Vikings fans, NFL fans, do you want favre to play next year or not?

mofome

Banned
As someone with family on the Vikes, I kind of do. Im not a fan of how favre has handled things, but I also don't think its all that big of a deal. People change their minds on tons of things and feel different about different things all the time, I dont see why so many people get genuinely upset about him changing his mind about his retirement. Its got to be a tough decision walking away from being paid to play a game for good. What I cant stand is all of the tear filled interviews after games, thats just too much for me.

PassTheRock

EOG Master
Re: Vikings fans, NFL fans, do you want favre to play next year or not?

If he wants to play, let em play. I like Brett.

Dont matter to me!

Lets say he plays, Vikes win Super Bowl? I think no.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

yesssssssssssssss

tripp

EOG Master

as long as he never wears a jets uni again in his life i dont care about him. one of the most frustrating years i have ever had as a fan, and im glad jones and the rest of the guys called him out in the end

i think the vikes are better off with sage though. favre will try to be the star when on the vikes the qb needs to be a secondary guy. favre throws too much risky passes and turnovers are the one thing that minnesota cant tolerate because they have a top tier defense and a top tier running game. no turnovers and they'll always have a shot

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated

As a huge Packer fan, I don't even care anymore. Let the Vikings fan get their hopes up high, just to be crushed in the end. Thats what its all about

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Half of the teams in the NFL have had a back up QB better than the Vikes starter in the past couple of years. Look at who has won the SB the last few years. all had stud QB's. You cannot get very far without a bona fide - top 10 QB. I will admit the Vikes have weak wide receivers. Very hard to get talent at all the positions.

Guaranteed the Vikes cannot get to the next level without major talent at QB. Also guaranteed the Packers will not get back to where they were with their current QB. Just not good enough. Who will have a chance to pass everybody by is the Bears. Now they have talent where they have needed it for years. Denver will suck big time this year - not even a 500 team.

So, I am willing to take a shot at Farve - get him healthy - bring him along like a prize race horse gunning for the Derby. He might have the motivation to stick it up Thompson and Murphy's wazoo.

How long is Adrian Peterson going to want to play for a team with a mediocre QB? Whatever it is - Zygi needs to get his check book out and stop scrimping on a QB. You cannot compete in the playoffs with a QB that could not start on any other team.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Half of the teams in the NFL have had a back up QB better than the Vikes starter in the past couple of years. Look at who has won the SB the last few years. all had stud QB's. You cannot get very far without a bona fide - top 10 QB. I will admit the Vikes have weak wide receivers. Very hard to get talent at all the positions.

Guaranteed the Vikes cannot get to the next level without major talent at QB. Also guaranteed the Packers will not get back to where they were with their current QB. Just not good enough. Who will have a chance to pass everybody by is the Bears. Now they have talent where they have needed it for years. Denver will suck big time this year - not even a 500 team.

So, I am willing to take a shot at Farve - get him healthy - bring him along like a prize race horse gunning for the Derby. He might have the motivation to stick it up Thompson and Murphy's wazoo.

How long is Adrian Peterson going to want to play for a team with a mediocre QB? Whatever it is - Zygi needs to get his check book out and stop scrimping on a QB. You cannot compete in the playoffs with a QB that could not start on any other team.

Aaron Rodgers on the Vikes would make them an instant threat, but since he isn't going anywhere, Sage needs to stay healthy for the Vikes to win..I expect the Vikes to get into the playoffs again and look for their rookie wide reciever from Florida to have a huge year...forget Farvre..

kyhawk

EOG Addicted

I grew up in MN during Vikes domination days. Anything would be improvement over current qb's.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

tripp

EOG Master

Why are the Packers not a threat with Rodgers, but Favre being on the Vikings is a threat?

Rodgers is a top 10 qb, and could make the jump to top 5 this year. It is being generous to call Favre a top 25 QB in the league. The guy is 40 years old and thinks he is in his prime throwing shit passes for INT's every game.

Vikings overall have a better team than the Packers. Packers have Aaron Rodgers though, and that makes them a huge threat to win that division. Favre does nothing for Minnesota.

Here we go again. All you Packer fans just settle down and tune your snowmobiles or polish your hunting rifles. Favre will sign with the Vikings based on his relationship with Childress and QB coach Bevell.Send in the clowns.
:pop:

ballwonder

EOG Master

I would like to see him play with the Vikings.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Why are the Packers not a threat with Rodgers, but Favre being on the Vikings is a threat?

Rodgers is a top 10 qb, and could make the jump to top 5 this year. It is being generous to call Favre a top 25 QB in the league. The guy is 40 years old and thinks he is in his prime throwing shit passes for INT's every game.

Vikings overall have a better team than the Packers. Packers have Aaron Rodgers though, and that makes them a huge threat to win that division. Favre does nothing for Minnesota.

How many teams could Aaron Rodgers start for? I just don't think he is that good - rate him in the 15-20 category. Just for fun - let's dig up the stats for the two QB's for last year. I agree - Farve was not very good after he hurt his arm. I rate the current Vikes QB at #45 or so. A healthy Farve could still be better than Rodgers is this year or ever will be.

tripp

EOG Master

How many teams could Aaron Rodgers start for? I just don't think he is that good - rate him in the 15-20 category. Just for fun - let's dig up the stats for the two QB's for last year. I agree - Farve was not very good after he hurt his arm. I rate the current Vikes QB at #45 or so. A healthy Farve could still be better than Rodgers is this year or ever will be.

Rodgers would start for almost all teams imo. I'd rate him top 10 easy.

1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. Palmer (when healthy)
4. Big Ben
5. Cutler
6. Rodgers
7. Romo
8. Brees
9. Warner
10. Ryan

That is just a quick ranking, but I think this is fairly accurate, at least imo. Big jump from #2 to #3, but Palmer is a talent that could top the elite level if he could just stay healthy and have some talent around him.

I'm a big Rodgers guy. To me he was better last year than Favre was the year before for the Packers, the guys around Rodgers just didn't play as well. They have tremendous receivers, but Driver wasn't as good last year, Grant wasn't nearly as good last year, and the defense was awful.

People like to point to record when talking about Favre, saying the Packers dropped off in wins and the Jets went up. Rodgers was the best player on Green Bay though. The defense was amazing the year before, they were awful last year, and GB lost a lot of close games. They could easily be a Super Bowl team this year with Rodgers. As for the Jets, they won in spite of Favre. He cost them games with his "gunslinger" attitude that people love about him. He just throws too many INT's and a lot of the time they are costly. The guys on the team couldn't stand him and his ego. The Jets were better last year because of their defense and running game. Jenkins was BY FAR the biggest aquisition the Jets made in the off-season last year, not Favre. Jenkins was huge for the Jets on defense and was the biggest reason the record improved. People don't look at that though. They see record before Favre and record with Favre and think he is the reason. Chad Pennington outplayed Favre last year by a mile, and he did so with much less talent than Favre had.

Just my opinion on the topic, but the day Favre left the Jets was a fantastic day for me as a Jets fan.

Rodgers would start for almost all teams imo. I'd rate him top 10 easy.

1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. Palmer (when healthy)
4. Big Ben
5. Cutler
6. Rodgers
7. Romo
8. Brees
9. Warner
10. Ryan

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

The rest of the teams in the Norris division are praying he comes back.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Yo, Tripp - As you are a Jets fan I see why Eli Manning wasn't on your list. The stats for Aaron Rodgers are misleading. A 6-10 team is behind so much they have to throw. Let's look at the futures bets for # of games over/under for next year and see if that gives us a lead on how good the oddsmakers think Aaron Rodgers is.

It's all about winning games. The best definition of a good coach I ever heard was, " He can take his and beat yours and he can take yours and beat his". Could we say the same about upper echelon QB's ?

12io4j2w90

tripp

EOG Master

Yo, Tripp - As you are a Jets fan I see why Eli Manning wasn't on your list. The stats for Aaron Rodgers are misleading. A 6-10 team is behind so much they have to throw. Let's look at the futures bets for # of games over/under for next year and see if that gives us a lead on how good the oddsmakers think Aaron Rodgers is.

It's all about winning games. The best definition of a good coach I ever heard was, " He can take his and beat yours and he can take yours and beat his". Could we say the same about upper echelon QB's ?

12io4j2w90

Very fair point. Eli is a mystery to me. At times he looks almost like a top 5 QB, then at others he seems to almost hold the team back. Needs a bit of consistency, but if he can gain that this year he will take a huge jump forward.

I always thought of him as underrated until they won the Super Bowl then he was suddenly overrated to me, as guys that once thought of him as barely top 20 all of a sudden were arguing he could be better than his brother.

i dont really think vikes fans think rosenfels or jackson can take them deeper than favre.. it would be hard to believe any would at least.

1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. Palmer (when healthy)
4. Big Ben
5. Cutler
6. Rodgers
7. Romo
8. Brees
9. Warner
10. Ryan

Why Rodgers above Romo, Brees, and Warner?

tripp

EOG Master

1. Peyton
2. Brady
3. Palmer (when healthy)
4. Big Ben
5. Cutler
6. Rodgers
7. Romo
8. Brees
9. Warner
10. Ryan

Why Rodgers above Romo, Brees, and Warner?

any way you put the top 10 list some wont like it. some will say i put cutler way too high, and some will say he is better than big ben and palmer.

i actually think romo is probably a top 5 qb, but if i put him in the top 5 this whole thread becomes about that as people hate romo.

id honestly rate romo ahead of culter, and rodgers, but they are all very close.

brees im not big on. just not the big guy i look for as a qb, and just comes off as more of a stats qb to me. he can throw for 4,000+ yards a year in that saints offense, but so could all the guys i listed ahead of him, and i think they give you more of a chance to win.

warner played better than 9th last year, but he's still a pretty old guy and it's hard to rank a 40 year old (or around there) much higher than that, especially one that gets to play with two top 10 WR to help him out.

Fair enough, looks like a nice top 10 to me besides rodgers. But then again, i am a Vikings fan.

\

i actually think romo is probably a top 5 qb, but if i put him in the top 5 this whole thread becomes about that as people hate romo.

quote]

:LMAO:LMAO that is a truism for sure.

People would raffle on here to get your home address to do bodily harm to you if you said that.. Everytime I seem to have an original opinion or one different from that of ESPN.com's, then I'm all of a sudden a fucking idiot!!!

Funny how that works.... the sheep don't like the disruptions... One by one, as they march off the cliff.

So little seperates the top QB;s IMO.. they're all as good as the protection they get.