What kind of football contests would you guys be interested in?

mofome

Banned
post up?
head to head?
combined nfl and ncaaf?
separate contests only?
pre season predict the record contests or other kinds of creative prediction contests?
Season long capping contests?

What do you guys want to play in.

:pop:

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: What kind of football contests would you guys be interested in?

About time someone got around to asking

you are slacking Mo :devil:

The Doc's contest was a good format. Too bad it turned into a clusterfuck with the constant changing of the rules and posting times, etc.

I would like to see it run again, but maybe with Raiders in charge of it to see that it is run well.

Apple

Banned

Last man standing contests are fun and extremely easy..

mofome

Banned

yeah we'll have to get a version of the last man standing for sure.

The contest where you pick the team with no pointspread.. You can only use them once.

I dont know the name of the contest.

Last man standing contests are fun and extremely easy..

yeah we'll have to get a version of the last man standing for sure.

Here is one that I was thinking of....I'm not sure if someone else has used it though. Reverse survivor for CFB. Each week you have to pick a Top 25 CFB team to lose....no limit on the amount of times you can pick a team. Could be very fun and interesting.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

all of the above please. :thumbsup

seriously though, let's do a ton even if it means smaller payouts. i love football. :houra

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

here's a couple specific ideas:

1.weekly pick 'em contest for the abc saturday night game just like we do for baseball.
2.preseason conference prediction contest - pick the final conference standings through the first 3 spots (ie, Florida #1, LSU #2, Ole Miss #3 for the SEC...if a tie just go with the higher ranking). get 3 points for picking the winner, 2 for 2nd, and 1 for third.
3. pick a winning ats side survivor contest - can be any game, just pick the ats winner and advance.
4. pick a losing top 25 team survivor contest- can't pick one team more than once.
5. weekly pick 'em contest - moderators or somebody pick the five highest profile games of the week, everybody picks ATS and totals (10 picks total). tiebreaker(s) can be highest scoring/lowest scoring team(s) or something like that.

just some suggestions though. whatever they are they'll be fun...

Cannon

Banned

As long as the winner gets Chuck Lucks executive phone service for life I don't care what kind of contest we have.

Cannon

Banned

We should make or bets and have them graded by a computer so we can keep correct records.

Finance

EOG Veteran

The pick the loser each NFL week was a fun one last year - reverse last man standing....

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I would like to see a post up contest but a sponsor pays the prizes like Phoenix Sports has been running for 8 years. $10,000 top prize, and you can use your post up to gamble with.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

I would like to see a post up contest but a sponsor pays the prizes like Phoenix Sports has been running for 8 years. $10,000 top prize, and you can use your post up to gamble with.

that is a fun contest and thanks again for letting me know about it last year

BTW congrats on winning it

10k:thumbsup

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

7 Ncaa games every Saturday.Sides only.(Leroy's format)

soli

EOG Dedicated

Hilton format. Post Up. 5 selections each week.

I agree with the Hilton style format and also the Doc style format. One of the purpose of this site is to Help handicappers win cash. This style gives you top handicappers plays using the pointspread with their records being documented. Just my 2 cents.

PassTheRock

EOG Master

I think we should all have a diver down moustache growing contest this year. And the winner will recieve a prize same time next year, along with a super sexy moustache.

roach23

Banned

My suggestion is a contest where the lines are put out by at least thursday/friday and that aren't graded by enfuego.

Blondie

EOG Master

My suggestion is a contest where the lines are put out by at least thursday/friday and that aren't graded by enfuego.

I don't think he ever technically graded any of them, he just was in charge of it for the majority of the contest...

High Times and I think dio (feel free to correct me if I am wrong someone, graded them...)

roach23

Banned

I don't think he ever technically graded any of them, he just was in charge of it for the majority of the contest...

High Times and I think dio (feel free to correct me if I am wrong someone, graded them...)

well whatever his part was in the other one i think you can't possibly have someone do a worse job as contest czar

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

2008 NFL Pick 4 champion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

maybe do another forum challenge......longer time span....football is king