You into Real challenges "joe"...or are you just posturing?

Per the short-lived discussion within this past few days of "SarahBarracuda" thread, "JoeC" posted a rather rhetorical wager challenge to me

"Sarah P will run for President in 2012"

and then preemptively called me a coward for not accepting that challenge.

Trouble is, that I couldn't take such a wager because I think it's rather likely that Palin will at least run for the Republican primary bid (in which she would be trounced and out by mid March 2012).

===
Now I like challenges and am even willing to risk something of significance. Though I do find it tricky to come up with something of risk for "Joe" to put up since he's already so marginalized with his main venue for strong political opinions being limited to a sports handicapping website.

So I've got a challenge and it would be great fun if "Joe" were to accept it (and/or negotiate agreeable terms within same vein).

We could track the ongoing challenge over these next six months right here at the EOG PoliticsForum.

Next post describes my idea, which has it's origin in response to "JoeC's" repeated insistence both here at EOG and in past couple years at RxPoliticsRoom that he is "all over the net and his opinions are delivered in a wide variety of venues....just under different names than "joec"."

I think he's full of bull, but am happy to be put in my place if I'm the one who's mistaken.

Re: You into Real challenges "joe"...or are you just posturing?

"The Wager"

Pretty simple and easy to track and to grade

When: July 10 through Feb 10

What: Who can get his Political Opinions printed in the most newspaper LTE pages during the next six months?

Each printed letter is scored on a sliding scale of 1 to 5 based on the print circulation of the newspaper involved. "5" would be high end outlets like the NY Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post etc

"4" would be next largest circulation, etc, down to "1" for most any mainstream newspaper with an online presence sufficient to verify printed LTEs.

We could easily establish the five tier scoring system prior to the contest start by agreeing on some simple circulation numbers.

====
Topics of the LTEs could be anything you wish - Drug policy, obama pro/con, US foreign policy, taxes, abortion, gay rights, education

===
It is commonly agreeable for newspapers to publish LTEs using a psuedonym for the writer if so desired. Thus "joe" would not have to disclose his real name, (though I happen to know what it is anyway). But whatever name he chose for his LTEs would need to be the same and it would need to be a name that does not show up in a routine Web search prior to the contest start. (thus preventing him from kayfabing and giving himself credit for some other person's work).

I would of course be signing all my letters with my real name and hometown.

===
The "challenge" within this contest would thus compare the "political and social activism" aptitudes of Steve and "joe" in more than just quantity of letters.

The LTE pages of mainstream newspapers are rather competitive and limited due to space.

This means in order to be printed, the writer must have some reasonably good communication skills.

They must be succinct (150 words or less in most cases)

They must be literate.

They must be free from undue libel, hyperbolic slurs, profanity and - sorry to say - they must have their message delivered without the presence of

:LMAO2938u4ji23:cheers:pop::finger004:doh1:hangt:blink:

And of course they cannot use GIANT MULTI-COLORED
BLAH BLAH

========
Now I realize I likely burned a good ten minutes of my life composing the above challenge since "Joe" has in the four years I've known him done nothing to suggest he would try to take on such venues as a mainstream newspaper page

(Imagine a NY Times letter..."The Militant Gay Sodomite Agenda!!"...heh)

But I'll conclude by making my public risk here

"JOE" wins -- From Jan 15 through July 15, I would see to it that his access to the RxPoliticsRoom (where he asked to be banned) was restored.

Additionally, during those six months, I myself would absolutely recuse myself from making even a single post in that venue and also within the EOG Politics Forum.

"MANNY" (steve) wins -- Joe agrees to post in a prominent location within both the RxPoliticsRoom and the EOG PoliticsRoom that I am pretty much his Daddy with regard to delivering political opinion and education to the people of North America. The exact words of his public concession could be agreeably decided prior to the contest start. He would not be required to do much more than publicly acknowledge his being a clear second banana t o his longtime cyber nemesis "Barman/Manny".

Additionally, I think it would be fun if I were to win to have Joe agree to meet me face to face upon my next trip to Toronto at which time we would enjoy a couple drinks over a simple sports bar dinner and pose for a friendly handshake photo that could then be publicly posted both at the Rx and here at EOG.

=====

I will now proceed to Hold My Breath until such time as Joe either accepts or rejects the above public wager....though I won't do it for long as I gotta admit I'd likely be one dead puppy.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Bump. Just in case it was not scene.

Dare I expect some Comedy Gold to arise here??????????!!!!!!!!!!!:pop::+excited-

If Joe has actually put me on Ignore (which he's done a few times in past for a couple days, then rescinded), you would have to Quote my post for him to see it

"The Wager"

Pretty simple and easy to track and to grade

When: July 10 through Feb 10

What: Who can get his Political Opinions printed in the most newspaper LTE pages during the next six months?

Each printed letter is scored on a sliding scale of 1 to 5 based on the print circulation of the newspaper involved. "5" would be high end outlets like the NY Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post etc

"4" would be next largest circulation, etc, down to "1" for most any mainstream newspaper with an online presence sufficient to verify printed LTEs.

We could easily establish the five tier scoring system prior to the contest start by agreeing on some simple circulation numbers.

====
Topics of the LTEs could be anything you wish - Drug policy, obama pro/con, US foreign policy, taxes, abortion, gay rights, education

===
It is commonly agreeable for newspapers to publish LTEs using a psuedonym for the writer if so desired. Thus "joe" would not have to disclose his real name, (though I happen to know what it is anyway). But whatever name he chose for his LTEs would need to be the same and it would need to be a name that does not show up in a routine Web search prior to the contest start. (thus preventing him from kayfabing and giving himself credit for some other person's work).

I would of course be signing all my letters with my real name and hometown.

===
The "challenge" within this contest would thus compare the "political and social activism" aptitudes of Steve and "joe" in more than just quantity of letters.

The LTE pages of mainstream newspapers are rather competitive and limited due to space.

This means in order to be printed, the writer must have some reasonably good communication skills.

They must be succinct (150 words or less in most cases)

They must be literate.

They must be free from undue libel, hyperbolic slurs, profanity and - sorry to say - they must have their message delivered without the presence of

:LMAO2938u4ji23:cheers:pop::finger004:doh1:hangt:blink:

And of course they cannot use GIANT MULTI-COLORED
BLAH BLAH

========
Now I realize I likely burned a good ten minutes of my life composing the above challenge since "Joe" has in the four years I've known him done nothing to suggest he would try to take on such venues as a mainstream newspaper page

(Imagine a NY Times letter..."The Militant Gay Sodomite Agenda!!"...heh)

But I'll conclude by making my public risk here

"JOE" wins -- From Jan 15 through July 15, I would see to it that his access to the RxPoliticsRoom (where he asked to be banned) was restored.

Additionally, during those six months, I myself would absolutely recuse myself from making even a single post in that venue and also within the EOG Politics Forum.

"MANNY" (steve) wins -- Joe agrees to post in a prominent location within both the RxPoliticsRoom and the EOG PoliticsRoom that I am pretty much his Daddy with regard to delivering political opinion and education to the people of North America. The exact words of his public concession could be agreeably decided prior to the contest start. He would not be required to do much more than publicly acknowledge his being a clear second banana t o his longtime cyber nemesis "Barman/Manny".

Additionally, I think it would be fun if I were to win to have Joe agree to meet me face to face upon my next trip to Toronto at which time we would enjoy a couple drinks over a simple sports bar dinner and pose for a friendly handshake photo that could then be publicly posted both at the Rx and here at EOG.

=====

I will now proceed to Hold My Breath until such time as Joe either accepts or rejects the above public wager....though I won't do it for long as I gotta admit I'd likely be one dead puppy.

Like this? (Although I would take the limit that joey saw it the minute it was posted).

Yep....And yeah, the entire premise is likely a doomed concept right from the ol' get-go.

But it's been a couple years since I first posed it (back at Rx in 2007 which he would not do because he was "too busy working his other cyber activism...")

This will be my go-to thread for near future any time he wants to proclaim himself as being influential outside of our friendly fraternal EOG sports pub

tank

EOG Dedicated

I don't know Manny but you may have your hands full.
This guy is smart enough to strategically place his IPO outside the good old US of A just so he can bet on Pinny:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Really. Now we want to open up the editing genie? Really?

tank

EOG Dedicated

Seen, not 'scene'. :doh1

See i did get him to notice this thread and all it took was misspelling . Thanks for stopping by and catching that no-no, now are you going to take the wager??

See i did get him to notice this thread and all it took was misspelling . Thanks for stopping by and catching that no-no, now are you going to take the wager??

What wager?

The simple one I offered Steve Heath which he predictably chickened out on?

I can't read his posts anymore, he's on Ignore.

Am I supposed to be flattered by his creepy cross-internet obsession? :doh1

Just askin'...

Here's what "Joe" will respond (essentially) and if I'm correct both of you boys owe me a cookie (oatmeal raisin rocks steady)

"I'm too busy to waste time in such a wager because "Manny" would not honor his end when I won. And of course I'm too busy working Republican campaigns and writing copy for dozens of websites under a different name. And besides, no one reads the LTE pages of newspapers anyway. The only people who use that venue are local gadflies and amateurs. Real "journalists" like me don't waste our time with such minutiae."

You can remind Joe (who is pretending he can't see the proposed wager) that it's detailed in full within Post #6

Gots to make a late night run to the 24 hour grocery....back in about an hour to close this evening down

Mark, with a wry sense of humor to note TANK's misspelling, considering he (Mark) regaled us all last week with Giant Font ranting about the liberal "hoars" in Washington DC

I'm tellin' you guys....He's actually a funny fellow.

If he didn't take himself so seriously, I really think I could buy him a beer, though he'd probably want to run it through the sanitizer first to avoid catching any Militant Sodomite Gay Rights Supporting cooties from me.

Time for the Daily Bump of this here thread.

One of you other fellas could help by making a quick Reply of "So Joe, what's your response to the proposed wager? It was Quoted in Post #6 where you can see it".

Time for the Daily Bump of this here thread.

One of you other fellas could help by making a quick Reply of "So Joe, what's your response to the proposed wager? It was Quoted in Post #6 where you can see it".

I don't really believe that you are on "ignore" for our keyboard tuffy of th frozen tundra. . .People with the types of disorders that he so readily displays don't have it in their nature to miss what others are saying about them. . .

I don't really believe that you are on "ignore" for our keyboard tuffy of th frozen tundra. . .People with the types of disorders that he so readily displays don't have it in their nature to miss what others are saying about them. . .
said perfectly.
he posts for reactions only, never to inform or discuss. The big bold type and embarrassing cut-and-pastes are a way to evoke reaction and attention.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

said perfectly.
he posts for reactions only, never to inform or discuss. The big bold type and embarrassing cut-and-pastes are a way to evoke reaction and attention.
Joe may not really be Canadian, he is way meaner than the Canadians I know!

P.S. That is, unless he is a Leafs fan!

Hey Steve,

Let us know when one of your despicable pals at the Treason Times has his throat slit by al-Qaida.

:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004:finger004

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Double Standard on Captured US Soldier Predictable

Remember how the media conspired to hide the capture of New York Times reported David Rohde by the Taliban? We were told the media did the right thing to deliberately not report on his capture in order to ensure the reporter's safety and not allow the Taliban to use the media to manipulate the narrative.

Today, it has been reported that an American soldier has gone missing in eastern Afghanistan. Unsurprisingly, just about every media outlet has run a major story on the capture, and if they haven't, they will do so shortly. You can bet that when the soldier's name is revealed, we'll be bombarded with interviews of his family and any images or videos released by the Taliban.

The obvious question is why is it prudent to hide Rohde's kidnapping yet splash the headlines with the capture of a U.S. soldier? The answer is that the media views itself as being above the fray in America's wars. In their eyes, they're a neutral party, not part of the story, so they can remove themselves from the story when they wish. And the funny thing is they re-insert themselves back in the story when it makes them look good, like this feel-good piece on David Rohde's triumphant return to the New York Times newsroom.

Posted by Bill Roggio on July 2, 2009 12:04 PM | Permalink

tank

EOG Dedicated

If you have someone on ''ignore'' then why in the hell do you come in their thread and post off topic things???:doh1:doh1

"Joe" has never missed a single post I've put up.

His failure to at least discuss the proposed challenge is simply the latest evidence that he's little more than a cyber caricature.

Too bad. He demonstrates enough energy that if he actually did channel it towards some kind of political campaign or advocacy, he'd likely help make a difference.

Alas....'tis not to be

If you have someone on ''ignore'' then why in the hell do you come in their thread and post off topic things???:doh1:doh1

My friend, no matter how 'bipolar' some may think I am, know this: there is always a method to my madness.

Just because some are constantly perplexed and don't understand what I'm doing, doesn't mean *I* don't understand what I'm doing. :thumbsup