address></st1:street>​
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">
1<sup>st</sup> Place</st1:address></st1:street>: $1,000.00
2<sup>nd</sup> Place: $
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">500.00
3<sup>rd</sup> Place</st1:address></st1:street>: $
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">250.00
4<sup>th</sup> Place</st1:address></st1:street>: $
<st1:street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">150.00
5<sup>th</sup> Place</st1:address></st1:street>: $100.00

1. Each Forum will be allowed to enter exactly five different cappers for their team.

2. Prize Money will be distributed to the teams with the biggest bankroll at the end of the NBA Playoffs.

3. Each players bankroll will start at 10,000 units. 1000 units maximum per wager.

4. Post your plays at legalsports.com . You can PM raiders72001 for username and password. Any team member can get all the user names and passwords for their team from me. The usernames will be, or very close to your name listed in the contest. (Because of time contstraints on week 1, you can post your plays in a designated thread. I will enter the plays for you but you will get the line at the time that I enter the play.)

6. EOG is going through legalsports.com to tabulate units won/loss for each individual player as well as the team. EOG will make an effort to get these up ASAP.

7. EOG will post all cappers plays shortly after tip-off so that they will be viewable by all.

8. Each team member must have been a registered member of their team site prior to 6/1/09. If one member registered after 6/1/09 then the team is disqualified.

9. Someone here at EOG may disqualify a site prior to the tip-off of the first game.

10. I will make all final rulings

11. X-Bets are available at Matchbook for those looking for side bets.

GL and may the best forum win. :cheers

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I don't mind going on about it. It helps to straighten things out, not only for this contest, but future ones.

If you place a "wager" at -290 with a book for 1000, then you are risking 2900.

Yes, my fault, the final rules. Ok, rule 3 applies.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

fuegs is wrong

I guess I'm wrong? Please look at the final rules just posted by Raiders in post 59 and tell me how you can make any bet in this competition for more than 1,000 units?

I understand rule 5 but back to my point at the start of this. Rule 4 states the opposite of rule 5. Rule 4 says you can't bet over 1,000 per play and rule 5 says you can. Can you see my point?
I can definitely see your point.

Timetopay

EOG Master

u never saw the final rules. its ok. says 1000 but dont specify to win or to bet.

time to move on

3. Each players bankroll will start at 10,000 units. 1000 units maximum per wager.
That's why the bet is within the rules. It was 1000 wager.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

u never saw the final rules. its ok. says 1000 but dont specify to win or to bet.

time to move on

If you read this rule you would think you could make a wager to win 1,000? Come on now. That rule means you can't make a wager for more than 1,000. How do I know that? Because the regular legalsports rules outside of this contest state you can't make plays for more than 1,000. That's how it's supposed to be set up.

This rule in no way means to win 1,000 no matter how many times you tell me it does. Oh well, I guess that fucked us for game 1 and 2 but no worries. We'll change accordingly.

Timetopay

EOG Master

you like fuegs by the way?

fuegs team RX imploded so move on

roach23

Banned

I think that reverse that enfuego pointed out should be cancelled. that faggot mushed me.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I think that reverse that enfuego pointed out should be cancelled. that faggot mushed me.

I'm not even talking about the reverses at all. I'm talking about all other plays for more than 1,000 Units.

Oh well.

roach23

Banned

you ruined it anyway.

cancel it raiders.

Timetopay

EOG Master

no way these should count. site was fucked up again and i got in wrong plays.

We need to cancel and start again