Series could easily be 3-1 Magic...

Apple

Banned
If I was a die hard Magic fan I would feel sick..

Lee misses layup is game 2
Howard and Turk miss a ton of late FTs, Fisher allowed to shoot open 3 in final secs in game 4..

Switch those two plays up and this could easily be 3-1 Magic right now..

Apple

Banned
Re: Series could easily be 3-1 Magic...

C'mon Flamingo, you gonna let your Lakers homerism blind you?

Good example of why I'm not a Lakers fan, the fans are blinded by homerism.. Like in the Kings series back in the day, can't find one Laker fan who admitted that series was fixed even though it was the most obvious shit in decades.

Could be but the Magic are good at losing some games that they shouldn't. That's fine against inferior teams but not against teams that are as good as you or better talent wise.

Apple

Banned

I agree 100% val. They have the tendency of choking, its because of their style of play. Really no go-to guy late in games.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

they wasted a few opportunities....but that is what makes the lakers championship calibur....you give them a window and they take advantage of it.....cleveland had the same chances, but instead they gave games away to the magic.

talent wise, not much separation in these teams....but this is the same thing they said about jordan, he was a competitor and made his team win every time...

...don't be fooled, jordan was THE MAN, but it wasn't him that made the big shots (there was one that they keep showing where he jumps and pumps fist vs. Jazz)....it was the Steve Kerr, BJ Armstrong, Tony Kukoc, Craig Hodges and such making the big ones....Jordan was the competitor that put them in position to win and made sure they seized the moment....kind of like Kobe

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

agree

and i could be married to a playboy playmate if i looked like Brad Pitt and had his money as well

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Just like it could easily be Lakers 3-1 which it is. The better team wins those games, and that's what has happened..

Apple

Banned

Lakers were the better team today???

Unbelievable, sometimes its just better to keep quiet then starts threads like this.. If you actually think the Lakers were the better team today, you're nuts..

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Just like in golf...they don't ask how, just how many...

Laker up 3-1 and drawing away...

guitarjosh

EOG Addicted

Could be 3-1...at the same time if Kobe doesn't miss half his FTs in game 3 it could be over right now.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Gyno is right. 2 OT games and Lakers win them both. A split there and it is 2-2. I have the Lakers for the finals but had Orlando last night agaisnt the world. 87-82 orlando LATE and they blew it. It does often come down to making plays. Lakers have and orlando has not.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Lakers were the better team today???

Unbelievable, sometimes its just better to keep quiet then starts threads like this.. If you actually think the Lakers were the better team today, you're nuts..

Did the scorekeeper mess up? How did the better team not win?

It's the NBA. It comes down the last couple mins and who steps up and makes the big plays. Just because the Magic had the nice lead at halftime doesn't make them the better team.

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

Laker's have a huge advantage having been there before. It's tough to seal the deal on your first time.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

Lakers 0 free throws in the 4th quarter...Magic had 17.....

Good points VD

Bottom line is they have played 4--games & Lakers have won (3) does not matter how, why, if this, if that, bottom line is 3 of 4 went to the Lakers, as SICK as that game last night made me . . . MAGIC had the same 5 mins of Opportunity to win in OT or Perhaps MAKE a FT

Can assure you "WE" were pulling for MAGIC as much as anyone Last night but bottom line/score = 99-91 LAK

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

a lot of laker homers/backers on this site have a really hard time with hypotheticals.

magic should be up 3 games to 1 right now. two bad bounces of the ball are the difference in the series (lee's miss in g2 and dwight's ft falling off the rim last night). two bad bounces/rolls, that's the difference.

the lakers are not clearly the better team and/or clearly deserving of the wins they got. anybody that seriously says such a thing is a fucking dolt.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Lakers 0 free throws in the 4th quarter...Magic had 17.....

Exactly. i couldnt careless about these two teams but if people couldn't see the one sided calls against the Lakers last night then they are not looking close enuf. These two teams are head and shoulders different in talent. Orlando could be the dumbest team in the history of sports with that jackass center leading the pack. How many times is he gonna goaltend till he realizes it is goaltending? How many times will he block a shot out of bounds instead of to a teammate? How many times is this jackass gonna get the ball low and refuse to go up and slam it but dick around with it and lose it? How many times when he has a slam he lays up one of his bricks? I said he was overrated in the beginning of the playoff and then slacked off a bit but he is way to overrated for my taste. Maybe he needs to forget about the slamdunk contest and use this time working on his game. Ewing should be fired because if u are there to teach someone and the guy u are teaching makes mistake after mistake, then u need to go. all u need is a decent big guy against him and he is neutralized. These rat fukin refs won't even let Bynum play because they know Howard will play even worse. I wasn't a big fan of Shaq and thought he got away with murder down low but at least Shaq worked on his game. This nitwit makes the same mistake over and over again. Somebody for goodness sakes bring him in the film room and point this stuff out. It is embarrassing. This team is lucky to have one win.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

a lot of laker homers/backers on this site have a really hard time with hypotheticals.

magic should be up 3 games to 1 right now. two bad bounces of the ball are the difference in the series (lee's miss in g2 and dwight's ft falling off the rim last night). two bad bounces/rolls, that's the difference.

the lakers are not clearly the better team and/or clearly deserving of the wins they got. anybody that seriously says such a thing is a fucking dolt.

WEINKE

The problem with "HYPOTHETICALS" is this, Hypothetically speaking we should have GOT "RICH" last night as BOOKMAKERS with entire world "ON" LAKERS +2.5 LAKERS +2 LAKERS +1.5 AND yes BFC closed LAKERS +1 ..........not to mention all Moneyline Lakers AND 2nd--HF's

The problem I have with Hypotheticals, is they don't pay my Bills or my clients . . . . i AM NOT LAKERS FAN but fact Remains

LAKERS 3

MAGIC 1

If, as you say MAGIC are so much Better they will have no Problem winning next 3 games & winning the Title . . . I just do NOT see how the MAGIC can be the BETTER team . . . Better teams FIND way to WIN, MAGIC Find ways to LOSE . . . but, that's Just my Opinion, Maybe I'm one of the "Homers" you speak of above . . . .

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

howard was one block away from a triple-double.

and these teams are clearly *not* "head and shoulders different in talent". that's just an assinine statement. it really, really is.

posts like the one above should get someone banned quicker than pics of the shrink committing various acts of sodomy on small rodents. just a stupid post.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

and these teams are clearly *not* "head and shoulders different in talent". that's just an assinine statement. it really, really is.

posts like the one above should get someone banned quicker than pics of the shrink committing various acts of sodomy on small rodents. just a stupid post.

17 foul shots for Orlando to 0 in the forth quarter and somehow u think Orlando is the better team. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

WEINKE

The problem with "HYPOTHETICALS" is this, Hypothetically speaking we should have GOT "RICH" last night as BOOKMAKERS with entire world "ON" LAKERS +2.5 LAKERS +2 LAKERS +1.5 AND yes BFC closed LAKERS +1 ..........not to mention all Moneyline Lakers AND 2nd--HF's

The problem I have with Hypotheticals, is they don't pay my Bills or my clients . . . . i AM NOT LAKERS FAN but fact Remains

LAKERS 3

MAGIC 1

If, as you say MAGIC are so much Better they will have no Problem winning next 3 games & winning the Title . . . I just do NOT see how the MAGIC can be the BETTER team . . . Better teams FIND way to WIN, MAGIC Find ways to LOSE . . . but, that's Just my Opinion, Maybe I'm one of the "Homers" you speak of above . . . .

of course they don't pay the bills you dimwit. gyno was making a very accurate comment about this series, one that i think was intended to make people re-think the escalating laker circle-jerk that is now well underway. the magic very easily could be up 3 games to 1. this is fact. this is common sense. there is no way to argue this simple statement that gyno made, one can only responsd argumentatively to it with a correlated statement but one that has no bearing whatsoever on the truth of gyno's observation.

and i haven't said the magic are "so much better". i've said they're just as talented. big difference.

wasted opportunities by the magic have cost them the series. the lakers haven't proven to me that they're clearly the better team, just that they're the luckier/more clutch team this series.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

17 foul shots for Orlando to 0 in the forth quarter and somehow u think Orlando is the better team. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

did dwight not get raped when he got the ball down low? a lot of those could/should have been intentionals and they weren't called.

did kobe not throw an elbow that easily could have been called an offensive if not flagrant foul?

the magic made a clear effort to not foul the shooter in the 4th quarter. look at pietrus just keeping his hands down on that long kobe 2.

you're an idiot anyway, there's no reason to argue this with you further. dwight howard is 23, almost had a triple double, and just set the record for most blocks in a finals game. and yet you say he sucks, is overrated, etc. your opinion on this series is about as useful as the dump i just took.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

yeah triple doubles are not that hard to get when all three big men on the other side had five fouls and two of them had the five fouls early. Imagine that. Kinda ties ur hands on how to play. I bet Orlando last night and every time they threw it in to Howard i had to turn my head. It is flat out embarrassing the way he turns the ball over and it is the same way each and every time.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

MAGIC are extrememly talented, but nonetheless the figure out was to BLOW GAMES .............NO--WAY are they suppose to Blow that Game Last Night . . . with 1:27 left we had Moneyline -925 meaning we Obviously thought NO WAY IN HELL can this MAGIC TEAM Blow this One

However, reality = THEY CAN & DID

and result = LAKERS 3 MAGIC 1

Period

I just can't see any reason to discuss should Have Beens & Hypotheticals ..........I mean Hypothetically the STeelers should NOT have made that Miracle catch & WON SUPERBOWL, but they did

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

did dwight not get raped when he got the ball down low? a lot of those could/should have been intentionals and they weren't called.

did kobe not throw an elbow that easily could have been called an offensive if not flagrant foul?

the magic made a clear effort to not foul the shooter in the 4th quarter. look at pietrus just keeping his hands down on that long kobe 2.

you're an idiot anyway, there's no reason to argue this with you further. dwight howard is 23, almost had a triple double, and just set the record for most blocks in a finals game. and yet you say he sucks, is overrated, etc. your opinion on this series is about as useful as the dump i just took.

I didn't say he sucks genius. You are right when u can't see one team get 17 foul shots in the fourth quarter and the other team none, then it really isn't worth discussing. Where u from Orlando? Ah nevermind.

betfirstclass

EOG Dedicated

Weinke

didn't mean start hug-ass arguement, but could care less if HOWARD had 100 Points 60 Boards & 30 blocks, THEY LOST THE GAME @ HOME after having 7 point lead Late . . . . Championship quality teams, do NOT lose these games

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

nothing to do with it handjob.

lol bullshit it doesn't and i think 95% of the people here with a working brain will tell you that.

you got burned by a bad collapse and you're bitter about it. those two missed free throws by dwight had you absolutely fuming (hey, me too, but as a fan, not a bettor) and now you're venting it off in this thread.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Only 2 reasons the Lakers are the better team and will win the Championship...

Phil Jackson is the better coach...the Orlando coach has made many dumb mistakes..

Lakers have the best player on the court...Kobe Bryant
Dwight Howard needs to work on his game over the summer...he is a stud and I hope he realizes that you can't win on brute strength alone...

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

obviously dwight needs to continue working on his game. the kid is only 23. if he ever develops half the touch of timmy duncan he'll be the best center to ever play the game (fwiw though, i don't think he will...and i say that as a huge dwight/magic fan).

what's really frustrating to watch though, as a magic fan, is that dwight's little running jump hook was very effective in the regular season. his percentage for that shot has dropped off quite a bit in the playoffs and i'm not sure why. inexperience, most likely.

tripp

EOG Master

magic are not the better team. could they be up 3-1? of coarse, they aren't and that is why they are not the better team. better team would have come up clutch and made the plays to win. howard misses BOTH free throws that would have won the game. the guy just had to hit ONE and he couldn't. fisher has one shot to hit a deep three to tie and he makes it. that is why the lakers are better. a guy most on this board say sucks, and shouldn't even be starting comes up huge TWICE with deep threes in the finals seconds, and superman himself cant hit a damn free throw to win the game.

lakers are definitely the better team. kobe hasn't even been that good at all in this series and they are still up 3-1 and orlando has really 0 chance of winning this series.

doesn't matter what people will want to say. lakers will be the champions once again and we all know who of these two has a better chance of being back next year.

(guarantee also someone will say im a lakers fan, when just a coule weeks ago people say i was a lakers 'hater' because i say lebron is better than kobe, which he is):LMAO

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

tripp, you haven't even been watching the playoffs. you also said that the cavs vs. lakers was a guarantee.

excuse me if i don't take your opinion to count for much on this subject.

Wade

EOG Master

New Zealand could easily have won today 5-0. Instead they suck and lost 0-5 to Spain. Lakers had the experience and coaching edge. D Howard should be practicing free throws in the pregame instead of half court shots.